Thread: Taiyo Arepachi question

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Taiyo Arepachi question

Afternoon everybody. I recently purchased an arepachi from a gentleman on this forum and I have been reading all I can in an attempt to get it up an running. I have ordered new light bulbs and some new transistors for the circuit board (just made an educated guess on that). I have a basic understanding of it I suppose after examining it and watching/reading Eddie's info (thanks Eddie) and powering it up. The first picture is of the machine and the next two are of a component that I have no idea as to it's purpose. And the fourth pic is of a circuit board with three contacts on the end that once had wires soldered to them but I can find no loose wires in the machine other than the 3 hanging off of the component in the other pic. That component if you look closely has two female plugs sattached to it but I can't find any plugs in the machine to go in there. Any ideas? Much appreciated!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Taiyo Arepachi question

There may be parts that were once connected to a parlor notification system to let the attendants know when a machine was out of tokens or too full. My Taiyo Arepachi has a similar double-box with nothing in it (though it's plastic), but the machine works fine without it.
    “It’s never too late to have a happy childhood.”

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to sharmoni

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Taiyo Arepachi question

hey you got it doesn't look like anything got broke either gl with it id like to see some pics when you are finished.also the board you are holding slides out of that green connector after you do that look at where the wires would go it looks like they go no where if you trace them on the board. that gold thing was hooked to that board where the solider looks new you can probally see it in some of the pic from my thread. never figured out what it was for so i took it off since it wasn't in the loom and not origional.also be careful with the green thing that spins i had to super glue it back together. thats really all i did to it. gl again eddie really knows his stuff and cant wait to see it looking new

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to funkytub

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey Funkytub thanks for the info! Yep I received it a couple of days ago and yesterday was my first day of trying to check it out. I figured those three leads on that metal box attached to the circuit board. Went to radio shack and bought some transistors and soldered those on the board following Garfield's advice. I powered it up and so far it seems to work though it's hard to tell if it is doing everything it is supposed to (since I don't know all the details of gameplay yet) but it is fun trying to figure it out. But it does payout. Using the guide on the front I put balls in the pockets in a winning sequence, pressed the red button on the left front and sure enough it was spiiting tokens out. I've ordered more bulbs for it and will start cleaning it up soon. And I will take some pics along the way.

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The red button is for cashing out when you are done playing and have a win. Otherwise, simply putting in another token should pay out the win from the previous round.
    “It’s never too late to have a happy childhood.”

10. The following user says "Thanks" to sharmoni

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ahhhhh I see. Thanks a bunch-gonna start cleaning it up today and see what else I can learn about it. Once I get the bulbs in I should be able to actually try and play it in an attempt to see what all if anything is wrong. So far so good.

12. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

u got it up and running

thats sweet
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

14. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yep-just gotta figure out all the play rules,, install new bulbs once they come in ( but i checked all the bulb connections with the few good bulbs and they're all fine) and start the cleaning process. I almost bought some tokens online when i noticed that the few that I have were almost the same size as a quarter. Plus I heard some of the new tokens are aluminum and may be too light to cycle.I tried one quarter at first and it cycled thru then I initiated a payout and it shot out no problem. So I then loaded up the coin tube and played it for about 30 min. with no issues. I'll probably still buy some tokens though. So am I correct in assuming you get one round of the 16 balls per token?
    Last edited by emmadog; 05-03-2009 at 03:02 PM.

16. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yes your right every machine i have see so far used 16 balls

also all 3 of mine say 16 in the instructions plack (16 is the only thing i can read)
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pics of the coin slot/tube assembly.
    And in one of my above posts I meant "other round disc-shaped objects" when I said "quarters".
    Attached Images Attached Images

19. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think i understand how your coin rejector works

in your last picture the one to the right i can see a slot cun into the side.. there appers to be some kind of tab in a hinge and or a spring instaled.. u might see if that tab is bent or modified to allow smaller tokens to pass.. it should push them to the sied and reject them back to the face of the machine to the lower token return...

u can see below in my token mech there is a weight that keep presure agenst the token.. as the token moves down the channel it is traped on the top and bottom.. the weight is pushed up and the token slids threw allwoing the token to trip the micro switch startign game play.. if the token is to small it will not be caught on the top and the weight pushes the token to the side and returns it to the front

hope this helps??

better yet i hope it makes sense??

DSCF3649.jpg DSCF3653.JPG DSCF3650.jpg

21. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yep i see now. ours both achieve the same end thru slightly different means. i was wondering what that little spring-loaded lever was for. i knew it had to do with coin selection but not sure how it worked. i think i'll run some other non-standard size tokens with the machine cracked open to get a clearer picture.

23. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by emmadog View Post
    yep i see now. ours both achieve the same end thru slightly different means. i was wondering what that little spring-loaded lever was for. i knew it had to do with coin selection but not sure how it worked. i think i'll run some other non-standard size tokens with the machine cracked open to get a clearer picture.

Yeppers