Thread: Side by side mounting ideas?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Side by side mounting ideas?

Well I decided on another machine the only problem i have is no place to mount it. Right now I have 3 pachinkos and bought a 4th all with cabinets. I can fit 4 or 5 side by side but there is no way to support the 4th or 5th machine because of a stud issue. Is there a simple remedy that I may be overlooking.

I was thinking of mounting wood planks and screw into the studs then hang each machine on these wood sections. The problem is the backs would still be visable from the side and you would see 2 vertical boards (one top one bottom) with a gap in the middle. While I'm typing this maybe it would work with molding on the first and last machines so this would be hidden. I really don't know...I'm trying to find a thread I saw awhile ago with each machine right next to each other. My cabs would still need a little space between them due to the overhang on top.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Side by side mounting ideas?

I thought of doing this at one time. I think you have the right idea. You'd need one long french cleat that spans a few studs. The first and last cabinets in the chain would have to be slightly different to hide it. And you might still be able to see it between them, depending on how wide the gap is. You could also do something in the gaps to hide it better, like adding removable panels or something.

3. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to fronzdan