Thread: Pachinko battle counter questions

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Pachinko battle counter questions

Hello.

Since counters will show the statistics from 3 to x days I was wondering how the counters will know what day is it? Is there date and time setting or does the every power on/off count like "day"?

Will the counters keep the data in the memory when off? Is there a battery or capacitor to keep the memory or is it some sort of flash type?

Are the connectors usually same two pin type in different models? You just have to buy adapter for different pachinko frame?

What about those remote controls? Are they universal or will they work with counters with same manufacturer? What they are for?

Some new counters have small dot matrix display or even LCD display. I guess you need some sort of system/computer to program graphics/messages to them?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Pachinko battle counter questions

The BCs keep track of how many hours they are on. The internal settings, which can be set with the remote for the counter, define how long a day is in many cases.

Counters keep stats in their memory when disconnected from the power, but again (set by the remote)... some counters must remain on a set amount of minutes until they retain the info for the day. For example, I have some of mine set to "ignore" changes, unless the counter is on for 15 minutes after the last spin is registered. This is helpful when I am testing the machine.

Connectors vary, but usually the 2-pin style. IMPORTANT - the space between the pins varies, and the size of the connector also varies. I make custom ones for my Pachinkos, unless I can get them from Japan easily

Remotes are specific to the manufacturer, and also VERY often to the model. In some cases, you can get remotes that control many models from the same manufacturer. IMPORTANT - the battle counter manual is essential for changing settings on your BC, YOU CAN BRICK THEM if you don't know what you are doing ;(

The remotes allow you so set the various parameters for the BC, Often there are 50 or 60 settings, and some of mine have hundreds !!!

The displays are generally pre-programmed, but you can asdjust what gets displayed during Bonus from a "set" of pre-programmed animations.

SHEW !!! - hope this was kinda helpful,

I can explain more if you would like, just ask ^_^
    Last edited by rubberratt; 10-18-2008 at 09:56 AM.

せぶん戦闘機 せぶん

3. The following 12 users say "Thanks" to rubberratt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just like watching all the pretty lights on mine
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

5. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes Luckydog, it is the reason why I'm buying those too. I'm obsessed to colorful flashy lights. So that's why I love pinballs, slot machines, amusement parks and xmas lights.

Quote Originally Posted by rubberratt View Post
    The BCs keep track of how many hours they are on. The internal settings, which can be set with the remote for the counter, define how long a day is in many cases.
    Ok. But is there any default setting after reset or counter without remote? Is it possible to change the setting without remote? Any buttons or dip switches? What about if the BC comes without remote control and there are some settings totally wrong? Are the remotes only for really sophisticated models so simple models just work and you dont have set anyting?

Quote Originally Posted by rubberratt View Post
    YOU CAN BRICK THEM if you don't know what you are doing
    How is that possible? Even the reset does not fix it? Can you say an example?

What about pachislos? I have seen same looking models for pachinko and pachislo. Is it just a wiring and connector or are the internals different depending if the BC is made for slot or pachinko? Where the connector is in the pachislo machine usually? In the stop board? There are some empty connectors. I have Yamasa's model with EL-screen and it does show the bonuses and other statistics on the screen but I'm just curious.

Thank you very much!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Could please anyone explain what a battle counter is?
    Pachinkos and Pachislos are bad ... they attract me way too much!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

9. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

a video is worth a 1,000 words.

It is the next step in your true Pachinko parlor experience.

It is not for the weak or faint of heart.
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

11. The following user says "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This looks fascinating!!! But what does it do? Is the whole thing (including all the lights) part of the counter?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Pachinko battle counter questions

Here's mine, It's one of the lower priced models.

I bought it from Greg when he had them on sale.

I have it setup on my Galaxy train pachinko

YouTube - Battle Counter on Galaxy Train
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by luckydog; 10-19-2008 at 12:32 PM.

14. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That looks really really cool. I understand it is difficult to get one... One more difficult thing for me to try to get...

Approximately what price range would this be in?

Is Greg still selling them?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Gadgetguy View Post
    Approximately what price range would this be in?
    Used are $20 to $100 (plus shipping from Japan) and brand new counters start from 100-150 and can be hundred of dollars. Really nice models can have color LCD, remote control, multicolor leds and other nice things. The lower end models have just some simple digital display and couple of extra led lights.

The BC just show the statistics of the recent game play and during fever adds some extra to light show. Basic models show last three days stats but usually they are capable to keep 10 days or even more and can draw graphs and stuff from the data. The players want to see if the machine has been easy or not, look their progress during day (those who spend whole day at same machine) and parlor will give the simplified stats (Before counters there was lots of web sites, pay phone services etc. about "hot" units in parlors. Maybe the parlors wanted to get rid of this kind of side business). There are also hand held personal counters as well but I'm not sure if they are allowed in some parlors (Nine fingers come and drag you at back alley ). You cannot say much if the machine is easy or not about stats because the "nail man" and the fact the fevers are random.

17. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Supersaiyan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Very interesting details. I think I should really try to get one (the $20 kind of possible)! I really liked luckydog's video!

19. The following user says "Thanks" to Gadgetguy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think mine was about $40.00 shipped.

the lower ball tray was filled up on the back end of that video, thats what the dinging sound and girl yelling at me was

"empty the bottom tray dummy"

21. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I was flood out of Pachinko sales in June, sorry
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok. But is there any default setting after reset or counter without remote? Is it possible to change the setting without remote? Any buttons or dip switches? What about if the BC comes without remote control and there are some settings totally wrong? Are the remotes only for really sophisticated models so simple models just work and you dont have set anyting?

The Manual for the counter states what the default is, so it varies.
    Some are even multiple day counters, so there is no single answer. A few Battle counters can be reset "on board" but it varies (hold a button down while powering on). No dip switches are on-board for making configuration changes. Remotes are available for even the most basic counters, but if all you want is flashing lights and some simple stats, then the remotes aren't required. MHO is that you don't really need the remotes, unless you are kinda weird LOL. OH and BTW, the only things that can be "totally" wrong would be pulse timings for recognizing certain bonuses. Full remote control support is sometimes VERY helpful for sorting that all out.

YOU CAN BRICK THEM if you don't know what you are doing
    How is that possible? Even the reset does not fix it? Can you say an example?

An example is turning all of the counter's functions OFF with the remote and you either don't know what you pushed, or forgetting which setting you changed. Of course this won't be a problem if you have the manual and are fluent in Japanese An on-board reset would be extremely helpful if this ever happens to you. It happened to me once, where I changed a setting and the whole display went blank. Nothing !!! I had to "blindly" push buttons that I had memorized to bring it back REALLY SCARY >< Happy ending, it came back to life after I pressed the sequence I had memorized - but otherwise... I had no feedback as to what I was pressing
    Last edited by rubberratt; 10-21-2008 at 07:37 PM.

せぶん戦闘機 せぶん

24. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to rubberratt