Thread: Elvis IGT belly glass light problem

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Elvis IGT belly glass light problem

Hi all,

in need of some help trouble shooting a belly glass bulb issue. I have replaced the bulb in the belly glass and still it will not light up. Is there anything I can do to check to make sure it works properly. I have checked all available connections and they seem to be all plugged in..I have reset some of the connections with no luck. Would a voltmeter come in handy to see if the contacts are getting power. It is a shame not to have Elvis light up on the belly glass.
    Pins Currently Own: Cue Ball Wizard, Gladiator, Lethal Weapon 3 Prior Party Animal,flash,pinbot,TX-Sector,Street Fighter II,Mario Andretti,Bad Girls,Middle Earth,Spring Break

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Elvis IGT belly glass light problem

check the in put voltage to the ballast it should be either 24 volt or 110 volt depending on the age of the machine .the out put side is to high for your meter . if you replaced the bulb and theres voltage at the input of the ballast then most likely the ballast is bad .
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

How hard is it to replace the balast..what does it look like also? I would suspect that would be the problem. If someone has a pic of it or a description.
    Pins Currently Own: Cue Ball Wizard, Gladiator, Lethal Weapon 3 Prior Party Animal,flash,pinbot,TX-Sector,Street Fighter II,Mario Andretti,Bad Girls,Middle Earth,Spring Break

Thanks
    Thanks Received

trace the wires from the tube holders back they will take you straight back to the ballast its usually mounted on the door mid way and rectangular in shape .its easily replaced but might be hard to find one .try stealth or gaku they might have one if you take a pic others here might have one if they see it.
    Jeff