I know this is sort of a repeat post, but I can't find a really great answer by searching.

There are so many potentiometers out there, but I only have one thing that REALLY works well - unfortunately, they're $11 each plus shipping.

First, I tried 10K-ohm 250W DC pots from radio shack. On my "EXHAUST" pachislo, they seemed to work OK, but not great. On my "Devil May Cry" Pachislo, they work terribly, going from quiet to loud with a mm turn. I ordered a Pachinko from slot-pachinko and they installed their "Alpha Carbon" volume control and it works GREAT.

My question is this...I need to add volume control to my new machine, and I need to change it on the Devil May Cry. What have you guys found to work well? Do I just need to buy 4 Alpha's? Is there something less $$$$ I can get that will work well?

Also, slot-pachinko used these great little clip on wire unions, where I had soldered my wires. The crimps look like they take a second or two to install, and seem to work great. They look clean too. Does anyone know what they are called? They look like little round buttons that both wires go in, then you squeeze them with a pair of pliars.

Thanks!