Thread: Knob shooting problem with solution

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Knob shooting problem (with solution)

Hi everyone, I purchased a Blade The Movie pachinko from Hiro, and the knob had a problem. After dissembling it, I found what was the problem and solved it, but as a member said, it could be good for other users to see a ticket about it even if I solve it myself. Maybe some users will find a solution for their own pachinko knob problem.

So here is what I found, in the hope that it may help some of you. I will close this ticket in some days. after I add some pics.

If you have a pachinko with the knob not shooting, or as myself, the knob was shooting continuously without turning it, or even an erratic knob which shoot, stop, restart shooting and so on, read ahead because what I found can be the cause of many different shooting problem.

My problem was this one: as soon as I touched the rotating silver ring of the knob, the shooting start, I didn't need to turn it at all. At first I thought a resistor or something in the knob was dead. I dissembling it, and found some money in it. I thought it was the money which cause problem, but after reassembling it, problem still there.

Dissembling it again, and after playing with the knob, checking carefully how it work, I found the problem.

On every knob there's a button that you can push during play, to momentary stop the shooting, while keeping the same silver ring rotation (shooting strength). I'm pretty sure that what follow applied to many, probably even any pachinko, so read ahead.

If you dissemble the knob and look carefully at how it work, you will find that when the silver rotary ring is at rest position, the silver rotary ring push the button in some way, so this prevent the knob to shoot as soon as you touch the knob without turning the silver ring a bit. When you turn the silver ring slightly, the button is no longer engaged and the shooting start. How the silver ring activate the button is probably machine/company dependent. There's many way to achieve that, on my Blade pachinko there's two ways together on the same knob, so it will be up to you to understand carefully your own pachinko knob.

Ok, so my problem was that the pachinko was shooting as soon as I touched the silver ring. but it could have been a no shooting at all too, read ahead. What happened on my machine is that the silver ring was not pressing the button when at rest position, the button was always depressed, so if I was touching the silver ring, the machine shoot immediately. but...

my problem could have been the opposite. Imagine a moment that even while turning the silver ring to control the strenght, the silver ring don't release the button at all. Knob not working, shooting not happening! Maybe it's the same problem for your machine... or ...

imagine that the silver ring for an unknown reason, maybe loose a bit, overused or damaged by some money used to lock the knob, don't constantly release the button when turned, making the shooting erratic, at one moment shooting (because the button is released), at the other moment not shooting (button pressed).

In the following post I will add some pics to show you the contact point where the silver ring of my knob press the button, but remember, each machine is probably different, It's the first knob I dissemble so I don't know. But you will have to figure out how your pachinko knob work.

2. The following 11 users say "Thanks" to TilionMtl

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Knob shooting problem (with solution)

Ok here is some animated pic which I hope will help you to understand.

First, here is a picture of the silver ring pushing the button, you will be able to see that the button is push when the silver ring is at rest position, and the button is released when the silvering ring is rotated:

knob_anim1.gif

Let see how the switch is push and released internally, you can see that the black lever push the orange button on the switch to stop the shooting. When the orange button of the switch is released, the shooting start again:

knob_anim2.gif

In my previous post, I said that there was too method to activate/deactivate the switch. First, as seen in the first pic, the button outside is pressed by the corner of the silver ring. The second method is in the knob. There's an extruded part on the silver ring which push on the base of the lever when at rest position, this lever push the orange button switch and prevent the shooting. When the silver ring is rotated, the extruded part move away and release the base of the lever, releasing the switch at the same time and allowing to shoot. Here is a drawing of the internal mechanism. I've not been able to use real picture because silver part was too shiny and we would not be able to see what's happen there:

knob_anim3.gif

So in my pachinko knob, the switch was always in released position, allowing constant shooting. As soon as I was touching the silver ring, the shooting start. If you have the "shooting not working" problem, maybe the switch is never released, preventing the shooting. It would be like holding the button pressed constantly. Try to verify if the button on the switch go in and out, you can hear a little click from the switch when the button is pressed/released.

I solved my problem easily, maybe the plastic of the lever is damaged, used, bent, I'm not sure. So I glued a little piece of plastic on the extruded part of the silver ring, so this extruded part is now ticker, and push the base of the lever as it supposed to be.

Your solution will depend of your problem (constant shooting, not shooting), and of course the problem must be due to the internal switch being constantly pressed or released.

I hope that what I found may help someone someday, I really think that the knob of our pachinkos got some hard time in parlors and the plastic in the knob holding the switch, the silver ring, the lever are worn after some time.

If you have any question or comment, feel free to message me
    Last edited by TilionMtl; 06-23-2009 at 07:05 AM.

4. The following 17 users say "Thanks" to TilionMtl

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Knob shooting problem (with solution)

Great Animations...Thanks!
    Youngjedi

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Youngjedi