Thread: Dai Yamato 2 specific questions.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Dai Yamato 2 specific questions.

I just got my Dai Yamato 2 working and since my only other pachinko machine is from 93 you can imagine there are some differences.

The questions I have are pretty game specific and I hope some other owners of this machine can help me out.

There is a through on the left side of the screen...when a ball goes through it the round lights on the right side of the "FEVER HATCH?" flash...almost like a count down. As more balls go through the though while the "count down flashing" is going on...the lights to the left of the "FEVER HATCH" keep count of how many balls have gone through the through (up to 4 balls).

I don't understand what this accomplishes? I have read that hitting a through usually makes the 2 digit display do a roulette and if 77 is hit it opens the "flaps" to the hole below the start pocket. I have had the flaps open for me...but there seems to be little rhyme or reason as to when or why they open. I have also seen digits on my 2 digit display (during after hitting a fever) but the rest of the time it is just 2 dashes...the dashes flash when the "slot wheels" are spinning on the screen...but no numbers flashing like roulette spin or anything.

Another quick question...is the hole under and to the left of the through a through itself...or just a normal hole for the balls to travel through?

Any help would be much appreciated. I'm trying to make sure this machine is working as it should ASAP. I have already contacted the seller about other issues I had with it...and I want to make sure it's working before I give him the thumbs up and let him off the hook.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Dai Yamato 2 specific questions.

Getting a ball thought the through just gets you a chance at the "flaps: to open around the start pocket..you can stock up to 4 of those...it sounds like yours is working right...on some machines it opens pretty randomly and some it opens with every time.. did that make any sense??

The thing under and to the left of the pass through in pic 1 looks like a pocket...does it payout if you put a ball in it??

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by MrGneiss View Post
    The thing under and to the left of the pass through in pic 1 looks like a pocket...does it payout if you put a ball in it??
    It's not a pocket. The ball goes straight through it (like a through) without any payout. It doesn't seem to have any effect of anything...but I might be mistaken.

What you said about the through being a chance to open the flaps makes sense. As I said the round lights on the right of the flap flash back and forth...almost like a spin attempt. It must have some crap odds because I can't get it to open the flaps at all. The problem I have is...isn't that what the 2 digit display is for...to show what is being "spun"?

If the 2 digit display isn't related to the through and flaps...what's it for? Why does it just display dashes (dashes that flash when the main screen is spinning)?

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Some machines might have pockets that don't do anything, just for looks/symmetry...but I don't have this machine so hopefully someone with one can say for sure!!

It is a subroulette..but it is usually represented by an X and an O flashing back and forth...on some it Always wins and some it rarely does..

I believe the 2 digit display shows what kind of fever you're in...others may know more, but I don't think its of much use for home play!?

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

5. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You can stock up to four roulettes...as shown in picture two on the left. Also, on the right, the top circle next to the gate looks like an o and the bottom one looks like an x (Sorry, it's a little blurry). When a ball goes through, those will flash back and forth, if it stop on the upper one ("o") nothing will happen, if it stops on the lower one ("x"), the flippers will open for a split second. One way to check this is to pass a ball manually through the roulette "GO' path and listen and watch. if the fippers open, you should hear it. It's hard to hear it when actually playing.
    Youngjedi

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Youngjedi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Youngjedi View Post
    You can stock up to four roulettes...as shown in picture two on the left. Also, on the right, the top circle next to the gate looks like an o and the bottom one looks like an x (Sorry, it's a little blurry). When a ball goes through, those will flash back and forth, if it stop on the upper one ("o") nothing will happen, if it stops on the lower one ("x"), the flippers will open for a split second. One way to check this is to pass a ball manually through the roulette "GO' path and listen and watch. if the fippers open, you should hear it. It's hard to hear it when actually playing.
    If anything it is just the opposite. It always, and I mean 99.9% of the time stops on the bottom one...and the flaps don't open.

The weird thing is when I got the game yesterday and finally got it working. The flaps were opening like crazy (every 10 secs or so)...I didn't really understand why so I wasn't paying any attention to the circle lights. I hit a fever on about my 8th spin. I think that when I hit the Fever there was a small triangle that is in the middle and to the right of the circles...I'm pretty sure it was lit yellow.

Since then I have seen the flaps open maybe 2 times. Since seeing that the through had something to do with the flaps and circle lights...I have manually fed the through over 100 times with no flap openings. I was wanting to see if the top circle meant "flap open" but I can't even test that because it won't hit.

It almost like when I first powered on the machine it was in super easy / loose mode (flaps opening like crazy and a fever after only a few spins) now it seems like it's on lock down mode (no flap action at all).

The 2 digit display still has me wondering too.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

you may have been in a chance mode which usually is for the next 100 balls going thru the center pocket or in a timed mode.

a lot of machines have this feature and its usually after fever rounds.
    your odds of hitting another fever are better as you have found out
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

10. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

After a fever your in a lucky chance mode. flaps opening like crazy and you chances of hitting another fever are only like 10 to 1 now. Once a 100 spins or so are finished the games returns to standard play and you might never see the flap open. And when it does its so quick you might not see it.
    Chris Dice
    Yo 11 any 7

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Chrisdice

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    you may have been in a chance mode which usually is for the next 100 balls going thru the center pocket or in a timed mode.

a lot of machines have this feature and its usually after fever rounds.
    your odds of hitting another fever are better as you have found out
    Thanks. I think you might have something there. It hit a reach...then went into a cut scene and the chance button lit up. I pressed it and then it stopped the reel and it matched the other 2. Chaos ensues . So maybe it was all flap-happy because it was in some alternate mode.

So the best way to think of the through / flap chance is just a semi random (don't count on it) feature.

At this point I'm just trying trying to understand as much as I can and make sure everything is working.

Still no word from anyone that actually has this machine?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by DugFreez View Post
    If anything it is just the opposite. It always, and I mean 99.9% of the time stops on the bottom one...and the flaps don't open.

T.
    Sorry, I may have had the "x" and "o" backwards.
    Youngjedi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just wanted to add to this thread in case someone else has a Dai Yamato 2 and wants some of these answered.

At the bottom of the machine near the flap that opens during fever mode, there are the 2 round lights on the right side that flash after a ball goes into the through of the left of the playfield. If the flashing ends with the top one lit...the flaps near the start hold open for a split second. If the flashing lights end with the bottom one lit, the flaps stay closed. Most of the time it ends with the bottom one and the flaps staying closed.

After a fever round, an amber triangle that is just to the right of the flashing circles lights up. This means that every ball that goes into the through will open the flaps near the start hole. It is some kind of post fever bonus.

I figured this out after going on a 4 in a row fever run. I now feel like I have a pretty good grip on how this machine works...except for the 2 digit display. I know it show a code when you hit a fever...but if all of the fevers look the same why does it have a different code?

16. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to DugFreez

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by DugFreez View Post
    I know it show a code when you hit a fever...but if all of the fevers look the same why does it have a different code?
    It depends what you win with. You have 8 characters x 5 possible win lines + on some you can win with a double diagonal or all 3 horizontal lines. My math sux, but that's a lot of combinations. Plus there could be codes based on what was won just before (red or blue bonus), or if the bonus was won during a chance time. I would assume it's a checksum to see if people/parlor is cheating.

That triangle is probably an indication of a chance time.

On some machines, there's an 'X' and an 'O', just learned from Jlist that "a circle (maru) always means "yes" or "correct" while an X (batsu) is always "no" or "wrong" so an 'O' gets you a tulip opening, an 'X' does not.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

18. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to compirate