Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Turn Knob & Shooter problem

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Turn Knob & Shooter problem

I didn't see a dongle installed in the pic. Could that be the problem?

2. The following user says "Thanks" to Skydanz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Skydanz View Post
    I didn't see a dongle installed in the pic. Could that be the problem?
    I have purchased a dongle for this machine since from a member of these boards. Could it be the dongle is bad? I can't remember if the problem was there before I received the dongle..
    10 machines and counting.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

If a dongle is faulty. It would stop the shooter from working at all. It should have any effect on how much force the shooter uses.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've have this machine for around 5 years now and I still haven't found a resolution. I haven't even played it much and haven't played it at all in around 3 years or so as it's not fun watching the balls shoot at full speed each and every time.. there's just no point to it. And it's really disappointing as my father and I made a gorgeous frame for it to sit in.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has a suggestion as to why the shooter knob fires immediately at full force when I touch a finger to it. Anyone?

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Everything in the shooter knob is ok? No continuity issues with any cables? I saw on that other post that there is a shooter circuit board behind the power supply, does everything look ok on that (loose connections/solder joints)?

A temporary solution might be to place some piece of rubber on the front, something small (some rubberbands?) wrapped around the white piece (the one with the two gold screws) above the shooter hammer so the hammer doesn't hit the balls so hard, might make it a little more playable for now.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hmm... looking back over the thread... Have you ever tried to see if there are any trim pots for the shooter "touch"? I think it will be labeled something like "タッチ"
    This is only on some of my older moderns, but if its too sensitive, it can either cause it to shoot when nothing is touching it, or cause it to blast everything. Depends on the brand.

Otherwise, see if you can get this running with the front of the shooter knob off, and manually tweak the pot underneath. I replaced the pot on a Nishijin machine once, and the original, though it was a full range pot, only used a small fraction of the sweep. So instead of 0-10000k, it was like 2000-3000 for the full range. If you can figure that range, then maybe its just a matter of reorienting the pot so it uses only that range. OR - check to see if the pot is good at all. Might be dead or shorted.

that's all I got for ya...
    Woof!

8. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Chumsize

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_Fever View Post
    Well, after 4+ years and I still can't seem to resolve this issue. I was hoping that you folks might have a little more insight as to how to resolve this very frustrating issue.

When I touch my hand to the knob, the hammer strikes the ball at full speed, no matter if I'm turning it at all. I haven't touched anything since the above pictures have been posted.

As this was a parts machine, I understand anything could be wrong. I'm still hopeful that the synergy within this abyss of information can bring this machine back to life!

Anyone here have a clue how to resolve my issue?

just making contact with the know causes it to fire?

did you check the knob with a DMM to check for a short? sounds like a floating ground..

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I orderded a new dongle for this machine, although I don't think that is going to fix anything, especially since a known working dongle has yielded the same results. I'll likely disassemble the knob and the entire front of the machine and go from there. Been looking for a fix for it since 2008.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_Fever View Post
    I orderded a new dongle for this machine, although I don't think that is going to fix anything, especially since a known working dongle has yielded the same results. I'll likely disassemble the knob and the entire front of the machine and go from there. Been looking for a fix for it since 2008.
    eBay parts machine “fixer upper” nightmare stories seem to pop up a lot lately; why you bought someone else’s problem is beyond me!

If there’s some shorted component in the shooter, you probably need a new shooter; which is hard to find. Probably easier to import a frame (also extremely hard to locate being that old not to mention outrageously expensive) Good luck on disassembling/reassembling the shooter, hopefully it’s something simple.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I took apart the shooter knob and there was another yen coin in it. This is the second yen coin I have pulled out of the knob. I installed a new dongle after putting the knob back together but the issue persists. The coin was lodged in between the plastic gear pieces of the knob. I wonder if that is significant to my problem? The next step is to completely disassemble the knob in it's entirety and try once again to identify any wires that may have went astray, or any pieces that may have been disconnected or broke.

20211126_221310.jpg

13. The following user says "Thanks" to Midnight_Fever

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If the coins are prohibiting the gears from properly turning, that is most likely the problem as it explains why it’s shooting all the way to the right when touched.

Sounds like you’ve got it. Nice job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

After 13 years I've finally fixed Hokuto No Ken. One of the gears in the shooter knob was off track just a little bit. The smaller of the two white gears. Just fired it up after putting it back together and it works. The dongle from ModernPachinko.com works great, and I am so thankful for their help!

Except now, when the knob is turned all the way it doesn't fire the ball into the gutter. The knob works, it just doesn't gather enough force on a full turn to fire the ball into the gutter. I wonder if that is normal.

20211129_130943.jpg

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

You might be one tooth out. On the most modern machines, say in the last 5 years. During jackpot the screen tells you to crank it to the max as the jackpot pocket is on the far right.

Also some machines like sea story have mirrored play fields so you can shoot down either side.

If your happy with it. Then leave it as be. Might be to your advantage.

Also on the Sankyo Lumina shooter. When at rest the internal mech makes the stop button retract. Not sure about this one.
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 11-29-2021 at 03:54 PM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2