Thread: Battle counter question

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Battle counter question

Hello all,

just got my battle counter.

It is a Loo-King-G model, which has about 2 cables (with connectors) at its back.

As far as I know I need 3 plugs to connect to my Sankyo Lumina frame, and 1 for 24 V.

How do I determine connectors do I need?

I think I know which 3 plugs go into the pachi (as the connector is different from the others), but
    - I dont know out of the 3 plugs which goes where
    - where to connect the 24 V.

Has anyone experience with this battle counter? Would you be so kind to help?

Thank you.

Regards,

Miklos
    Pachinkos and Pachislos are bad ... they attract me way too much!

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Battle counter question

Pics are worth a thousand!

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am attaching a number of pictures.

I think I was able to identify the 3 plugs needed for the Pachinko (using Arby's guide and the Japanese tags on the cables) - see second picture.

I am still not sure which one should be connected to 24V. Maybe the one which ends in a funny ceramic tube (see right hand bottom corner of first picture)?

I have tried to take close-ups of the 3 cables which have Japanese labels on them (these are different from the 3 I have with Sankyo plugs ).

Any ideas would be very welcome!

Thank you,

Miklos
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pachinkos and Pachislos are bad ... they attract me way too much!

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Gadgetguy

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

ok the easy way to determin wich plugs in to the lumina frame is take the push button with the connector on and hook it to each of the maching conectors in turn push the button with the battle counter powered and the conector that moves the 4 digit counter is the start pocket the one that moves the middle counter is the big bonus conector and the one that makes all the lights flash and moves the left hand counter is the fever conector

as for the power on the 24v line is usualy and i say at your own risk as i lurnt this by trial and error with an educated guess from popping the back off and tracing the cable / circuet the red and black thick lines with the cable ties around them and the other is the daisy chain to the next counter in the parlour

best bet is do the same open the back of the counter carefully and take a look if unsure dont be shy post pics of the counter open and we can take a more educated guess for you
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to drcrippen324

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Power: the large 6-pin connector (2x3) (I believe the one with the zip-tie in the last picture), the red and the yellow are power, the rest are interconnects between counters (not needed).

Machine connections: These are the bundle you show in the second picture. When powered up, short across one pair and see what the counter does. If the 4 digit led counts up one (or more), that's the starts (should be yellow/black wires). If the whole thing lights up and the big led numbers count up 1, that's the bonus line (should be red/black wires).
    Last edited by compirate; 11-17-2008 at 12:38 AM.

8. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I replied via PM but I post these here too.

Loo-King-G 167 Battle Counter

Wires marked with red labels: Input.
    Brown / Black スタート - Start
    Orange / Black 大当り - Ooatari
    Orange / Light brown 確率変 - Kakuhen

Wires marked with blue labels: Output (not needed).

Power supply: Connect your 24VAC power supply to red and yellow thick wires at the corners of biggest 2x3 connector (either male or female connector can be used, it does not matter).

I have also a question about New Sea Story pachinko and Loo-King-G battle counter installation. Is the counter output of New Sea Story frame voltage output or ordinary one?

If it is voltage output, I have no idea to where at Loo-King-G I have to connect the wires because there aren't any Japanese markings at the counter PCB. Just CN15, CN16 and so on. Now the input wires are connected to ordinary connectors at counter PCB. However there are some empty slots to where I could switch but I don't want to burn my new toy...

I have also a different counter with good voltage input markings at PCB but I would like to use it with different pachinko.

Does anyone have New Sea Story with battle counter?

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Supersaiyan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have to ask again. Is there such thing as voltage (12/24V?) output to battle counter?

Was the other thread about burning battle counter connecting the counter accidentally to pachinko frame's tower light/beacon output?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Supersaiyan View Post
    I have to ask again. Is there such thing as voltage (12/24V?) output to battle counter?
    Machines with voltage outputs do exist. Voltage output machines are usually 28-36v pulses and can easily damage battle counters that are configured for contact type outputs.

I'm not going to hazard a guess at which type your New Sea Story machine is. There are several machines from Sanyo that are (sometimes incorrectly) referred to as New Sea Story and depending on which one you have the answer may be different. I seem to remember that the version I have (in the Sanyo 'Spirits' frame) is voltage output, but later machines are contact output.

However, there is an easy way to convert a voltage output to a contact type if your battle counter does not support voltage outputs.

