Thread: Some technical en gameplay questions - CR Star Wars Advent Vader

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Some technical en gameplay questions - CR Star Wars Advent Vader

OK Guys, recently I got my first Pachinko, CR Fever Star Wars, Advent of Darth Vader. I like it very much, and at the moment I am trying to get to know the machine which is complicated because my Japanese is a bit rusty.

Perhaps someone could help me when I show the following pictures:

What does the big round white knob do? You can push it, you can turn it, but what is the function. Sometimes when I push it the colours on the side of the playfield change. And what is the function of the two small black buttons? What does the Japanese text above these buttons say?

What is the function of the digital number display? And what about the circle with the 15 and 2 in it and the little red lights above it?

There is a small button beneath the power button. I pushed it while the machine was powered, but nothing happens. What does it do?

What is the function of the digital number (which now is 7) and the little pushbutton beneath it?

What is the function of the pushbutton (SW1) on this picture?

On both the top left and top right side on the back of the Pachinko there are these black parts which I can move to the left or the right. Where are these parts for?

What is the function of this blank metal piece wuth the white plastic attached to it?

If anybody has any additional information about this Pachinko, technical and/or gameplay related, please don’t feel reluctant to share.
    Last edited by compirate; 01-27-2010 at 11:38 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default re: Some technical en gameplay questions - CR Star Wars Advent Vader

Quote Originally Posted by ckong View Post
    OK Guys, recently I got my first Pachinko, CR Fever Star Wars, Advent of Darth Vader. I like it very much, and at the moment I am trying to get to know the machine which is complicated because my Japanese is a bit rusty.

Perhaps someone could help me when I show the following pictures:

What does the big round white knob do? You can push it, you can turn it, but what is the function. Sometimes when I push it the colours on the side of the playfield change. And what is the function of the two small black buttons? What does the Japanese text above these buttons say?

The round knob is the chance button and in certain points in the game, you turn it to select your mission. The two black buttons are for the ball loan system. You will need a Daverob dongle to make these function. It is a credit system that would allow you to get balls at the machine in the game parlors. Your photos below are not on the web site?

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...o/CIMG2669.jpg

What is the function of the digital number display? And what about the circle with the 15 and 2 in it and the little red lights above it?

I'm not at my machine, but I believe your looking at the wing trigger. If a ball passes into the sensor, it may open the wing below the start pocket.

[url]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f307/ckong65/Star%20Wars%20Pachinko/CIMG2671.jpg[/IMG]

There is a small button beneath the power button. I pushed it while the machine was powered, but nothing happens. What does it do?

This is the machine reset button. If you want to do a reset, power up the machine holding down this button.

[url]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f307/ckong65/Star%20Wars%20Pachinko/CIMG2672.jpg[/IMG]

What is the function of the digital number (which now is 7) and the little pushbutton beneath it?

I think this is your error code display. It will give a number to indicate a problem with the game functions.

[url]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f307/ckong65/Star%20Wars%20Pachinko/CIMG2675.jpg[/IMG]

[url]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f307/ckong65/Star%20Wars%20Pachinko/CIMG2678.jpg[/IMG]

On both the top left and top right side on the back of the Pachinko there are these black parts which I can move to the left or the right. Where are these parts for?

Again, without the photo I'm guessing...These will remove the game cell to change your game out.

[url]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f307/ckong65/Star%20Wars%20Pachinko/CIMG2680.jpg[/IMG]

What is the function of this blank metal piece wuth the white plastic attached to it?

[url]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f307/ckong65/Star%20Wars%20Pachinko/CIMG2681.jpg[/IMG]

If anybody has any additional information about this Pachinko, technical and/or gameplay related, please don’t feel reluctant to share.
    Please try and repost your pictures for help!

3. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to millermaster1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the reply. I made an error when posting the pictures, but an admin corrected it for me. they now are in the first post. Thanks admin.

5. The following user says "Thanks" to ckong

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just a Moderator, but your welcome

This is the chance button, comes into play now and then differently in different games. It's actually a 5 way switch, the left/right and up/down can work separately, plus all at once. I'm not sure if the rotating part is used in this game, but in the Koda Kumi game, it's for selecting bonus music. Usually there will be an indication on the screen when and what you need to do. Pushing it at game startup cycles the lighting so you can check if an LED or light is out.

The other 2 buttons are for the Card Reader system. Not really needed for home play, a member here has developed a similar system that emulates the card reader. Highly recommended, many members here have them. One is labeled 'Card Return' and the other is 'Ball Loan'

The 15 and the 2 are indicators of the number of rounds in a bonus, I believe the red lights above that are indicators of the number of 'stocked' spins.

This is a reset button, will 'hard' reset the entire game. Power off, press and hold button, power on, wait a couple of seconds, then release button.

Error indicator. I believe '7' is 'out of balls'. The switch is a 'soft' reset of the frame memory (payouts stocked, errors). I think it can be pushed while the game is on to clear things.

That's the game memory clear switch. If you turn the game on sometime and it starts yelling at you in Japanese, pressing this button will make it shut up

Those are catches to unlock the payout section of the frame, for maintenance and for removing the game cell from the frame. There is a third down close to the power switch.

That is a ball cutoff, prevents the balls from going from the upper hopper to the payout section, in the event the payout section needs to be worked on. Should be flipped up and out of the way during normal play.
    Last edited by compirate; 01-27-2010 at 12:06 PM.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

7. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Some technical en gameplay questions - CR Star Wars Advent Vader

OK, I did the reset procedure. I held the reset button and powered the machine on. After a few seconds alli lights started flashing rapidly and I heard a nice female Japanese voice saying something, repeatingly. I released the reset button. The flashing went on, as did the japanese message. I then turned the machine off, and on again. The lights started flashing again, as did the repeating japanese message. I tried to turn the machine off and on again to get into the normal game mode, but always with the same result. How do I get the machine in operation mode again?

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

have you filled the top payout hopper with balls if not put about 300 ball sin there and the message should go away it sounds like an out of balls message
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to drcrippen324

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah, I had that happen when I reset my machine. Besides the reset button there are two other little black buttons in the back. If your looking at the back I touched the one on the far right (near the bottom).

Here's my link when I had this problem...

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/mode...ce-me-now.html

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to SphereJunkie

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by ckong View Post
    OK, I did the reset procedure. I held the reset button and powered the machine on. After a few seconds alli lights started flashing rapidly and I heard a nice female Japanese voice saying something, repeatingly. I released the reset button. The flashing went on, as did the japanese message. I then turned the machine off, and on again. The lights started flashing again, as did the repeating japanese message. I tried to turn the machine off and on again to get into the normal game mode, but always with the same result. How do I get the machine in operation mode again?
    Quote Originally Posted by compirate View Post

That's the game memory clear switch. If you turn the game on sometime and it starts yelling at you in Japanese, pressing this button will make it shut up

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks guys, the game is back in normal mode. I first pushed SW1 which did shut up the japanese lady and the LCD went normal again. Then there was a repeating 'ping' in several tones. Perhaps a warning saying that the hopper was empty. I filled it with about 50 balls(I only have a total of 100 baals which came with the machine, have to order some more at dragonfly) and the ping was gone. I still have the warning code 7, but I suppose that is because there are not enough balls in the top hopper.

Now I can play this great machine again. But to enjoy it fully, I better get those extra balls quickly.

16. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to ckong

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

yup alot of sankyos machienes have that warning tone so if some one resets some how in a parlour then it stands a chance of an attendant hearing it
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do