Thread: 1st Pachi - Nishijin C - Arrived today!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default 1st Pachi - Nishijin C - Arrived today!

Well, my wait to join the "owner's club" is now over. My craigslist purchase finally arrived and thankfully pretty much as expected condition-wise. It was pretty darn clean and mechanically sound compared to many I've seen. Did have some jammed balls, but got those out without too much difficulty.

I spent about an hour or so doing general clean-up, polishing of chrome (which is generally excellent!), getting familiar with mechanisms, etc. Significant scratch on plexi. Missing other glass. Will likely just put a new set in, but that's not holding me back where I am right now. Looks reasonable.

All the tulips work. All linkages and such seem intact. Balls launch fine. Having a little trouble with payout, but I think that may be because I don't have enough balls to trigger all the necessary points along the way. It only came with maybe 40 balls or so. I bought 1000 on e-bay tonight.

Only other point of note is that it seems that I'm having some balls stick on the lower pathway, not reaching the plastic thingy that lets them fall into a lower chute that I don't know purpose of. I have learned that that chute must get a ball to it to release a catch that allows payout. I can make a payout happen if I twiddle everything in the right sequence. That's why I'm thinkin I just need more balls. Can't wait to get them!

Oh, one more thing. I'm a bit concerned that my playfield may have some water damage in the top area. Whe I saw the detailed pics prior to buying, I thought those were just ball path marks. However, other stuff is cleaning up with relative ease while the more jagged stuff at top is...I can't tell yet. Regardless, I'll still be very satisfied if I can't get that perfect as there's so much else to look at that you really don't see it too much.

Will update as I get further along.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 12 users say "Thanks" to marietta_ken