Thread: Some help with my new Cell

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question Some help with my new Cell

Ok, I bought a Ping Pong Club off one of the many links Compirate listed. Did all my research on it, frame matches the frame for the Dawn of the Fantasy, which I have. Pinball Dave's site shows they share the same frame, and the pictures on the official Sansei R&D site match up to the frame I have.

I get the cell this week. Pull out Dawn of the Fantasy... put this one in. Snaps in fine. Go to snap the hopper frame back on... snug fit and have to force it a bit... but still fine. Go to re-attach the 6 cables, no good. They are labeled 1-6. 5 and 6 fit fine, 4 is a bit to large for the plug so I figure it is just warped. Cable 3 has 6 leads... plug 3 has 7. And 1 and 2 seem reversed. Is something missing? Is there a special frame just for this cell? I can take pictures tonight... but just wanted to see if anyone has anymore experience with the frame to make sure I am not missing something. I just don't understand how almost everything fits... I would expect nothing to fit or all to fit.

Thanks
    ~Dave Cutie Honey Giant 7 Indy Neo Powerful Galaxy Rail Vicky Cindy Boy Janken Battle Jackie Chan Eva 2 & 3 Horror Mansion Cpt Herlock Yukemuri Kikou Yoon Sona Yellow Cab

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Some help with my new Cell

the cell may require some different boards in the back for that swap.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I agree with LD...I just did a cell swap on a Victory frame and you also had to swap the control board! Daverob had this info for me, you may want to send out a PM.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    the cell may require some different boards in the back for that swap.

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

There's a couple years difference between games and it seems they made some changes. The same thing happens with the Lumina and the Lumina GT. The cells fit, but the wiring for the frame lights is different - Lumina has incandescent lights at the top, Lumina GT has RGB LEDs. And Crystella games will fit the Eva 4 and 5 frames and vis versa, but they won't work properly.

To everyone for future reference, if you aren't 100% sure know for a fact it's gonna work, have Kia either contact the seller or the manufacturer to find out if it will work. He will gladly do this.

I've got a Lumina GT game (Patrush) that I'd love to play, but I gotta wait till I can get the proper frame.

Shoot us some pics, I could be wrong.

Good luck!
    But that board was part of the game you put in. They don't normally send them without them all. One of the easier ways to check is do the boards these plugs plug into have seals on them? There should be 4-5 to an end, look like little plastic drums on posts with covered security screws inside. Those type of boards normally go with the game, not the frame.
    Last edited by compirate; 07-01-2009 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

5. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The gamelists on my site are dependent on the information I can find about the machines and frames from manufacturers press releases, technical manuals, and websites and also dealer price lists and other pachinko review sites. Of these the price lists usually show when a compatibility change is made in a particular frame style (as the game where the change occurs will not be listed as being available as a cell swap). I've just reviewed the sources I used to compile the list for this frame and I still can't see any indication of different frame versions.

I think that compirate gave the best advice, when buying cells always check with the seller that it will be compatible with the frame you intend to use it in.

7. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok... I will post up the pictures that I took tonight... the bottom board has the security screws and the top board had tape seals on it. So it looks like those are the correct boards for the cell. I am out for the day... so it makes it hard to get stuff done... so sorry I am slow on this.

I guess next time I use Kia and not do it myself with my normal proxy company (Rinkya). I think I am just spoiled with the Lumina frames and figured everything was as easy.

Thanks again guys... I will try to get the pictures up tonight... and if those don't help.. looks like I need to start looking for a newer Saisei Frame
    ~Dave Cutie Honey Giant 7 Indy Neo Powerful Galaxy Rail Vicky Cindy Boy Janken Battle Jackie Chan Eva 2 & 3 Horror Mansion Cpt Herlock Yukemuri Kikou Yoon Sona Yellow Cab

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to dhcloud

Winnipeg Pachinko Correspondent dishpan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't know which model cell you purchased but I once got caught by inadvertently buying a cash version of a cell. There were similar connector issues when I tried to put it into a CR version frame.
    If you haven't grown up by age 50 ... you don't have to!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The version I have says CR on in. Model MH.

Here are a few pictures of the back of the cell... then a few of the Dawn of the Fantasy Cell for comparison on what fits the frame. The first 5 are of the Ping Pong Cell.. the last 3 are of Dawn of the Fantasy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to dhcloud