Thread: Latest Project

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Latest Project

Well guys you may have missed me or you may have thought thank god its gone for a while but non the less iv not being as frequenter visiter as i normaly am and that usualy means theres a new project under way and this time i thought i had bitten off more than i could chew in the first part wich was move the games room but will show that later in the games room thread the reason for moving the games room was i had aquired a pinball machine and there was no way it was gonna fit in the cupbord that i had befor unless it got bolted to the roof and i used some form of anti gravity drive to keep the balls on the play field although on trying to convince 7 that a pin table was a good idea i offered to rig it on a pully so i would just lower it from the roof to be able to play.

so on to the pintable to say she needed a littel work was an understatment the machine was purchased and refurbed about 5 years ago by a friend and then got sold on and played to death nightly for that time and i dont mean a couple of balls a night i mean HAMMERED as much if not more than if it was in a bar or arcade so the playfield was wrecked with spin marks and genral pinball machine goo and rubber the 2 front flippers needed totaly rebuilding compleat with new flipper bats as one was a copy and the other was an origonal from 1992 that had shattered and there was just the flipper rubber holding it together and to say there were a few bulbs out was an understatment it was that dark minty the mouse had moved out cause he couldent see then to add to the fun and games of refurbing it the person who had it befor me decided that to help me transport it they would remove the lgs (good idea so far) then instead of unlaching the back bord and folding it on its hinges (oh no that would make my life tooo easy) they would unbolt it and remove it totaly, Now for those that dont know how a pin table works it a littel like a human as in the mechanics ie the swiches solinoids sencors ect are in teh base and yup you guessed it the brains are in teh back bord (hidden behind the score bord) so my first job was to spend 6 hours tracing wires with just a schimatic i aquired to help me (thanks dishpan) once that was done i could see what worked and what didnt and as you saw from the list above it was long and distinguished finaly aprox 2 weeks later stopping for a test run or 2 inbetween i have a totaly refurbed almost factory new all new rubbers bulbs running flippers working all singing all dancing whilliams Bride Of Pinbot and what a machine it is if you see one going at the right price grab it it isnt an easy machine ot play there for is good for home use as you wont get bord of it fast
    video and pics of the new games room coming soon

first pic is of the brains
    the second is of the glass removed with the playfield lifted up like a hood on a car

last 3 pics are of the newly refurbed playfield only thing i cant get out is the marking under the spinner to the right of the head (wich revolves revealing up to 4 difrent mini play fields one of wich is the multi ball lock i may try getting 7 to put her artistic skills to usse and toutch up the paint on the playfield where i couldent get the marking out
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

2. The following 22 users say "Thanks" to drcrippen324

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Latest Project

An awesome machine, I had the pleasure of playing yesterday - thanks to Andi & Lisa. A great job you have done there Doc
    Chris
    Pachinko : Star Wars, Julie Pinball, Super stadium, 007, Freddie Vs Jason, Haunted Mansion, Vicky Chance. Pachislo : Terminator (Original).

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Chris

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hmmmmmmm machines on pulleys.. I"LL TRY IT !!!

Beatiful "pin" Dr.C

I want to see your name on the high score table (ah ah ah keep the glass on the table)

She looks nice and clean !!! Great Job !

せぶん戦闘機 せぶん

6. The following user says "Thanks" to rubberratt

Winnipeg Pachinko Correspondent dishpan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Lookin' great Doc! Glad to help. My "Bride" gets played a lot. It can be a very fast machine and very unforgiving, and just as suddenly become just the sweetest thing. The sounds and the female voice are very well done.

With Eddie's help I've been working on my "Revenge From Mars" and "Star Wars Episode 1" games.
    If you haven't grown up by age 50 ... you don't have to!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

you did a great job Doc, well done
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I know thw Work invlove in restoring one of these.
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

Thanks
    Thanks Received

if you get stuck with episode 1 give me a shout the guy i aquired this from has already shoped otut an episode one said it was a pain in the butt at times on some of the problems it had somthing i lurned from bride is to keep the playfield waxed and wipe it over now and then and you dont get the deep marking i had to struggle to clean up

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

would love to see picks of the pulley system when you get it into place...

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Very nice indeed Doc!!

