Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 1st Pachi - Nishijin C - Arrived today!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: 1st Pachi - Nishijin C - Arrived today!

Quote Originally Posted by mudfud View Post
    using the shooter pulled at about 1/3 of the arc is about right for my machines. if you rest your fingers on the post and pull the lever with your thumb, you can adjust the impact and "aim" the balls.

on each of my machines, there is a sweet spot for getting the most jackpots. I have to play them at least 5 minutes to get into the "groove", but they tend to be a release at 1/3 to 1/2 the full arc.
    Thanks for confirming that my machine isn't out of whack. I MAY choose to tweak it a little in that respect to make it more guest & kid friendly. I can add a second nail to allow a shift to a little less pop, leaving the original intact for posterity.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Regarding the issue about adjusting the tension on the spring:

One machine I restored was missing the notched plastic piece that was connected to the end of the spring and hooked over the adjustment nail. I went to Lowes and cut a four inch length of small gold chain (similar to what you would find hanging from a Cuckoo clock) and used that in place of the missing plastic piece. The loops in the chain allowed me to adjust the tension on the spring to whatever setting I wanted.

Another machine I restored was missing the launch spring altogether. I searched high and low, but could not find an exact match for the missing spring (comparing it to the springs on my other machines). I did find the same size spring at Ace Hardware, however it was made from a heavier wire and the tension on it was much tighter. I found another one at Lowes that seemed to be made from the same gauge of wire, but it was a little fatter in diameter. The tension was nearly the same. Fortunately, this machine had enough room to accomodate a fatter spring so I used it.

Try using a small length of chain to adjust the tension. It works pretty well.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

3. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by who922 View Post
    Is it not possible to add that bumper? All of my vintages have the bumper in place. Just one of my older moderns has the opening on the other side.
    I think the point of not having the bumper is that you have to be more subtle with the flipper.

my sophia A single shots don't even have a flap, so if you give it a full flip, you can go around twice before it falls into the play field.
    PachiTalk

chewy's motto: life is plumbing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2