Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: which to sell first. how do you choose among your children?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default which to sell first. how do you choose among your children?

Okay, I went really nuts the first month I was involved with Pachislo and ended up with 11 machines. Now, to avoid divorce, I have to reduce the number of machines quickly. The problem is that I love them all so I need some advice on which ones to let go of first. Here is the list of machines (in no particular order):

lucky cherry (her very favorite)
    arra king (her second favorite)
    hanabi hyakkei
    george k
    club rodeo
    automatic
    wantouchables
    dynaworld
    night justice
    star of the giants (Kyojin no Hoshi)
    the last samurai (king of the battle world)

So the deal is that the luck cherry (which I also like a lot) and the arra king are probably not going anywhere, but I probably need to to move out at least five of the others. I like them all for one reason or another, but I thought I could perhaps get some advice from some of you experts on which you would keep if it were up to you.

Thanks for the input! ~spooner

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default *

make a row of 5 machines on the floor along the wall....cover with a thick color matching canvas tarp......set the remaining 5 machines in a row on top. wha-la!! problem solved!! (the notice the disparity in numbers? that would be the hyakkei you are sending to me as a consulting fee!) heck i'll pay shipping.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow! You must think my wife is retarded or something. I am more than sure she would notice the fact that there was no income from the sold machines, and this mysterious support system for the remaining machines. She is over 8 years old (I think).

If you had done better, I probably would have given you the HH machine and I would have paid shipping myself! Even though I really, really, like that machine.

Please try again and we will see how you do :wink: ~spooner

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: which to sell first. how do you choose among your child

Quote Originally Posted by spooner
    ......... Now, to avoid divorce, I have to reduce the number of machines quickly. The problem is that I love them all ........

Here is the problem that all yu married cats come up with all the time. Hey your the MAN of the house ! So put your foot down and say they all stay ! Being single I don't have to put up with this type of garbage as I rule my domain...except for my dog and the more and more recent visits by my girlfriend and my homeowners association and and...ANYWAY BE A MAN and keep em all :!: (glad it ain't me ...... :wink: )

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah, my boyfriend found out that "Foot DOWN, man SPOKEN!" doesn't work very well.....if it DID, we'd only have one machine in the house, and I'm looking at a wall of 4 right now. So, I'd say...keep her two favorite, and say, 4 of the a) most RARE and expensive of the bunch b) ones you just can't walk by without plugging tokens in. Try that, see if you can't "cull the herd" just a tad. She'll notice the difference if you can figure out 2 to go...then stall for time for the other 3....slowly, slowly, great things take time. And since I've already got HH on the way, my finders fee is cheaper than Tanks. :wink:
    Kelly
    Marine Carnival, Kiwame

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You can do what I'm trying to do.

Pick the one you think is a candidate for sale. Cull it from the herd and move it into an out of the way place, and have a trial separation period. You will either find that you think of it less and less, or you will begin to obsess about it. Adjust your plan accordingly and move on to the next machine. Whatever you do, don't get rid of a machine until you had a chance to run at least 10,000 tokens through it. Many of the machines take a while to figure out their personalty. As soon as I got my Magic Pulsar, I was ready to send my Aladdin-A packing. Now that I've played it a lot more, I really had to see it go, but it is the one in isolation right now. :-(

Whatever you decide to do, you will be much happier if you find a good home where you know it will be loved. :-)

I know from some other hobbies I've had that you will eventually reach a point where it is less traumatic, and you really just want to recover some of your investment and move on. Working in a pet shop for several years has left me with an attitude towards pets that gets me labeled as a heartless SOB once in a while :-(
    Chris W
    Mesa, AZ
    Spin-Luck , Dragon Dice , Super BlackJack, King Camel

Thanks
    Thanks Received

put the 5 in the smallest paper of your town and over price them a tad (remember the shipping cost, you got to recover). Than you say I am trying dear with flowers.

First I was going to ask how come she not on the list, but my wife would hurt me for saying it.

For sale To a Good Home Only.

5 of my loving children, will consider separating them up. They are home trained, low matainence, no schooling needed. Would never embarrass you in public. Quiet if left home on weekend trips. Call their crying father at 1-555-555-1212.

:wink:
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default retarded!!

Sorry no offence intended!!!! thought it might be a space thing or you were in need of a laugh. Please! never take me serious unless it preface my statements with: ( 'scuse me while i whip this thing out ) then duck on account i'm a pretty good shot inside of 3 ft. with my .30 SAA

Utopia1dc

Spooner-

If Oblivion was closer to Philly and/or Poconos, I would take at least 3 or 4 off your hands...but the shipping kills it. :cry: :cry:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i miss the children i sold :oops:

i even replaced one with the same model :lol:
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by cwstnsko
    You can do what I'm trying to do.

Pick the one you think is a candidate for sale. Cull it from the herd and move it into an out of the way place, and have a trial separation period. You will either find that you think of it less and less, or you will begin to obsess about it. Adjust your plan accordingly and move on to the next machine. Whatever you do, don't get rid of a machine until you had a chance to run at least 10,000 tokens through it. Many of the machines take a while to figure out their personalty. As soon as I got my Magic Pulsar, I was ready to send my Aladdin-A packing. Now that I've played it a lot more, I really had to see it go, but it is the one in isolation right now. :-(
    That's some good advice! Am going to remember that. :lol:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is the problem that all yu married cats come up with all the time. Hey your the MAN of the house ! So put your foot down and say they all stay ! Being single I don't have to put up with this type of garbage as I rule my domain...except for my dog and the more and more recent visits by my girlfriend and my homeowners association and and...ANYWAY BE A MAN and keep em all

As most of us can probably tell, Azlew must not be married. :lol:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry no offence intended!!!! thought it might be a space thing or you were in need of a laugh.
    Tank ... no offense taken! I was trying to tease you back but this written communication medium has the problem of no sarcasm conveyed. I laughed out loud at your suggestion, but my wife is a little smarter than I would like sometimes :wink:

Now to all the other suggestions, thanks! There are some great ideas, I believe I will try a combination of them all. The only one I know would not work is Azlew's "man of the house" idea. Even Tank's idea might work if I could find some extra cash laying around to pretend that I had sold a machine ... but probably not,

Thanks to everyone. I will let you all know how it goes. ~spooner

oh, by the way Utopia1dc, oblivion is way too far from philly and I agree, the shipping definitely kills it. I'm not going to pay that $59 - $79 thing ever again. (damn, I am already thinking of buying more machines!) ~spooner

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK, spooner. Where in the HELL do you live anyhow? I don't care where Oblvion is, where do YOU live??? C'mon, spit it out! :lol:

Utopia1dc

Yeah, I'm with slotter...Spill it Spooner! :-)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, I am a gamer so there is no way that I would spill it all at once. But I will start out by giving some hints ... by the way ... there are some members here who know my address so they need to keep quiet to make this any fun!

First hint, I do not live in California especially since pachislos are not legal in that state (I think)

Let's make it 30 questions. Next yes or no question?

~spooner

Utopia1dc

OK...I'll bite...Do you live in a state that borders Arizona?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK...I'll bite...Do you live in a state that borders Arizona?
    Yes! 28 left!

Utopia1dc

Nevada?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nevada?
    nope! 27 left!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast