Thread: Help me find a good model for a Piggy Bank

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Help me find a good model for a Piggy Bank

I just un-converted all of my better Pachislos so that they don't take quarters any more. The good ones are just too much fun to use as piggy banks :-) I'd like to keep one machine set-up for quarters that I can drop my pocket change into every night (and maybe another for nickels, can never have too many machines)

Here's some of the things I'm looking for in a machine

Needed:
    1,2 or 3 bet machine (to play whatever # of coins are in my pocket)
    Visible play lines and indicators on the side of the reels that show which lines are active
    Switchable between credit and coin-in/coin-out
    Coin mechanism that converts easily to quarters (all of them that I've seen so far are easy.)
    Decent sound and lights
    Type A or similar with Big Bonus payouts in the 350-450 range

Nice to have:
    Bonus Round total coin count
    Back-lit reels
    A basic 4th reel or LED that adds a little to the game
    Numerical bonus round display rather than the long line of LEDs
    I'd prefer rather generic theme and reel graphics, in case I decide to do custom belly and/or top glass (very Japanese look to the glass is OK)

The closest machine I've seen myself is Versus (Universal, 1999ish)

Can you guys help me home in on a few good candidates?

Thanks
    Chris W
    Mesa, AZ
    Spin-Luck , Dragon Dice , Super BlackJack, King Camel

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I suggest an olympia model. I used a Race Queen for a very long time on just quarters. Actually filled it up enought two different times to buy two machines. Its 1,2,or 3 bet. Its not an overly large machine, and the payout possibilites are endless. It can pay out alot or a little. Its a great machine, not to mention the sounds and the ORT mode! Great machine! If you dont want a racing theme, I suggest taking a look around pachinkomuseum at the other olympia machines. I enjoy their machines, alot of fun.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There you go again Davis reminding me that it is time to rotate Race Queen into play here :!:

You are right it is a great machine :smt023

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My new Manbou machine is an Olympia (2003 model), so far I'm impressed with their stuff. The Race Queen is probably a little nicer machine than I'm looking for. If I got one, I'd probably just keep it as tokens and play it for fun instead of using it as a bank

Did the Race Queen allow coin-in/coin-out play? I'm not sure when that feature started to be phased out, The Versus (universal, 1999 IIRC) has it, but Sea Master (Yamasa, also 1999) does not.

Based on your experience, is it true that the machines with the play lines and the indicators on the left side of the reels all support 1,2 and 3 coin play? If that's generally true, it makes it a bit easier to recognize good candidates.
    Chris W
    Mesa, AZ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

IU believe you can play coin in or coin out on it. I remember doing it on my Race Queen when I had one. I think its a crap shoot which one sare max bet and which ones arent. You cant ever tell unless you play them. Iknow most if not all Olympia machines are 1,2, or 3.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

:?: :?: Think if ya used a pachislo converted to taking quarters STRICTLY for a bank they could still call it 'gambling' and thus still be illegal in most states? I rather LIKE that idea...Great way to get me and my son to save a few bucks, anyhow.. :?: :?:
    Kelly
    Marine Carnival, Kiwame

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have heard there is a team of EYE SHOOTERS here on pachitalk that would love and come visit you people that have machines converted to quarters :!:

Just imagine how much fun it would be to watch Davis pull an Eye on you and drag out 1000 quarters of your money :!: I guess i will have to learn this method but I have heard that "old eyes" can't shoot as well has those younguns' :wink:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by azlew
    I have heard there is a team of EYE SHOOTERS here on pachitalk that would love and come visit you people that have machines converted to quarters :!:

Just imagine how much fun it would be to watch Davis pull an Eye on you and drag out 1000 quarters of your money :!: I guess i will have to learn this method but I have heard that "old eyes" can't shoot as well has those younguns' :wink:
    This is why I want an older Type-A machine that only pays 350-450 in the BB round. Preferably one that can be set to about 80% on level 1 :-)

I wouldn't want them playing my Manbou machine and have it drop 1600+
    Chris W
    Mesa, AZ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Let me at your converted machines! UNCLE TULSA WANTS YOU! :twisted:
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa
    Let me at your converted machines!:twisted:
    Aye :!: Now the real EYE SHOOTERS OF PACHITALK are starting to take notice...best you hide your piggy banks matey..... :wink:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Not to disrupt all this talk of magical eye-shooters that walk up to pachislos and make them wet their tokens into the tray with their intimidating lizard-eye glasses :lol: :lol: :lol: , but I don't even have a good piggy bank machine for them to have their way with since the vast data-bank of pachislo model knowledge has been completely sidetracked at the thought of harvesting some pocket change :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

Any body got a model, or at least a brand and year that meets all of the things I'm looking for?

I've seen everything I want, just not all in the same machine
    Chris W
    Mesa, AZ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay back on topic.. party pooper.

Well except for the 1,2, or 3 bets option you're looking at a Babel. If you didn't have the theme limitation of wanting to convert it to something else later I'd suggest a K1 Punch Rush.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.