I have always had a liking for that particular Pinball Table since seeing Dishpans in the Threads

Looks like you did a great job!!
    Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by drcrippen324 View Post
    if you get stuck with episode 1 give me a shout the guy i aquired this from has already shoped otut an episode one said it was a pain in the butt at times on some of the problems it had somthing i lurned from bride is to keep the playfield waxed and wipe it over now and then and you dont get the deep marking i had to struggle to clean up
    The one I restored was the 1993 Indiana Jones.

Wound up having to get parts from 3 different Countries and I burnt up a 2 drum tumbler polishing up all the Bits.

Took seven weeks and I took around 200 pictures of it as it came apart. Made it allot easier to put it back together. Each sub assembly got a Pic with it's associated hardware. There was LOT'S of Hardware.
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

14. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i dip lucky with putting things back together

as long as i took them apart i got a fair near photographic memory when it comes to parts the guy whos car iworked on to gain this was worryed to death when i had to take the hole fromt end bumper lights radiator air con ect out and didnt take any pics for conectors ect and had to change the electric roof too with all its motors sencors ect and did the same trick all from memory it was a soft top BMW 325 M3 evolution real toy and a half got to test drive it when it was done did 80 in 2nd

Thanks
    Thanks Received

my older brother use to buy wrecked ford and mercs and rebuilt them.

he could rebuild, rewire or fix anything on them from memory,

he always had people waiting in line to buy them, he would test drive them for a few weeks to make sure all worked properly.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice machine!!! You should checkout Rob Craig's (Life after Death) vids they cover the BOP in detail.

I have to say that working on the Junkyu was a Million times harder then working on my Revenge From Mars Pinball machine. If you restore vintage Pachinkos the experience is invaluable if you ever get into pinball repair.

Both have more in common then there are differences but pinball machine specific manuals and parts can be fairly easy to obtain , Not so for Pachinko machines.
    Led Zepplin

18. The following user says "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Real nice doc.
    Seems like a nice looking machine.
    Pinball is a whole different game, and I constantly switch between my pinball and the pachinko Now you can too

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Very nice game.

Just be careful Pinballs are just as addictive as Pachis and are WAY more expensive.

This on Sunday I got a bug up my butt and decided to do the full plastic swap on my Star Trek The Next Generation.

Looks a ton better with the new plastics as the old ones were starting to yellow a bit.

I also did a little more scrubbing, the spots I missed from the first tear down.

Sometimes I think that I like fixing the machines as much as playing them. STTNG is the toughest because it uses a ton of opto switches and there is alway one that is a little finicky.
    Last edited by fast toys; 07-21-2008 at 09:18 AM.
    Rocky, King Camel, Terminator, Popeye, Sindbad Adventure, Super Blackjack, Babel, Death Valley ---- Pinball Machines: Star Trek TNG, Black Knight 2000, Theatre of Magic, Mystery Castle, Starship Troopers, SlugFast, Firepower, Baywatch, Checkpoint, Grand Prix

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK Well 2 of the side jobs I have taken on for the summer are Pinball Restorations, one is an Aadams family machine needing all new rubber, lamps and a real good cleaning and waxing and the other is a Baywatch which needs a LOT of work, I even have to replace Pamela Andersons CAMEL TOE.
    A token for your thoughts???

TEQ. http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/group.php?groupid=3

22. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to teqkng

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by teqkng View Post
    OK Well 2 of the side jobs I have taken on for the summer are Pinball Restorations, one is an Aadams family machine needing all new rubber, lamps and a real good cleaning and waxing and the other is a Baywatch which needs a LOT of work, I even have to replace Pamela Andersons CAMEL TOE.
    I have a Baywatch also, if you have any questions on how things work or the setup just let me know. Just a quick note you might want to change the right flipper coil to the more powerful one. I can't remember the # but I will take a look if you like.

I have gotten very good a shopping machines, I can do a full tear down and re-rubber in about 6-5 hours or less.

Have fun!!!
    Last edited by fast toys; 07-21-2008 at 09:42 AM.
    Rocky, King Camel, Terminator, Popeye, Sindbad Adventure, Super Blackjack, Babel, Death Valley ---- Pinball Machines: Star Trek TNG, Black Knight 2000, Theatre of Magic, Mystery Castle, Starship Troopers, SlugFast, Firepower, Baywatch, Checkpoint, Grand Prix

24. The following user says "Thanks" to fast toys