Thread: Marvel Heroes: Just got it and looking for answers.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Marvel Heroes: Just got it and looking for answers.

Hey All, I just received my first pachislo and I've managed to figure a few things out (how to change the odds, change the volume).

There are a couple of things I found on the machine that I don't know what they are. There are 2 dip switches to the right of the skill select button inside the door. (See Picture) Anyone know what they do?

There is also a strange clip that is inside the door near the top hinge. (See picture) Anyone know what that is?

I have also heard a few people mention switches in different pichislo machines that can be set to have the machine payout tokens on every win, and also so the machine has to be reset after a jackpot hit. Does anyone know if Marvel Heroes has these setting and where they are. The machine doesn't seem to pay out often...so a few tokens hitting the tray might be a good thing.

It also seems that this machine is max bet only (no 1 or 2 token bets). Why do they make machines like this? It seems strange to put a button on a machine so you can actually pop on 1 or 2 credits...but it won't let you spin until you punch up 3??? Is this really the way the play these in Japan...I can't imagine anyone playing for any amount of time...I mean it cost 3 tokens just for one spin, and even if you do hit something it's usually only 2 (your still 1 in the hole) or 5...15 tops unless it's a jackpot. It looks like if you play 3 coins...the payoffs should automatically be tripled.

What skill setting do most people have them set on...I hit a big jackpot on 6, but I heard you got more smaller hits if you have it set on 3 or 4. 4 sounds good to me (the looser side of halfway).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Marvel Heroes: Just got it and looking for answers.

Maybe the clip has been put in there to keep your sandwich's fresh.

I don't know about the switches. It's usually best not to mess with them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to monkeyboy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
    Maybe the clip has been put in there to keep your sandwich's fresh.

I don't know about the switches. It's usually best not to mess with them.

I was looking around the machine and noticed another one of those clips (for IDE cables I guess) It just seemed odd being there without anything going to it.

I called the 1-800 that came with my machine and the tech said he didn't know what the dip switches were for either.

I also e-mailed the seller and asked why the machine was max 3 bet only instead of the 1,2, or 3 bet that he told me it was. He said he called the tech and he said it should be 1, 2, or 3. He told me to call the tech tomorrow and talk to him. The good news is that when I called today the tech had one of that model right there so we could easily point things out to each other. Though I'm assuming that the 1,2, or 3 bet is just a misunderstanding.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello, I'm not familiar with that model pachislo, but believe all the modern ones are 3 token only bet

Out of my Pachislos, I'm pretty sure only the first one is a 1, 2 or 3 bet machine, and that is an old Don Chan 2 from about 2001

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

6. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the clips may have been for hookup to the palour computer system.

they left the 1 bet 2 bet buttons on a lot of machines because it was cheaper than designing a new case for each model.

3 token bet covers all the lines on the reels, if you could bet 1 token it would only cover wins on the center line.

if you want the machine to pay out each win, just put in 50 tokens, them add 3 every spin.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

8. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

After looking at the picture from another post and the Japanese writing next to my 2 mystery dip switches...I see they are for the "pay out all tokens after a bonus" and "require reset after finishing bonus".

I misunderstood what the payout option was...I thought it meant that it payed out tokens after every win...and not just after bonuses.

That takes care of all of my mystery buttons, switches, and clips in the machine...now if I only knew how much noise everyone elses pachislo reels made. I never even noticed the noise, until after I played an hour or so...now the vibration / noise in mine seems very distracting to me. It might be a normal level...I tried to adjust the plastic reel support already with no sussess. I'll probably leave well enough alone, get used to it...and tell myself thay are all that way.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think they are all that way. The reels do sound loud when the machine is installed in a quite home. If you were in a noisy parlour you probably wouldn't even hear the reels.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Marvel Heroes and almost all the newer pachislos are only 3 coin max bet, but some like DMC3 are 2 - 3 coin bet.
    Machines I own: ...see my profile

12. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to outdoorenth

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Another question I have about this machine or most any pachislo. Do they usually have any options besides skill level? I saw someone post about a Tekken machine that had an options setup menu...that got me wondering about my Marvel Heroes machine.

It just seems that there should be options for sounds during attract mode and things like that. I was actually wondering the same thing about my Dai Yamato 2 pachinko. It seems so odd having games as complex as pachislo and pachinko machines...and no advanced options. I'm used to US pinball and arcade games where they usually have many types of setup options.

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

they were designed to make money in palours. not as gaming systems.

all adjustments on pachinko were made by tweaking the nail pattern.

and most pachislos would be set on level 1. unless the palour wanted to set a few higher so some people would win to get other players to keep playing.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

15. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

some of my machines have an advanced setup menu.. gives all kinds of info that i cant read. but out of the few newer machines i have gotten do not have these options available. i wish they would have a menu system like a pinball. hundreds of options available. but pinball machines dont spit out coins like a pachislo.

how do you like marvel? i have not seen a whole lot about that model yet.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by djcasper_bpm View Post
    how do you like marvel? i have not seen a whole lot about that model yet.
    I like it...I just wish I understood it better. When a cut scene pops up, it's nice and fun to watch...but for the most part I don't know what the machine is wanting me to try to hit. I like the blend of the "realistic" looking character art mixed with the childish "super deformed" characters.

My biggest complaints are...no music / sound effects while the reels are spinning. All I hear is the reel vibration.

I wish I could turn on attract mode sounds.

I was wanting a 1, 2, or 3 bet machine, but mine is 3 bet only. Don't get me wrong...I would probably always play "max bet"...but if the machine was originally designed to be 1, 2, or 3...I want it to play 1, 2, or 3.

The person I bought it from is a middleman / reseller and he told me it was a 1, 2, or 3. He just sent me an e-mail saying that he got in contact with the warehouse that they are shipped from and they are looking for an older model that is supposed to be 1, 2, or 3. I'll keep you posted on that one...as everyone I have talked to has said they are 3 bet only.
    I just thought of another smaller complaint. When you hit a winning line...the winning line isn't highlighted. So...it's like you know you hit because of the sound effects...but you have to look to see which one is the winning line.
    Last edited by DugFreez; 05-27-2009 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

18. The following user says "Thanks" to DugFreez

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well folks i just came back yesterday night from Lost Wages (Las Vegas) where now they have adopted the CR format on their slots ( Yes ,Built-In Card Readers ) and i have some videos of the Marvel Comic Heros to answer some outstanding questions .

YouTube - Marvel Heros 001

YouTube - Marvel Heros 002

YouTube - marvel heros 2 001
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

20. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

mu mu world has great sound during gameplay. birds, ocean and a semi-annoying humm in the space mode. tha t machine has great sound. rita at blue hotaru has a good deal goin on that machine.

they only machine i have that is 1 2 or 3 coin bet is thunder VII. but i always play the 3 coin. oh my vegas machines are a 1 2 or 3 coin and a 1 and 2 coin. i always bet max on those as well.. my luck if i dont. the jackpot will hit on the nonpay line

22. The following user says "Thanks" to djcasper_bpm

Sandwich Shooter ironworkerdalton's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

When you are playing it. When you see a hero run acros the bottom of the screen, move the joystick around. You have to move it befor he gets 3/4 of the way acros. If you time it just right, and lucky, they will give you stuff.
    How many other slots do this? I own a Tekken, and some times see things run from one side to the other, If I move the joystick, will any thing happen?

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by DugFreez View Post
    I'm used to US pinball and arcade games where they usually have many types of setup options.
    Its probably best for parlors to not have bunches of stuff/settings to have to learn every time they get a hundred new machines, especially since they may be gone in a few short months..and then the land fill doesn't have much use for advanced setup options either!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

25. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss