Thread: Elminating Hopper Technical Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Elminating Hopper Technical Thread

I was reading up on the Eliminating Hopper thread and autoslot said that he was successfully able to get the King Camel to simulate a coin out. I currently am trying to build (not for commercial purposes - just for fun because I am a nerd and my wife thinks hopper noise is a bit loud at nighttime) a simulator for the coin output from that or similar machines with the 2 optics sensors. I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me any information on this topic that they may know...

I am currently trying to write something using an Arduino board and I cant get any timings to work. If I understand how these work, it looks like from my research that all you need to do is when the hopper motor turns on, pulse (with a SPDT relay the two sensors since they are running opposite with each other). I have tried a 100ms and 50 ms pulses with 100 and 150ms pauses between pulses but have not been able to successfully "trick" the machine into thinking it has paid out coins.

Am I missing something obvious here? I believe I understand how these work (similar to the credit-add ones... I have successfully got my board to add credits to the machine) Does the pulses have to be in a different order/pattern similar to the coin mech signals?

I (and my wife) thank you guys for any help you may be able to provide.

Thanks,

Jeff
    Pachislo: CC Angel, King Camel, MuMu World DX, Marine Carnival, Double Challenge, Savannah Park, Don Chan, Spin Luck #000256, Aladdin II Evolution
    Pachinko: Super Stadium

2. The following user says "Thanks" to jetedrow