Thread: Here are My Vintages!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Here are My Vintages!

I finally had time to get pictures of my vintages. I have had the Montreal Olympic one for about 20 years. I always wanted one . When I was growing up my very wealthy neighbors had one. They would never let me play. They always said it was broken or their parents didn't want anyone else playing it.

I need to restore them. I never even thought about restoring them until I joined PachiTalk. I just wanted to get them in condition to play since I love to play them. I really like these three because they are unique and they have tulips. I really like the vintages with tulips the best. They just seem more fun.

Like one of the previous threads, I need to repaint in the middle of Montreal. I don't know if you can see it in the middle. It is several different colors though, not just silver. Any ideas?

The one also has metal legs. It's the only one I have seen like that. I also took a picture of the 800 pachinko number that was on the machine when I bought it. Anyone ever heard of that before?

I have had all of them for more than 12 years. I have just moved into a house where I am going to have a game room. I will be posting the game room before pics in the game room thread.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by who922; 01-01-2009 at 06:55 PM.

2. The following 19 users say "Thanks" to who922

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Here are My Vintages!

wow! those are great machines, and they are in great shape, too.

on the painting, I think that vintage pachinko uses little brushes and model paint - there's a couple pix of shirley and her sister painting on their website.

for the silver raised parts, i'm off to the store so I'll post my results later today.

the metal legs that I've seen are like shelf brackets, and don't look very finished. there were a pair at the vintage pachinko site for sale. I'm guessing they were just for temporary use.

the 800 pachinko number is hilarious. notice it didn't work from california, alaska and hawaii?

looking forward to your progress, and especially how you display them in your game room.

chewy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow! Great looking machines all in excellent shape! With a little restoration you will have quite the collection! Thanks for posting!!

Regarding your question about coloring the plastic, I use Testors lacquer based model paints and a steady hand to re-add the missing or dull colors. If I accidently slop some of it where it shouldn't be, I quickly wipe it off with a Q-Tip or soft rag. The Testors paints dry with a shiny finish and help the restored machine sparkle as much as possible.

Please keep us upated with pictures as you restore your machines.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

5. The following user says "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have the same Montreal Olympic unit. I was wondering if you know if there is suppose to be an arm under the two runners. Mine does not have any and I can not make out if your unit does. I have posted pictures of my unit.

7. The following user says "Thanks" to cpfalcone

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by cpfalcone View Post
    I have the same Montreal Olympic unit. I was wondering if you know if there is suppose to be an arm under the two runners. Mine does not have any and I can not make out if your unit does. I have posted pictures of my unit.
    I also have the Montreal Olympics machine. That is how it should be - just a nail under the runners, no arm. Very tough to get a bounce up into the hole that is there. Nice machine!

I also have that mermaid machine, but mine is a Besta. I have never seen that before in a Nishijin...
    Do you know how many directions 500 steel balls can go on a tile floor...
    Yellow tulips are evil.

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to GB_Jax

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have good luck with Testor's enamel and their metallic silver as well. For the relatively large silver areas such as the word "Miracle" on my Satomi, I am afraid brushing on the silver paint will leave brush marks. So I plan on spraying it on with either an airbrush or spray can. However there is the problem of overspray and masking off detailed, irregular shaped areas. Luckily art supply stores carry liquid masking than you just brush on, paint, then roll of with your fingers. It's also available in a low tack sheet form. Frisket is one of the brands and it's also available online at MicroMark which has tons of great stuff for modelers.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

for the raised silver areas, the metallic paint markers by Sakura work well. raised black, a sharpie is good.

how to paint raised parts of plastic pieces on cell?

for depressed areas, try these

how to repaint the depressed areas on plastic?

Power Flash Plastics Painting
    PachiTalk

chewy's motto: life is plumbing

12. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to mudfud