All you need is a 4 pin opto-isolator chip (of the same/similar type to that used on contact output machines) and a resistor for each output (1k8 - 2k2 ohms rated at 0.6w or greater). The voltage output is connected via the resistor to the LED side of the opto-isolator and the detector side of the opto-isolator is connected to the contact inputs of the battle counter. (If you need a diagram or part numbers, then let me know and I'll draw something up).

BTW Pachinkos don't have any outputs designed to drive tower lights or beacons directly. The extra parlour lights use their own controllers which are triggered from the battle counter outputs on the pachinko (either directly or 'daisy-chained' via the buffered outputs on the battle counter and/or via a parlour computer data collection unit).

13. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by daverob View Post
    Machines with voltage outputs do exist. Voltage output machines are usually 28-36v pulses and can easily damage battle counters that are configured for contact type outputs.
    Now I found the thread and remember how it was. There was a different slot for voltage pulses in that battle counter. Ok. Thank you.

I'm not going to hazard a guess at which type your New Sea Story machine is. There are several machines from Sanyo that are (sometimes incorrectly) referred to as New Sea Story and
    depending on which one you have the answer may be different.
    That is true. This is my model:
    Juhan Pelisivut

And how the counter output of the New Sea Story looks:
    http://keskiespoo.net/~julauril/pach...-sea-story.jpg

I think the counter outputs are on left side (marked with red arrows). There are Japanese markings behind clear plastic (not seen on picture) "Start" "O-Atari" and "Kakuhen". Nothing about voltage. The yellow label next to output is same as seen the right side of the picture. Only the first letter is different.

I have reasonable good multimeter. I will try soon, if it catches any higher voltage from these outputs.

However, there is an easy way to convert a voltage output to a contact type if your battle counter does not support voltage outputs.
    Ok. It is good to know. Thank you very much. I have done some electronics before and that solution seems quite easy to do. Before that I have to figure out how to hook the other counter model to contact output machine. There's all wires and it is working but not registering any start signals when connecting the pins. The wires are in contact slot. Not in voltage slot. Thank's to your older posts and some Japanese lessons I can regocnize the outputs, inputs and voltage markings. I may post it to different thread then. I'm not sure if this is getting little bit off topic.

BTW Pachinkos don't have any outputs designed to drive tower lights or beacons directly.
    Ok. They are something else then. They look like voltage outputs and not connected.

15. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Supersaiyan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Supersaiyan View Post
    And how the counter output of the New Sea Story looks:
    http://keskiespoo.net/~julauril/pachinko/sanyo-new-sea-story.jpg
    That is the same as the one I have and they are contact outputs, you can see the yellow 4 pin opto-isolator chips just to the right of the connector. I think some of the other outputs next to them might be voltage outputs though (not 100% sure as my one is packed away at the moment as I'm a bit short of space).

The green terminals are an 'Out of Balls' signal, Black is 'Prize Ball' pulse (one pulse for every 10 prize balls dispensed), these go back to the parlour computer so they can keep track of how the machine is doing, the other empty connectors on the same board are 'Door Open' signals and the white one is to signal 'Loan Balls' one pulse each time 25 balls are dispensed via the card reader unit.

17. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you very much. It is good to know I can hook Loo-King-G counter to that machine without problems because I don't know, where the Loo-King-G voltage inputs are.

I still have to figure out why the another counter model (Hikari Shinsei Beat) does not register contact pulses at all. I will post a new topic with pictures about that.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Is there enough power on a voltage output machine to light a small light/LED with resister? Would be a quick way to tell if you have voltage or contact if it isn't written anywhere on the machine. Just hook it up to the start line, drop a ball in and if it flashes, it's voltage, if not, contact.

20. The following user says "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by compirate View Post
    Is there enough power on a voltage output machine to light a small light/LED with resister?
    Yes, the resistor in-line with the LED would need to be somewhere around 2k2 to 4k7 and should be a 0.6w or greater type. If you do try this then remember to check the polarity of each output, as the LED won't light if it's connected the wrong way round. (You don't want this to be misinterpreted as a contact output, as it could lead to expensive damage!).

All the voltage output ones I've seen have been marked with a polarity and usually the voltage as well. However if I'm not sure, I usually look for the small 4 pin opto-isolator chips (or small relays) on the connector board, or trace the wiring back and see if there are any of them in the signal path, as they should only be present on contact output machines (and then I double check with a voltmeter!).

22. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to daverob