Thread: Card Reader Emulator dongle?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Card Reader Emulator dongle?

What exactly is a card reader emulator dongle? and where do i get one and how much do they cost???

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Card Reader Emulator dongle?

A card reader emulator dongle is a small unit that I designed a couple of years ago to allow the home pachinko player to get a little bit closer to the real parlour experience.

In the parlours you buy a credit card sized 'pre-paid card' which you slot into a card reader unit next to the pachinko machine you are going to play. The credit that you have purchased on this card is then showed on the display built into the pachinko machine (near the front ball tray). You then press the 'ball loan' button next to the display to dispense 25 balls and deduct 100 Yen credit from the card.

The card reader emulator unit is a small black box that plugs into the card reader interface socket on the back of the pachinko and allows you to use the display and ball loan button in the same way as in the parlours.

I have a lot more information about it on my website, and ChrisH has done a couple of YouTube videos of them (search for 'pachinko dongle' and 'pachinko smart card').

I usually have them listed on the PachiTalk Auction site for £25 GBP (approx $37 USD) for the card reader emulator dongle and £10 for the smartcard pack, but I've recently made a small change to the case design and need to re-list them with updated pictures (hopefully get round to it by the end of this week).

If you would like to buy them before I get them relisted, send me a PM or email me via the address on the website and mention PachiTalk, and I'll give you the PachiTalk members discount (as the website prices are higher than they are normally listed on PachiTalk), and will also donate the equivalent of the auction fees to help support this site for each one sold.

3. The following 24 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think I have 7 of them They are really fantastic ! The greatest invention we have enjoyed, since Pachinko itself.

Thanks once again Dave.

せぶん戦闘機 せぶん

5. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to rubberratt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thumbs up Re: Card Reader Emulator dongle?

Dongles?

I own 25 of them with one on the way! (Sounds as if they multiply by themselves doesn't it?)
    These Dongles are a MUST HAVE on a modern machine! Dave is the BEST! Put one on every CR machine. You won't regret it!

Jerry
    PACHINKO, THE #1 DRUG!

7. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to portercbl

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by portercbl View Post
    I own 25 of them...
    I bet you got a PInballdave calendar!

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

9. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Talking Re: Card Reader Emulator dongle?

Quote Originally Posted by compirate View Post
    I bet you got a PInballdave calendar!

My goodness!! he's flaunting himself on calendars now??

I think I'll be needing a couple more CRED's too...

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have 11 and loaned one to Ikaria when he came over to visit awhile back. He loves it. Daverob, you may be getting a call from him in the near future.

They put the "Icing on the cake" for your Pachi and bring the Parlor experience that much closer.

I have one Machine "Fever Viking" that I can not find a Dongle Location for. It's a Sankyo Machine.

Hunted Hi and Low on the backside but I do not see one. It's not in the PachiTalk Pachinko Museum and there are no extra set of buttons on front to dispense the Sphere's.

So I guess no "Dave's Dongle" for Fever Viking.

Spoiler
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

13. The following user says "Thanks" to new in town

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

'No buttons on the front' = Cash Version

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

15. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My Fever The King machine is a cash version with no buttons on the front and that is the only thing I dislike about the machine!
    PACHINKO, THE #1 DRUG!

17. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to portercbl

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Daverob i need help! I finally got my ball lifter in so i finally took my machine off the wall to install that and your dongle. but i have a problem maybe you can help. This is the only spot i beleave that the eliminator will fit however there is already stuff there... can you tell me if taking all this stuff out will mess something up? and i dont even know if i can get it out becuase some of it looks to be melted in... just take a look and tell me what you think and if this is the right spot or i cant see some other spot...

Attachment 17688

also... how do i attach your dongle to this? there arnt any screws or anything
    Last edited by TNTahan; 03-04-2009 at 03:49 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The attachment is showing as an invalid link, you can attach pics by 'going advanced' in the posting box and clicking the 'paperclip' icon

from your description, I think you may be saying that the original dongle is glued into place??
    If so this will need removing and then the Daverob dongle should just plug straight in...

Never had a glued in one myself so can't offer advice on removal, but other members will have

Last edited by hanabi; 03-04-2009 at 03:56 AM.
    Angie ...

20. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

DSC01013.jpg

Hope this works, the pic is too big to attach as a picture and honestly i dont know how to resize it...

22. The following user says "Thanks" to TNTahan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

it like a printer plug, so you just unplug it or plug it in.

some sellers glue in the dongles to keep them from coming loose in shipping and moving around.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

24. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    it like a printer plug, so you just unplug it or plug it in.

some sellers glue in the dongles to keep them from coming loose in shipping and moving around.
    ya but look at the picture, there is all that stuff already in it and like soldered into it and melted and stuff... can i just rip that stuff out and put the dongle in?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by TNTahan View Post
    ya but look at the picture, there is all that stuff already in it and like soldered into it and melted and stuff... can i just rip that stuff out and put the dongle in?
    I've never had a dongle like that, but know that they can be a little crudely made

If I were you, I would wait for Daverob to log in, he will see your Thread / Posts and give you the definitive answer to put your mind at rest

Angie ...

27. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

It just looks like a dongle without a case to me (I've had many like this)..get rid of that zip tie and remove it (the dongle)..just pull it out, use the little ears with the holes...and dave's super wonder dongle will just plug in in its place, no screws needed, it stays in on its own!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

29. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What you see with the components soldered onto it is the Card Reader Bypass Dongle that was supplied with the machine. As MrGneiss has said if you cut through the white zip tie that's holding it in place it should pull right out and reveal the connector. You should be able to plug your card reader emulator dongle straight back into this now vacant connector.

A couple of pictures (albeit small ones!) showing an empty socket and a cased and uncased (like the one on your machine) can be seen on this page of my website.

31. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by daverob View Post
    What you see with the components soldered onto it is the Card Reader Bypass Dongle that was supplied with the machine. As MrGneiss has said if you cut through the white zip tie that's holding it in place it should pull right out and reveal the connector. You should be able to plug your card reader emulator dongle straight back into this now vacant connector.

A couple of pictures (albeit small ones!) showing an empty socket and a cased and uncased (like the one on your machine) can be seen on this page of my website.
    Ok dave I got it. It is kinda pushed back into my machine and it looked like all that stuff was just shoved into the achuall plug not a seperate dongle so thats where i got confused. So now all i need to do is stain my cabinent, figure out my ball lifter and plug in your dongle!

I have 2 questions about it. It came with that thing to program it, i want it just for the 2 buttons on the front to despense balls and credits and whatnot. Can I just plug it in and it will work or do i need to put that pin somewhere? also... will it just stay in my machine? or do i have to connect it somehow so it dosnt fall out?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by TNTahan View Post
    Can I just plug it in and it will work or do i need to put that pin somewhere? also... will it just stay in my machine? or do i have to connect it somehow so it dosnt fall out?
    The small black jumper link is only needed to change the settings of the dongle. If you just plug it in 'straight out of the box' then a long press of the right hand button will add ten credits to the display (up to a maximum of 999) and the left button will dispense 25 balls and deduct one credit. If you're happy with that setup then there's no need for the jumper link (but keep it somewhere safe just in case you want to change the settings later!).

If you use the jumper link to access the setup mode, you can change the number of credits that get added, change the way the credits are counted/added/stored and adjust the brightness of the credit display.

The dongle will stay securely fitted to the machine through the friction fit of the connector itself. It might get dislodged if the machine is knocked or banged around during transportation, but for normal gameplay it should stay put without any problems.

34. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Card Reader Emulator dongle

Quote Originally Posted by daverob View Post
    A card reader emulator dongle is a small unit that I designed a couple of years ago to allow the home pachinko player to get a little bit closer to the real parlour experience.

In the parlours you buy a credit card sized 'pre-paid card' which you slot into a card reader unit next to the pachinko machine you are going to play. The credit that you have purchased on this card is then showed on the display built into the pachinko machine (near the front ball tray). You then press the 'ball loan' button next to the display to dispense 25 balls and deduct 100 Yen credit from the card.

The card reader emulator unit is a small black box that plugs into the card reader interface socket on the back of the pachinko and allows you to use the display and ball loan button in the same way as in the parlours.

I have a lot more information about it on my website, and ChrisH has done a couple of YouTube videos of them (search for 'pachinko dongle' and 'pachinko smart card').

I usually have them listed on the PachiTalk Auction site for £25 GBP (approx $37 USD) for the card reader emulator dongle and £10 for the smartcard pack, but I've recently made a small change to the case design and need to re-list them with updated pictures (hopefully get round to it by the end of this week).

If you would like to buy them before I get them relisted, send me a PM or email me via the address on the website and mention PachiTalk, and I'll give you the PachiTalk members discount (as the website prices are higher than they are normally listed on PachiTalk), and will also donate the equivalent of the auction fees to help support this site for each one sold.

Thanks for the info, I will probly end up ordering one at the end of the week.

36. The following user says "Thanks" to New Guy