In my recent posting I discussed a machine I had just acquired and being new to the Pachinko World I posted here in the 'vintage' forum. However, after reading the replys to my posting it appears the machine may be considered a 'modern' and not a 'vintage'.

So, for all us NewBies, can we get a clarification of the vintage/modern classification. Here's my thoughts:

1. Age: Obviously, but sometime a machine may be discussed that the date hasn't been determined yet. (As in my case.) However, for clarity, can we pick a time period... say Prior to 1980?
2. Electronics: My first machine is purely mechanical with only simplistic lights for jackpot and hopper empty. My second machine relies on electronics to play. Can this me a distinquishing charateristic?
3. Shooter: Maybe the quickest way to class would be the type of shooter. If it's a hand powered lever it vintage, if it's electronic powered its a modern?

This may have already been covered and if so please forgive, it not maybe we can make this thead a sticky so other NewBies can find it easier. Or maybe the moderator could post and make sticky the results of this inquiry in another post?

Thanks,