Thread: WANTED - unpaid proof readers for new pachi site content

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default WANTED - unpaid proof readers for new pachi site content

Hi all,

Re: another thread on this site, I have decided to go ahead and begin a new not-for-profit pachinko site. It is NOTHING like Pachi Talk, so those of you who love and adore this site day after day have nothing to fear but gaining knowledge in a completely different way! These forums here are still king, this site membership is still unequalled, and the resources found here at PachiTalk are second to none.
    Basically, we won't be in 'competition', if there ever was/is one? Nuff said???

Ok, that out of the way, I have a large amount of content that I've written and I'd like someone who is keen, and who has a spare half an hour, to look over the pages and see if they can find some errors. Grammatical, technical, reference checking or just plain stylistically, I'd be happy to have some criticism of the stuff that *I* currently think is important to go up there. I'd welcome feedback and all corrections or additional info too.

If you fit that job description ( ) please PM me only, and I'll forward you a page to look over and see what you think. You can have as many or few of the pages if you wish to, if you have the time? Just let me know how much you want.

I'd rather do this up front, than post it all up online first and then deal with 20 complaint emails about how I got it so wrong.

thanks all

jon
    There is always another machine around the corner...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: WANTED - unpaid proof readers for new pachi site content

Like everyone else I am all for having more and more information to promote our hobby, and definitely don't see this as competition not meaning to put down your site or others PachiTalk is more then just a Pachi Site as most users see we are a hang out, where we have the hobby that unites us and our friendships that keep us together, a man cannot live by pachis alone.

though I do think you laid it on a little thick with the intro but thats just me.

I do believe though that this is an awkward situation, by this i mean you are on a website which promotes hobby A you make a plea to the users of this website to assist you in making your website B?

??? Can you see the awkwardness im feeling now?

An analogy that could be used is you have a shop you have some one come in enjoy the shop and then proceed to setup a stand in the middle of that shop and hand out flyers about another shop that is opening thats doing the same thing? its awkward plain and simple, i dont see it being done in a real world instance,

dont get me wrong I encourage you to do what you want to do its a great idea but i just dont know if your going about it the right way with these posts...

just my 2 euro cents

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

3. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Sid

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    Like everyone else I am all for having more and more information to promote our hobby, and definitely don't see this as competition not meaning to put down your site or others PachiTalk is more then just a Pachi Site as most users see we are a hang out, where we have the hobby that unites us and our friendships that keep us together, a man cannot live by pachis alone...posts...

<snip>

just my 2 euro cents
    Hey Sid - it's your site man, so you get the final say.

I'll contact you by PM so I can explain this site is *nothing* like your's and only seeks to add specific info about certain machines. It has no forum, and is not commercial in any way, and is not a competitor - its an adjunct to what you already have.

thx
    There is always another machine around the corner...

5. The following user says "Thanks" to candyflip

Sid

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

hey sid dont worry i could always offer to proof read for them
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

7. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to drcrippen324