Thread: some possible problems with Janken battle

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default some (possible) problems with Janken battle

Hi, I bought a Janken Fever Battle Pachinko, and I'm concern about four things and don't know if it's normal behavior.

1. The Left pocket (9 o'clock) is supposed to activate the little sub-roulette - - in the lower part of the LCD I think. Mine don't do anything whenever a ball enter this pocket. The only time something happen (The - - simply flash then stop) is when a ball enter the tulip in the center. I wonder if it's normal or the left pocket of my pachinko may be defective.

2. The little yellow bridge with 3 arches just over the tullip go up and down continuously, even when I'm not playing. It never stop. I'm concern about it, Is it normal? Will the motor wear prematurely?

3. About the same yellow bridge with 3 arches, when in down position, did the arches hold the balls temporarely or the balls can go throw the arches freely at anytime? I ask that because on slot pachinko (see link below) they say in the pictures of the bridge/gates that it is suppose to hold the balls, mine don't.

Slot Machines-Pachinko Machine Sales, Parts and Service

4. During a Janken battle, it seem that I can't control the hand. Can I change it only one time, from one position to the next, or Can I switch many time to cycle between all the positions and choose the one I want? Maybe I don't press the button at the good moment?

Thank-you for your infos.
    WARNING! These smileys contain violence
    strong language brief scenes of nudity
    and are not recommended for younger audience

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: some (possible) problems with Janken battle

1. I'm not sure about the subroulette on this game. I haven't played mine for a long time and I didn't know about the subroulette controlling the wings on the start pocket back then.

This game does seem to operate differently when it's in the different modes, so it might be that it's only active some of the time.

2. The bridge does operate all of the time. I guess it will add to the wear of the mechanism, but it was designed for a couple of years of continuous operation. It might be possible to put a switch inline with the motor, so you could turn it off when you're not playing. This would help with the noise from the motor as well, which on my machine is noticeable when the machine is idle.

3. I don't remember the bridge ever holding balls on my machine, but it's been a while. They could be referring to the times while the bridge is half way between up and down as holding the balls.

4. As far as I remember, you can only change the hand when it prompts you to press the chance/action button. I have had quite a few occasions when I only seem to get one chance to switch the hand, but I'm sure I've seen it change more than once.

Overall this game does seem to have quite a few unusual features, but it is kind of a 'best of Sankyo' compilation machine, so I guess they are all tributes to the other machines that it draws inspiration from.

3. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: some (possible) problems with Janken battle

Thank-you very much Daverob. Maybe someone else can confirm about the subroulette??
    WARNING! These smileys contain violence
    strong language brief scenes of nudity
    and are not recommended for younger audience