Thread: Spin Luck

Utopia1dc

Default Spin Luck

I haven't seen one up for auction in a while. Also, I have checked the main vendors and it seems that none of them have them on their web sites. A few of you have one, is it all that it's hyped up to be, or is it overrated because of the low supply? Before I buy one (if I ever see one available), I'd like to see some opinions/reviews on it. :-)

Because I'm so disappointed with my DDK, I don't want to go down that road again without doing my homework! :-)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't own, but the only negative thing I have heard about it is that the light on the "spin" wheel is somewhat dim.
    Firewire

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Spin Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Utopia1dc
    I'm so disappointed with my DDK, I don't want to go down that road again without doing my homework! :-)
    Just curious as to what you think is disappointing about the DDK?

Utopia1dc

evh-

It was hyped up and I was very excited when I won the auction. It just is boring, and the reels are horrible (cheesy looking). The actual case itself is also very plasticy (again cheesy looking), the sounds/music are less than desirable. I prefer my Azteca Legend and Aladdin over the DDK. The Wild Wolf (which has awesome backlit reels) and the Automatic (which I am slowly warming up to the longer I play) are gaining favor with me as well. I think I will unload my DDK in a couple months if it doesn't win me over. The best part of the DDK is the giggling and the top reels, but that is not enough for me. I hope I was able to shed some light on why I am disappointed in it. :-)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

everyone has their own likes or dislikes

i'm very happy with my don don king :lol: :lol: :lol:
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Utopia1dc

Lucky-

I understand everybody has different likes and dislikes...That's why I am trying to get as much info on Spin Luck as possible. I didn't do that with the DDK, I didn't research it enough. Had I known it was mostly plasticy in the front, I would have passed on it. It looks more like a toy (pink and purple) than a manly machine (chrome or brass). :-)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Utopia1dc
    evh-

It was hyped up and I was very excited when I won the auction. It just is boring, and the reels are horrible (cheesy looking). The actual case itself is also very plasticy (again cheesy looking), the sounds/music are less than desirable. I prefer my Azteca Legend and Aladdin over the DDK. The Wild Wolf (which has awesome backlit reels) and the Automatic (which I am slowly warming up to the longer I play) are gaining favor with me as well. I think I will unload my DDK in a couple months if it doesn't win me over. The best part of the DDK is the giggling and the top reels, but that is not enough for me. I hope I was able to shed some light on why I am disappointed in it. :-)
    I hear where you are coming from. You are more familiar with the models you mentioned than I am.

I think the light show is what sold my on the DDK, but had I known about the Giga Fever, I probably would've went with that instead. The other thing I liked about it was the 'wide' reels.

Since the MP arrival, that's my new favorite (until the DD arrives) and the wife actually enjoys the DDK more. Perhaps its the simplicity of it that attracts her to it. Perhaps its because 'eye shooting' comes easier on the DDK. I asked her to explain why she liked it better than the MP, but I got one of those, "I just do" answers.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The Spin Luck is gonna cost a lot more than your DDK and that is if you can even find one. Probably somewhere around $500? Maybe more?

I like my DDK, especially for the price. :lol: Just wish I'd paid the price American Syscom has going this week! :-?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Good Luck trying to find a SpinLuck especially at less than 500.00. Any SpinLuck at less than 500.00 will probably be grabbed up quickly by resellers.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

In my opinion Spin Luck and Dragon Dice are very even, if not a slight edge to Dragon Dice. Spin Luck gets all the hype because it looks like Wheel of Fortune, which is a fun U.S. slot. For the right price I'd grab a Spin Luck (if I didn't have one), but for hundreds less, get a Dragon Dice. The only other machine I've played that compares to these two for all around great play and fun is Beast Sapp.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you don't like a Spin Luck, you'll be the first I ever heard of that doesn't.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

:smt043 :smt043

Utopia1dc

If I decide to get one, I would not spend over $500, that's already a little more than I'd like to spend. But when my gameroom is finished, I'd like their to be at least one eye catcher...something that stands out superior to the rest of the machines I have. I hadn't thought about the Dragon Dice before (thanks for bringing that to my attention, ZCore), that might have to get some consideration. Thanks for your replies. I know at times I can be a tee wee bit anal about things...so thanks for putting up with my MONKish ways! :-)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I know this is going to get some responses but the best eye catching machine that I have (not that it is the best of all Pachislos) is Las Vegas. When I have them(my Pachislos) lined up...believe it or not that is the first one everyone goes to play. But ultimately it's SpinLuck that wins everyone over. Race Queen makes everyone mad at some point because of all the teasing it does, Babel is close to what people want in sounds and play, Las Vegas after awhile seems to sleep then all of a sudden something new comes up either a sound or light that we have never seen before. SpinLuck combines the best of everything but one thing it doesn't have is the video game screen with the nintendo controls... :lol:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Dragon Dice is VERY cool and is my second fav, but Harley/Spin Luck is still well above it. 8-)

But, even DD is hard to come by nowadays. If you find one, you better grab it.

Just my opinion. :lol:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You see, they are just shiny boxes with these rolling thingys inside , that talk and make noise with shiny lights that take your tokens or spit them out. MY favorite machine for playability and eye shooting winning is King Camel. But what do I know-----Spin Luck, Neo Planett, Exhaust, King Camel, Aladden, New Pegasus, Siomahal, Super Reno, Lucky Parade, terminator.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A dark horse that not a ton of monies, Is The Destroyer, this is a kick asz machine. Great sound and Led inter action. multicolor back lite reels. Very clean chrome look.

This machine can usealy be picked up in the $90 to $120 range.

IMHO
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Glad to know that Arby- I have seen them popping up on Ebay. The thing that really makes the great machine is getting them cheap when they first come out. But you have to buy a few and hold on to them for a few years while they increase in value and scarcity. The terminator, exhaust and a whole bunch of other will be $700 machines., maybe.

Utopia1dc

Destroyer looks very similar in style to Wild Wolf (Both made by Yamasa). I have Wild Wolf and I like it. Thanx Arby, I will see if I can scoop one up? :-)