Thread: Error during big payout

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question Error during big payout

During the big payout I will get this screen. (It should be in the attached picture). The machine will make an alarm noise and it has this woman's voice saying the same thing over and over again. I do not know any Japanese so it does not make any sense to me.

I thought that it was a matter of running out of balls, but the system still had some balls in the payout channels.

If anyone can tell me what this screen means and if this in a legitimate error please let me know.

thanks a lot
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Error during big payout

By the way. I am pretty new to owning a Pachinko machine. I have several arcade machines.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachi-Talk! nice name, that's the name of my girlfriends cat !

Anyway, You said there was a "Few" balls left in the payout tray, my guess (a somewhat educated guess) is that the payout lane is nearly empty!
    Therefore it didnt have enough to pay out... so you should fill the hopper and see what happens.

The reason my guess, is "somewhat educated" is because my machine does the same thing(pauses during fever when the hopper is empty), if you look on the front of your machine and you see a constant red light that means the payout lanes are empty, the payout lanes have a button under them, and if pressure is applied it presses the button underneath telling the machine it has plenty of balls left, when the button is not pressed... the light goes on and sometimes (usualy during fever) gameplay stops...

sorry its so choppy and all over the place, it's late!
    Hope it helps

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Banzaitrooper

Thanks
    Thanks Received

or it could be you aren't getting balls in the jackpot door when it opens during each round!!
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Banzaitrooper View Post
    Welcome to Pachi-Talk! nice name, that's the name of my girlfriends cat !

Anyway, You said there was a "Few" balls left in the payout tray, my guess (a somewhat educated guess) is that the payout lane is nearly empty!
    Therefore it didnt have enough to pay out... so you should fill the hopper and see what happens.

The reason my guess, is "somewhat educated" is because my machine does the same thing(pauses during fever when the hopper is empty), if you look on the front of your machine and you see a constant red light that means the payout lanes are empty, the payout lanes have a button under them, and if pressure is applied it presses the button underneath telling the machine it has plenty of balls left, when the button is not pressed... the light goes on and sometimes (usualy during fever) gameplay stops...

sorry its so choppy and all over the place, it's late!
    Hope it helps

I do know about the red light. I keep putting balls in but it will not stop with this noise and error. Once this girl comes out and the screen goes to what I have in the picture no amount of added balls will make it go away and if you continue playing it will just keep making this noise and have the same image.

If I flip the switch that is near the power on the back the red and green light on the left will blink and when I turn it back on it will have reset and the error is gone.

I would have thought that if it was just low on balls that it would go away at some point after adding them.

Sorry I should have been clearer with my information.

This forum has already answered so many questions for me and I appreciate any help.

I did get some in there.

That is the "Open" door near the bottom correct?

I did notice that.
    Last edited by chewable; 09-30-2008 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

When you put balls in, are they immediatly payed it? it could have a huge payout yet it needs to pay out.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I had a machine doing that. Turned out to be a small piece of plastic jamming the payout lane.
    Gotta catch 'em all Pa-chink-o

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Banzaitrooper View Post
    When you put balls in, are they immediatly payed it? it could have a huge payout yet it needs to pay out.
    yes it will pay out right away.

I like the idea of tricking it to think that it still has balls in it. I will try that tomorrow night.

Thank you for the idea.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yea, until i waited for my balls to come in the mail i made my machine somewhat Cyclic, there's two hooks in the payout lane, when it pays out the bottom hooks lift up and catch on the top hooks, and they get caught there, then the top hooks pull away and the bottom hooks fall again. I put a paper click to hold back the top hooks so the bottom hooks wouldnt pay out balls but would think it would, than i put small weights on the payout lanes so it thought it was full.
    It worked great, then my balls came in the mail.

But, my guess is that your machine has a huge payout, the same thing happened to me, the first fever i got in it kept going "Bink bink bink" and just flashing,its stopped doing that now that i've got balls running through it. keep making it pay out what balls you have until it stops doing that.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The error on the screen says 障害発生 (which is pronounced 'shougai hassei' and could also be part of what the voice you are hearing is saying?). This just translates to 'A fault has occurred', so is probably not going to be much help in tracking the problem down.

Is there an error code LED display on the back of this machine? Look to see if this changes between when the machine appears to be working normally and when this problem occurs, the code might help shed some light onto the problem.

Like others have said I would suspect a problem in the ball payout channels, either a partial blockage (are balls being paid out from both channels, or is one half blocked?) or it could be a payout verification switch/sensor that is not being triggered. ie the computer isn't detecting that a payout has occurred and so it thinks that there is a blockage even though the balls are actually being paid out correctly.

12. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk. I think I saw that machine on Craigslist - I live up in Lake Stevens.

I agree with the above posters that it's either something blocking the balls or you hit a huge payout and you need to keep putting balls through to let it catch up.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

As far as I can tell nothing is blocking the payout because it will empty all channels. If I keep putting balls in it the horrible noise(alarm sound) does not go away. Also as far as I can tell it has some electronic sensor to tell when it has balls in the payout channels, I could not find a physical switch.

I did not get a chance to spend enough time tonight to completely test it again. I hope to tomorrow night (stupid work keeping me there and paying me money to buy pachinko machines - wait that's a good thing, right?).
    Last edited by chewable; 10-01-2008 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by chewable View Post
    yes it will pay out right away.
    Does the machine payout in groups of balls, or do they all rush out? If you're not already aware, there is a ball dump on these machines...
    Star Wars R2D2 Vicky Chance Fever King Julie Pinball Lassen World Super Stadium Galaxy Railways Eva 4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Gah ! I always forget about the ball dump! but by the sounds of it thats not the issue because he only gets the problem during "big payouts" my guess is fever, Im guessing its the same problem I had when i had limited balls! There were many that needed to be payed out and they werent getting paid out therefore the machine would lock up!
    Last edited by johntofva; 10-13-2008 at 05:01 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you all. It turns out that the answer is...
    Balls

It took me about an hour of playing tonight to get to the Big Fever Payout. And if I kept running back and forth and kept it full of balls in the channels then it went through the payout cycle and did not error. I did not get the full video and I am guessing it is because I was moving balls around more then playing.

All in all thanks a lot. Again saved by the internet...

I will have more questions, but for now I will close this ticket since I think that the answer is obvious.

18. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to chewable