Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ball Lifter Cleaning

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Ball Lifter Cleaning

Quote Originally Posted by TilionMtl View Post
    Daverob, when installing a fuse and a transformer in a pachinko, would you recommend to put it between the plug and the transformer, or between the transformer and the machine, and also, which fuse would you recommend (125v 5A) ?
    Going a bit off the original thread topic here, but here goes...

I'd recommend putting a fuse where the line cord attaches to the transformer. This will protect the line cord/house wiring if the transformer fails, and should also blow and stop the transformer overheating and becoming a potential fire risk if there is a fault in the transformer.

As to which fuse to recommend, the answer is always the smallest one you can get to work without blowing! It really depends on the VA rating of the pachinko machine and the VA rating and the way the transformer is constructed. Generally the fuse should be an 'antisurge' type or 'slow blow' and typically a line fuse of somewhere between 3A and 5A should be OK for most pachinkos when used on 120V mains supplies.

There's no need for an additional fuse after the transformer, as the main fuse on the pachinko machine itself is effectively between the transformer and the machine, and will protect the transformer if anything on the pachinko overloads or goes short circuit.

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Aren't these lifters designed to run on 100 volts?
    My favorite color is Ham

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by rubberratt View Post
    As I was saying in one of the posts... these things need a LOT of cleaning and prep

Especially if they were in use at all.

I have always completely disassembled them down to the last screw, used Oxalic Acid on the rusty parts, and hand polished all parts. The square tubes are stainless, so a good small diameter round brush makes short work of those

My first re-build took 6 days, and by the time I purchased my 6th one, I could do it in two.

I did get some in REALLY good condition tho, and on one or two occasions... just wiped them down, and was G2G.

Take your time and take pictures, you can't really do too much wrong while cleaning them. The spring loaded section near the gear, is tricky to take apart/put together, but not hard at all.

Use rubbing compound on the orange parts, and then polishing compound, and then a few coats of carnuba wax to seal it.

good luck
    RR
    I am not really looking to make it shine. Its going to be in behind the machine so you wont even seen it. I am just looking to clean out the path of the balls, the lifting tube, the gear/motor anything that moves or the balls will touch so nothing will get jamed/stuck/dirty, ya know?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2