Thread: Help in saving skill level

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Help in saving skill level

In attempting to set the skill level for my Pachislo Aladdin 777 slot machine, all goes well until I attempt to "save" the setting by holding down the spin lever for 5 seconds. As soon as I depress the spin lever, the skill level goes to "00". At this level, the machine never pays off. Turning the program key on to check the skill level, the "00" is again displayed.
    Am I doing something wrong...I am following the directions that came with the machine. Any help would be appreciated.

Tom Powell
    Pasadena, MD

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Help in saving skill level

Welcome to PachiTalk Tom!!

Do you get the numbers 1 to 6 displaying when you are setting the skill level??

Hopefully someone will be able to confirm the correct skill setting procedure for that model / manufacturer

In the meantime, and particularly if you are new to Pachislos, you may find this link helpful, it will take you to the Pachislo FAQs section of our Research Centre

PachiTalk Research Center - FAQ - Pachislo - PachiTalk

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sounds like you've done everything right. 00 is your token count, and should go up as you insert more tokens. Pachislo's don't pay out unless token count is above 50. If you want a payout with every win, you'll have to keep the token count at 50 by initially starting with 50 credits and putting in 3 tokens after every spin.
    Gotta catch 'em all Pa-chink-o

4. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Ikaria

Thanks
    Thanks Received

your doing everything right. It changed to 00 to let you know its locked in. to confirm this, turn the key again. What ever skill level you set previously should show up on the display.
    Chris Dice
    Yo 11 any 7

Thanks
    Thanks Received

BTW,

Gotta catch 'em all Pa-chink-o

Thanks
    Thanks Received

8. The following user says "Thanks" to pinball wizard

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK, here is where I'm at. I tried a new "lock in" proceedure that said to set your skill level, hold the spin lever and bet/play buttons together for 10 seconds. This I did and still got the same results..."00" on the skill window. Machine will not pay off. Another post said that the "00" window is telling me the number of credits I have. Unless I have at least 50 or more the machine will not pay off. To get more credits, add more metal coins to reach the 50 number. However, I cannot add more that three at a time with out playing...any more just fall through to the collection tray.

I'm at a loss...any help?

Tom powell

Thanks
    Thanks Received

its not set for credit, press the red button that is in line with the spin knob and buttons again to take credits
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Typically, you can add up to 50 tokens, anything after that will drop down into the coin tray and any winnings will also drop if you are at the max of 50 credits.

Sometimes, it takes several attempts at changing the settings if you are not doing it in a very specific manner.

PachiTalk Research Center - FAQ - Pachislo - How To Set the Skill Levels of Your Pachislo - PachiTalk

If it still doesn't work for you, be patient... we have many very helpful members that will give you other ideas to try.
    Dawn

12. The following user says "Thanks" to dattia

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't think there is any issue here. Even though your machine might be set on skill level 6 it could still be real stingy at times. Just keep playing, it will start to pay off. These games are made to make money.
    Chris Dice
    Yo 11 any 7

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Chrisdice

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisdice View Post
    your doing everything right. It changed to 00 to let you know its locked in. to confirm this, turn the key again. What ever skill level you set previously should show up on the display.
    When I turn the key again to confirm the skill lever, "00" showes in the window. If I turn everything off and then back on, the machine appears to reset the skill level to a default of "03". When I attempt to reset to some other level -1--6, and recheck the window, it always reads "00". Is there another way to confirm the skill setting that I'm unaware of? In over 35 to 40 plays of late the machine has not payed off once, but will keep attempting to over come this. Unable to get any credits to pile up. Thanks again for the responce.
    TomP

Thanks
    Thanks Received

These machines are notorious for running hot and cold. Your skill setting will not be visible during regular game play. It is not uncommon for these machines to have a dry spell and then start paying off like crazy. I have one machine that I just stopped playing because it would never pay off for me... but it did for others. I'm a little stubborn that way

At this point, if you have set the machine to a certain skill level, I would assume that you have done so correctly. I probably wouldn't worry about the skill level and just start playing the game. Have you loaded 50 tokens in at one time yet? Have you tried hitting the credit button as Luckydog suggested?

I don't have this machine, but someone here must have it. Perhaps they can give you suggestions on gameplay. As you know, these machines come with very little information and most of the info that we have gathered here is from user input.

Hang in there, keep playing... it will start to pay off. Good luck!
    Dawn

17. The following user says "Thanks" to dattia

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK, Maybe the 50 token thing is the clue. How do I increase the token count? Right now I'm not able to go past 3, or the 4th one goes back in the discharge bucket. I then have to spin.

What is the trick to adding to the token count?

Thanks.
    Tom P

Thanks
    Thanks Received

From the research center:

Q: How come my pachislo will only hold three tokens?

A: There is a button on your machine that looks like it does nothing. If you push this button when you have credits built up it will spit out all of your credits into the token tray. This button also turns on and off the credit feature that allows you to store up to 50 credits, or to make you insert tokens each round and have all payouts spit out into the token tray.
    Dawn

20. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to dattia

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Posting on behalf of Tom P

First, to the many who took the time to assist me in my skill saving problem, many thanks.
    The 50 credits did the trick. By holding in the red "Play" button on the right side of the machine I was able to load in 50 credits. After that the machine started to pay off. I could use some of the credits by pressing the "bet" button and could repleanish back to 50.
    Now, another questiom if I might...on the left hand inside bottom I have three SW's. One a spring loaded toggle that dumps the tokens to the outside tray for as long as you hold it down. Just above the toggle SW is a black rocker and to its right a red lighted rocker SW. Both must be in the on position for the machine to come on. Turning either one off and the machine goes dark...what are the functions of these two SW's? Why two and does each control a specific part of the machine?

Thanks again for the helpful comments.
    Tom P
    Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I had a similar problem with my gamera machine. I would get the machine into idle mode and set the skill. When I would save the skill by holding down the spin knob, the skill would reset to 0. then I would turn it on and back off into idle mode to see if the skill level saved and it still said 0. what I did is I got it into idle mode set the skill to 5 and then instead of holding down the spin knob, i just tuned the idle switch back up and turned the machine on. when I went to check, the skill was saved. so who knows maybe it will work for you. instead of holding down the knob, just set the skill and turn the reset button off, then turn you machine off, then on. Hope it helps
    Also i should add when it went to 0, it was not on the outside screen the 0 would display on the inside skill counter.

23. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to joepa