Thread: Do I need a stand for my first Pachinko?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Do I need a stand for my (first) Pachinko?

Hello all,

I bought on ebay yesterday my very first pachinko (Magic Carpet). Wohoo!!!

I will pick it up in a couple of days (from Imatrix).

Unless you tell me otherwise, I am planning to get an additional 1000 balls for it, so that I have 1500 (as 500 come with the machine). That should be fine for a start, right?

My question is now: Do I need a stand for the unit? Imatrix sells a stand for the machine, for about the same price I am paying for the unit itself.
    That is a bit expensive - but if a stand is NECESSARY, then I would buy it.

So, is a stand necessary, because
    - without a stand the machine may easily fall/tip over (and the stand will stabilize it)
    - there are components hanging out on the back of the unit (which the stand will cover up)
    - or for any other reason?

Or will the unit stand safely on its own ( on a solid surface), and I do not really need a stand for other than cosmetic reasons?

I am looking forward to your advice!

Cheers,

Miklos

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Do I need a stand for my (first) Pachinko?

Congratulations on your first Pachinko!!

Cabinets although very nice, are not essential and most members use their Pachinkos freestanding

in fact only 1 of my 9 Pachinkos is in a Cabinet, the rest are quite happy on their wooden feet

perhaps some of the posts in this thread will help a little

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...116#post282116
    Last edited by hanabi; 10-01-2008 at 08:58 AM. Reason: forgot my manners!!
    Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

3. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Do I need a stand for my (first) Pachinko?

Gadgetguy,

Congrats on your first pachinko machine (possibly of many).

To your stand question.
    -Depending on the particular stand, they do offer some stability, although many people(myself included) have not gotten around to building them yet. I have wood feet on my machines. Just simple hardwood pieces that attach perpendicularly to the base of the machine. These are enough to keep it from toppling over (and I often have upwards of 1000 balls in mine).

-The components hanging off of the back are usually not "hanging". The manufacturers did a pretty good job of keeping everything bound up and neat. Unless you have little ones with curious hands, the back of the machine offers little danger, especially when placed with little access (back to a wall or corner). Since I have young ones, I will be building a few cabinets down the road but not yet. (Truthfully, having all of those little balls around makes me a bit nervous to bring the kids around the pachinkos...at least for a few years.)
    -So, as far as stands go, they can help keep a machine stable (feet can too), they often conceal the back of the machine (not really a concern most times), and they often look great (this will be what ultimately pushes me to build).

So if you don't "need" it yet, and can get by with another mode of stabilization, you don't need to rush to buy now.

2 cents spent.

BTW: good call with the purchase of the additional 1000 balls. Most would agree that that's a good number to have (especially for fever rounds).

Congrats on the machine and let us now how you like working with imatrix...
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Bob's Tiki BarCade: Home to Arcade Machines, Pachis, Collectibles, and a Massive amount of Polynesian Kitsch. All together in one room.....because that's the only place she'll let me keep it.

5. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to bob5150

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Congratulations! Magic Carpet is very fun to play! Little more challenging to get big wins because it is hanemono type. You just don't have to wait reels to spin and get some random fever. The game is more like skill game. You try to start the rounds by yourself hitting at the moving target and then to hit to the genie! Pauses and different shooting levels and ball paths are more important (imho).

1000-1500 balls is enough for this game I think. It is also quite simple to modify cyclic if needed. You can find instructions here and my pictures and solution is especially for Magic Carpet:

PachiTalk

When you got the machine up and working could you please take pictures at front if the frame is any other color than Sun Gold Yellow. The other colors of the Victory frame are Cosmic Pink, Galaxy Purple and Space Black if I remember correctly. I would love to put your picture to my Magic Carpet web page with your permission of course. Is this possible?

Juhan Pelisivut

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Supersaiyan,

I would be glad to send you pictures. Thanks for the advice re cyclic.

Cheers,

Miklos