Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know anything about this machine?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Anyone know anything about this machine?

I've played it a million times as a kid. The lights etc. don't work at the moment because the part on the back that made it run is missing. If I remember it was battery operated but maybe someone can tell me how to fix it. I'll post some photos of the back too. I have 200 or so balls and the original plastic box to hold them. Thanks,

lexicat
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 13 users say "Thanks" to lexicat

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OMG, there it is! Proof that the opening pockets are called TULIPs!

Look at the last photo LexiCat posted. It's written on the pocket! There have been previous discussion as to why there were called Tulips and some debate. But now, thanks to Lexi, we have proof as to the proper name!

Hey Lexi as a helper to your electrical work, I've attached two diagrams. There are basically two switches and two lights (or two sperate sets of lights). One light/switch combo is for the hopper empty indication and the other combo for the Jackpot lights. The JP switch works by switching on the positive side while the HE switch works on the negative (ground) side. There are three connection points at the top and it appears that one of yours is broken. These connections are for 1)positive, 2)negative and 3)HE ground switch back to a remote operator board.

In order to determine what voltage you need, look at the bulbs and see if the voltage is written on them and go from there. The two diagrams I'm including are for the basic machine wiring and how the machine fits into a parlour configuration.

Oh, it looks like your fuse is blown too.

Your machine looks awesome! I don't see any dates on the stickers but maybe it's just my old eyes. The center pocket is very intriqueing and I am guessing there is a story that goes with that design. If you can determine this story, your machine increases in value.

Hope all this helps!
    Rusty Key

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to wrkey

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Lexicat-

I am absolute AWE regarding the condition of your machine!! Other that some noticable dust and a little tarnish on the brass pins, it looks like new! You have a real keeper there!

Thanks for the close-up photos.

Jeff
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Is there anything missing on the back or do I just need to rewire it? I'm pretty sure it ran on batteries when I was a kid. Has anyone seen this or just plug ins?

Regarding the condition, I can't believe it's still in one piece at all. Sorry to admit this but I used to knock it over and abuse it like crazy as a young kid

Is there anything I need to know about replacing the plexi glass or can I just go buy a piece some where?

Lexicat

Thanks
    Thanks Received

First, the wiring. The wiring is pretty basic and it appears all the components are there. However, it does appear that one of the 'connect terminals' is broken/missing. These terminals are used to hook up each machine to the parlour's power source wires. You do this by pressing in on the terminal button and inserting the connection wire in the small hole. Holding the wire in place, release the button and the wire is 'caught' in it's grip. Of course you want to make sure that the bare copper part of the wire is what's inside the terminal. The last terminal, I think it was either red or orange, is the one that appears to be broken. You might be able to fashion a metal screw to go into it and attach your wire that way.

Looking at what I can see of the photos, you will connect the ground/negative to the blue terminal and the hot/poistive to the red/orange one. Before you apply power, check out the bulbs and see what voltage they are. It should be stamped into the base. The HE light is just below the connection terminals, the JP light is behind the center cover piece. Simply unscrew the screws that are holding the center piece that looks like this: |)(| and the JP light is behind that.

As for the power source. You can use batteries to provide the power given the bulbs are of the right voltage. You can also use one of those wall warts that we all have just sitting around the house that has the same voltage. Each transformer (wall wart) will have stamped on it the input voltage and the output voltage. Just match up the output voltage to your bulbs. If your bulbs are burned out the simply take a bulb with you to Radio Shack and find one that fits that has a common voltage, then find the wall wart or battery that will power them. BTW, for lights, it does not matter if the voltage to them is AC or DC as they will function the same as long as the voltage is correct.

As far as the replacement of the plexi, there are lots of opinions on that. Originally there were two pieces inserted, a plexi on the inside and a glass on the outside. I put all of mine back to this configuration (some had glass and glass). The only one that really matters it the one on the inside. If you go with plexi, go with the mid grade thickness to insure a good tight fit to keep the balls from getting hung up between it and the nails. If you go with glass, just make sure the thickness is right. I always have taken the plexi that came with a machine to Lowes and have a piece of plexi and a piece of glass cut using what I brought as pattern.

I'm sure others will weight in here on their thoughts about glass.

Hope this helps!
    Rusty Key

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i would take a moment and look that wiring over befor i put power to it.. there is a orange wire that appers to be a solid core wire that might not be original?? take your time...(where does that wire lead) shame to cause a problem with a machine that clean

i like the wall wart idea rusty is talking about then it just plugs in and no dead batteries to worry about

i would guess the missing plug point is a missing screw not a push in style.. u will just need to fined a samll bolt to replace it i know a size 4 bolt 40 pitch screw/bolt is verry close but im sure its metric

the date is posted on the center of the sticker i jsut cant quite make it out... its in the center of the 3 stickers and the 3rd row its a 2 diget number??

good luck to u and if u have any other questinos feel free to ask

nice looking pachinko u have there
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

what exactly is a wall wart?

Lexicat

10. The following user says "Thanks" to lexicat

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by lexicat View Post
    what exactly is a wall wart?

Lexicat
    plug in transformer/ charger like for your cell phone, videogame console (nes) or a diskman. I think they got the nickname for looking like a wart on the wall when plugged in
    the

LLTR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

9 volt output wall wart

as u can see i tined the ends with solder so there easier to install

aaa wall wart.jpg
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Very nice machine and welcome to PachiTalk!

The wall wart idea is great. I'll have to do the same when I'm ready to restore my vintage.
    Machines I own: ...see my profile

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh good I do have a "wall wart" or 2 lying around. Thanks for posting the photo - I'm very mechanically challenged...

lexicat

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Make sure the voltage output is correct before you use one!! It should be listed somewhere on the caseing or sticker (Example: Output: 9V DC).
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by lexicat View Post
    Oh good I do have a "wall wart" or 2 lying around. Thanks for posting the photo - I'm very mechanically challenged...

lexicat
    thats y were all hear

to learn something

18. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi everyone, I'm new here too obviously and found the forum through searching for "Daido" and "Takara" since i remembered those being on the front of the machine my dad got. I'm back home for the holidays and my dad was like why don't you take the pachinko machine home and we just found it in the attic. This forum is great, I'll post a few pix of the machine here shortly - gotta read all this good info first!

gene x

Thanks
    Thanks Received

welcome to pachitalk, gene x!!
    PachiTalk

chewy's motto: life is plumbing

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome Gene!!

We'll certainly look forward to seeing pics and hearing all about your pachinko

Enjoy the site and if you have any queries, just ask!!

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Lexicat,

A belated welcome to you on my part

I'm pretty new to this community. As you can see, a nicer group couldn't be found. You'll have that thing running well and likely wanting to be acquiring more before long. Something inexplicably addicting about this.

One thing I can tell you about your machine for sure-- it is very attractive. Nice acquisition. My advice would be too keep it forever (or, of course, mail it to me ).

Take care and have fun!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by genex View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm new here too obviously and found the forum through searching for "Daido" and "Takara" since i remembered those being on the front of the machine my dad got. I'm back home for the holidays and my dad was like why don't you take the pachinko machine home and we just found it in the attic. This forum is great, I'll post a few pix of the machine here shortly - gotta read all this good info first!

gene x
    Welcome to Pachitalk

when u get a few pics start a new thread and post them .. we love pictures

Thanks
    Thanks Received

so the funny thing is that our machines are totally different on the front - i am posting a few pix of the machine my dad is giving me:
    orange photography - photojournalism, corporate and PR event photography

26. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to genex

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast