Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Error Code Help

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Error Code Help

I'm new to pachislo machines. I picked up a working Sammy Ghost Shock and a non-working, but nice looking Olympia Trick Monster. I have an E4 error code and have repeatedly tried to reset it, but I'm getting nowhere. I've tried it by going through the normal steps and it still shows up. In addition, if I press the red square reset button on the inside of the door I get a very loud "siren type" noise that remains until I shut off the machine. Also, when powered up the board on the inside left wall of the cabinet has 1 green flashing led.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on this? It looks fun, but I've run out of ideas. Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Error Code Help

Hi cburnett11.

Here is a link to an Owners Manual for a Olympia Machine :

http://www.stealthhomeamusements.com...mpia_Heiwa.pdf

By what I read and E-4 (RR) error code equates to a RAM Error and the fix for it is to push te reset button. There are four models for an Olympia Machine so check the Manual to make sure you are pressing the right button.

It is a 2001 Machine with 1, 2 or 3 token bets.

Below is the Play Guide.

Here is the Olympia Web Page :

http://www.olympia.co.jp/machine/trick/index01.html

And to Play it on the Web :

無題ドキュメント

Click on the Pink rectangle in the Black box after it loads.

I would try re seating ALL connectors on the PC Boards, Look for chaffed wires around the reel cage if the wiring harnesses came loose from their securing points and try another reset.

Good Luck with it. It does look like a FUN Machine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

3. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just played with the "Demo" for awhile.

You CAN eye shoot 7's on it.

It had 3 Jack in rounds and I won 369 Tokens.

無題ドキュメント
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That is a very nice Sim. Fun machine.
    SPIN LUCK #2973 *** KING CAMEL *** SINBAD ADVENTURE *** AUTOMATIC *** WILD WOLF *** DEATH VALLEY *** NEO PLANETT *** THE CYBORG SOLDIER 009 SP *** DESTROYER

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Does anyone have anymore ideas on my Olympia Trick Monster error? I've gone through the reset procedures about 50 times and I still have the E4 error. Even when the machine briefly doesn't show the E4, it will not take a token. I've also reseated every connector on the boards, reels, etc.

Admittedly, I'm new to these machines so I apologize for my ignorance here. Occasionally when I reset the game, instead of just showing an E4 it will have a very loud siren type of sound. I'm not sure if this sheds anymore light onto the situation.

The gentleman I got it from, also sold me a working Sammy Ghost Shock. He bought both of them a couple of years ago from a local retailer outlet, so I'm sure it was working fine before the very limited amount of home use it got. When I got it from him, I thought I'd have no trouble getting it going because it was showing an E4 so I at least knew where to start.

Could this have anything to do with a faulty token mech/slot? If so, can anyone point me in the direction on some instructions for cleaning/troubleshooting that area of the game.

Thanks in advance!!

Craig

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i dont know about the e-4 error but the siren can be associated with a faulty or unplugged coin mech on an Olympia but i get a c5 error when i unplug mine . try playing with the coin mech plug moving it around to make connection .usually turning the key in the opposite direction will clear this fault if the sensor is picked up and the siren will turn off..
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here are some pictures of my machine. I don't know if any of these would help anyone to come up with any suggestions for me to try, but I figured I'd post a few and see what happened. should more lights be lit on the boards aside from 1 green light?

I can't even get a coin to go through the mech and into the hopper, but I'm guessing that is due to the E4 error that I cannot get to reset.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by cburnett11 View Post

I can't even get a coin to go through the mech and into the hopper, but I'm guessing that is due to the E4 error that I cannot get to reset.

Thanks!
    Are you saying that a Token will not pass through the Token slot?

If that's the case something is Jamming up the works. A tear down, inspection and cleaning is in order.

Look for something in the assembly that is "Gumming" up the works. Paper clip, Quarter peanut who knows what could be in there.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK, dumb question but are there tokens in the hopper?
    Also, not that this will fix the problem but the switch on the power supply under the key should be in the down position.
    Chris Dice
    Yo 11 any 7

Thanks
    Thanks Received

if an error exists you wont get a token threw the mech the solenoid will be denergized and the token will be derailed into the token tray instead of going past the sensors you need to clear the error first .
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A token will simply return to the token tray. There appears to be a solenoid that is either activated (or non activated) that causes it to be derailed. With the mech out, I can push the white piece of plastic in and cause the token to pass all the way through. So I'm guessing the error is keeping that from working.

I don't currently have tokens in the hopper, but plenty of them have been in there during this process. Maybe I should load it back up and see if that is causing any issues. The E4 error has been on the entire time whether tokens were in the hopper or not.

I will move the switch down on the power supply. What specifically does that control?

Should my boards have any leds lit besides one constant green one? Perhaps that is a question to specific to the manufacture for anyone to be able to answer that one.

Thanks for all the help and maybe I'll get this working this weekend.

Craig

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Originally Posted by cburnett11

I can't even get a coin to go through the mech and into the hopper

Thanks
    Thanks Received

do this unplug your hopper then put in a hand full of tokens. turn the wheel inside the hopper manually . does a token eject freely if so the sensor may need to be cleaned if not disassemble the hopper and see if a token is stuck inside .sometimes screws and other foreign material get stuck in side as well . i found this in the archives i should have remembered this my self but chris's question stirred the old brain cells .

OLYMPIA/HEIWA MACHINES ONLY
    E2 – Changer Error
    E3 – Hopper Error
    E4 – Hopper Error (normally caused when hopper
    is jammed or unplugged.)
    E5 – Hopper Error (normally jammed)
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by new in town View Post
    Originally Posted by cburnett11

I can't even get a coin to go through the mech and into the hopper

I believe that he can not get a Token to pass through the Token slot into the machine to deposit it into the Hopper.

Spoiler

Thanks
    Thanks Received

you didnt read the last post !!!

"A token will simply return to the token tray. There appears to be a solenoid that is either activated (or non activated) that causes it to be derailed. With the mech out, I can push the white piece of plastic in and cause the token to pass all the way through. So I'm guessing the error is keeping that from working."

Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Spoiler

Thanks
    Thanks Received

>"put in a hand full of tokens. turn the wheel inside the hopper manually . does a token eject freely"

Tokens do eject freely when I turn the wheel manually. Which sensor is it that I should be cleaning? Is this something in the hopper itself?

I appreciate your patience and effort on this.

My kids are really enjoying the 1 working pachislo I got a couple of weeks ago and would like to see this one working too. For some reason they have more interest in these games than any of the of 5 pinball machines and 3 standup video arcade games that I own.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Does anyone have anymore suggestions on this one? The E4 error remains. Is is possible that there really is a RAM issue and I need to actually have the board repaired or replaced? If so, is there a source for this or is it cost prohibitive?

Most of what I've read on this site makes me think that these machines are fairly bullet proof and virtually all problems are cured with a reset or simply checking all of the connections.

Can anyone with a working Olympia machine let me know what leds would be lit in ready mode in their machine? Currently my game has 1 green flashing light on the board on the inside left wall of the game.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i had a Daito with a ram problem, i tried switching out parts with another similar machine, the ram problem cleared out when i replaced the motherboard.

but, the payouts were all messed up because of the machine difference.

when i put the old motherboard back in it worked, so my problem was a poor connection that didn't fix itself until after plugging in all connections a lot more than a few times.

another member here had to get a replacement mother board for their none working olympia.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

cburnett11, just wondering if you were able to resolve this problem?
    Life
    It's what happens
    When you least expect it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast