Thread: New Pulsar: E4 Error code

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New Pulsar: E4 Error code

Hi,

I just picked up my first Pachislo machine. When I plug it in I get an 'E4' error on the front. Looks like it's missing the coin mech and possibly other parts. Any ideas would be appreciated. Here are some pics.
    http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.p...yjy4v4&thumb=4
    http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.p...dmrzuo&thumb=4
    http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.p...nj1rhy&thumb=4
    Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New Pulsar: E4 Error code

Have you tried to reset the machine with the key and set the difficulty level again? Maybe it is the memory. Machines made by Yamasa have very weak capacitors and the difficulty settings memory can reset within few days if the machine is not used. If this fixes the problem you don't have to worry about the capacitors. Memory reset does not any harm to the machine. The error can be just little annoying if you play the game only a once a week.

If this is not solve the problem check all connections. There could be loose wire somewhere. Connectors can loose during transport. It is quite common problem with these.

I cannot say anything about the missing coin mech. However, they are very simple in these machines. Not like in pinballs or western slot machines if you have used to see those inside machines. What did the seller say about this? How did he/she play the machine?

BTW. Love your avatar!

EDIT: I looked the door picture again (now the large version). It seems the machine is really missing the coin mech. Sorry. If the machine worked before maybe the error code is not because the missing mech (possible auto-credit modification there).

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Supersaiyan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the response. It didn't come with a reset key and I bought it in the defective state. I'd never seen one before and picked it up to see if I can get it working. I opened up the switch box and shorted out the key pins with an alligator clip. I powered up with the pull-start on the front down and now I get an E0 error.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You can find error codes from Stealth Home Amusement guide for Yamasa machines:

http://www.stealthhomeamusements.com/media/Yamasa.pdf

It seems the machine thinks there's coin jam in token slot. Maybe there is a way to bypass this. I'm not sure. Is there any loose wires that look they should end to the missing coin mech? Like I said the mech is usually really really simple and there's some kind of micro switch or opto to recognize the rolling token. Tokens are usually validated only mechanically by size.

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Supersaiyan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Gotcha, and the machine is missing the coin mech so with it removed it must sense there is a jam. I might need to pull one of the lines to gnd or to power. There are 2 connectors on the pcb on the back of the door with coin 1 & 2 labels. Do you know of any schematics for these boards?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

no schematics available. the coin mech is an optical momentary pulse on that unit.it needs to see the coin pass in front of the sensors in the correct timing or a fault will result. contact Teqkng ( a member here) as he has a number if pulsars for parts, he may be able to help you out. yours is the older machine style.

9. The following user says "Thanks" to birdbrain

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Now I learned something too. With working machine it could be possible to measure the pulse timing and imitate it somehow but good electronic skills and equipment are must of course.

Maybe it is easier to find part or similar non working and cheap parts machine or try some autocredit unit. There are some available. It should be possible to add autocredit because your machine is little bit older model.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hmm, I'll see if he has one. In the mean time, is there a way to trick it into thinking there's a coin mech when I first power it up? Just want to get past that error and see if anything else is wrong.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It was likely a try to adapt to the auto credit system, this machine uses the older stopboard that will NOT accept it. that is why I want to phase them out of my "Fleet" Make sure the stop board is in the machine and I will arrange to send you out the missing pieces along with detailed Photos of their installation and locations when installing them. Also Re-Connect the Solenoid in the back, when it works it is a cool "Knocker" that they discontinued with later models. It looks like you need the upper coin hopper piece along with the coin mech and channels. I will ask you to for closer up photos of the door area around the coin mech as there are a couple of small pieces I need to be sure are there. Let me know.
    Last edited by teqkng; 10-04-2008 at 10:25 AM.
    A token for your thoughts???

TEQ. http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/group.php?groupid=3

13. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to teqkng

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks, here are some pics from inside the unit. Is the stop board the one next to the three spinning wheels? If so the fuse is blown on my machine, I'll pick up one and see if it blows again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Snazzy81 View Post
    Is the stop board the one next to the three spinning wheels? If so the fuse is blown on my machine, I'll pick up one and see if it blows again.
    Yes. That small board at the right side is the stop board and there's a fuse on the board. Be sure to use exactly same type of fuse so you don't blow anything else if there is short circuit somewhere. Actually I'm not sure what kind of fuse it should be. Fast or slow blown and the value.