Thread: Help Please for Sea Story Pachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Help Please for Sea Story Pachinko

Hey. I have a Sea Story Pachinko that is in a yellow and orange cabinet. It recently went awol. It has a screen that went blue/blank and the balls will no longer shoot. All the lights seem to still be working. Another site told me it may be a blown fuse. Okay. Which fuse, where do I look, do I need to find someone to repair it, WHAT??

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Help Please for Sea Story Pachinko

what you mean theres another site ???

ok pop a pick of the machine up or a video of what its up to and a few of us may be able to help

first one to chec kif it is 2 seperate problems is to check the dongle take it out blow to clear of dust and reseat it
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It's a Sanyo Special Sea Story in a yellow and orange case. The screen in the middle is blue but won't play the video feed. My bad. None of the lights light up and it won't feed the balls. I did get it to release the balls by pushing the release behind the machine at the top. I am willing to pay to have it fixed. I just don't know where to take it in Fort Worth. I don't know how to download a pic.

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

to be honist there is no such thing as a pachinko repair shop outside of japan other than hoping there is one of our technicley minded members near you that offer to help its kinda self help across the net with the aid of us guys

first question have yo umoved it befor it went off ie knoked or moved the machine pluged it in and it didnt work if so then its usualy a cable / conector that has come unpluged or unseated and you got to go serching pull them all one at a time and reseat them

if you turned it on without moving it and it didnt work then is the room cold there is a known problem with a few machines not likeing cold rooms and giving the same sort of symtems ie blank or strange display but usualy the lights do come on but no video
    if so warm the room or move to a warm place let it warm up and then fire it

could be dogy fuse if so look at the back on each bord or on the power distribution bord there is a set of fuses check each one

also tere is a segmented led display on the back some where used to display an error code post the code for us to give you a clue as to where to start looking

worst case senario and i doubt it is the video driver has gone down and you gonna have to sorce parts from japan

but start with posting the error code if you have one then move on to fuse and cable cheking

are there any led lights running on the playfield ???
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

5. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to drcrippen324

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The reason for asking for pictures is that there are several versions of Sea Story, and they are in different frames, so a picture is the easiest way for us to identify which machine you have and enables us to give more specific advice. I know there's a 'New Sea Story Special' in the Sanyo 'Spirits' frame but that one is more usually found in red or blue (although Nyan Nyan Paradise came in a yellow version of the same frame).

First thing to check is whether there is any power at all to the machine. Are any lights lit, including any power/error LEDs on the back of the machine? Does the LCD display do anything at all or is it exactly the same as when it's powered off.

There are two fuses on Sanyo machines of this era. The main fuse is usually right next to the power switch on the back of the frame (about half way up on the right hand side looking at the rear of the machine). On the 'Spirits' frame this is a T10A fuse, on later machines it can be rated at T15A so check the type carefully before replacing it. If this fuse blows then the entire machine will be dead.

Also worth checking that this power switch hasn't been accidentally switched off, silly things like this have been known to catch out even the more experienced members here.

The other fuse is next to the card reader interface socket, and will usually only give symptoms of the shooter handle not working if it is blown, so it is unlikely to be the source of your problems.

If there is signs of power/life on some parts of the machine, then check for the error indicator display as drcrippen324 mentioned. I've got the Japanese manuals for a few different versions of Sanyo machines so should be able to let you know what the error codes mean, and where to look to find the cause.

7. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Help Please for Sea Story Pachinko

Hello

If you could take some clear pics of your machine and post them in this Thread then I'm sure the Technical Members here can help you to get your machine up and running

Posting Pics is quite simple

You need to click the 'go advanced' button at the bottom of the reply box, this opens up another reply box that shows lots of icons along the top

Simply click the one that looks like a PAPERCLIP and this opens up to allow you to browse your computer and choose the pics you want to upload

I think the maximum size is 800 x 600

...and Welcome to PachiTalk janr4719
    Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to hanabi