Thread: Babel CJ error

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Babel CJ error

Hi guys,

I'm new to this hobbie. I was given a BABEL machine from my brother. The unfortunate thing is I get a CJ error when I turn it on. I have looked around and know this is related to a Token jammed error.
    As far as I can tell there is no jam in the coin mech.

I have a very strong electronics background, so metering out a few things is well within my capability.
    Any help would be great.
    Thank you.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Babel CJ error

did you try manually turning the wheel at the bottom of the hopper to see if it drops tokens ok.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes I did, I can manually turn it and it will spit out tokens without difficulty.

I'm wondering if I have a mainboard problem giving me this error. What I would like to do is test out the coin drop switch but have no idea which pinins to the LED board belong to it. I may remove the mech. to trace the line, but I really don't want to if I don't have to.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

have you done a full reset??

the error should clear then. do you get the error when dropping in tokens or when hopper is paying out???

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The error is on power up. The top roller spins, I get "ERROR" across the display and CJ in the 7 segment display for pay.

I don't know how to do a full reset. I tried looking through the FAQ but found no reference. Still looking but any help would be great.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Turn the power off then turn the key on the power supply to the right.
    Turn the power back on, set the skill level with the button on the inside of the door or it may be on the power supply, if you want to change it.
    Press the reel spin knob down for a couple of seconds, then turn the key back to the left.
    leave power on, That is a full reset.

7. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It's modded with a key switch outside the power supply to change the odds... which I did to 6 just in case. Held the spinner knob down, then turned the odds switch key back. It came right back up with the same error.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

you might just get by with removing all the tokens, then spin the hopper wheel to clear the rest.
    then wipe down in the hopper, spray a small shot of wd40 inside and turn wheel by hand.
    also unplug the hopper connector and reset it.
    check for bent or tokens with rough edges too.

10. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No go. Did it all and I still get the same Error.
    I've taken the coin mech out and inspected it, all connections are in good order.
    The main PC board is showing the coin mech. registering a token drop on it via and LED. I can only surmise that the mech. is in good working order at this point.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't think its related to the hopper. Take the coin mech off and give it a good cleaning. make sure its connected securly when your done.
    Chris Dice
    Yo 11 any 7

13. The following user says "Thanks" to Chrisdice

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I took the mech. out and cleaned it.
    I pulled all the connectors off and metered the wiring, it's all good.
    The switch sems to be in good order.
    The coins moved well through the mech.

Another brick in the wall...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Did you try hitting the odds button on the door with the key in normal operation mode? If this doesn't clear your error code; you may have a bad sensor in the coin mechanism. It uses a series of sensors to track the coin. The coin must pass both sensors and not come back up. This prevents the coin on a string trick. If one of those sensors is bad; you could get this error. I believe this is the same error I received when I had a token stuck by the magnet over the first sensor.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

MrGoodBurn. Here is the manual if you do not have one yet. (Thank You Gaku)

http://www.gaktradinginc.com/01home/...spdf/babel.pdf

Babel is an Eleco Machine made in 2002. Type-A 5 lines, with a fourth reel. Max bet only.

With the error displayed, is there a token credit count amount of 1 - 50 displayed or just zero? Is it accepting tokens and counting them up 1 - 50 or just falling through back into the lower token tray?

Inside the machine on one of the PC boards is a string of LED's. You can find it by pushing the stop buttons, spin knob, max bet / bet one, two buttons and cash out button. An LED should light when each of these are activated.

There should also be LED's on that board for the coin drop sensors. Some machines use two, some three as in Death Valley.

Your Babel has two. Here are the Specs for it.:

Eleco

Two sensors

Rating 5 volts

Normally high which means the sensors have a constant 5 volts on them. When a token passes through them the voltage drops out.

Sensor "A" is the two white wires, Sensor "B" is the two green wires on the PC board connector by the sensors.

Thank you Autoslot. That's where I got that info.

Are there any LED's on that board on constantly after the machine is Powered up? Each LED should have a number by it.

Drop a token through and see if two of the LED's flash as the token passes through the sensors. They should as the token passes through the sensors which drops out the constant 5 volts as it passes by them. They may not flash due to the coin jamb being set and if the Tokens are not being credited and passing through back to the lower Token tray and not into the hopper.

You can disconnect the connector with the two white and green wires on them and check for 5 volts constant across the two sets of wires.

"CJ" is a Token jamb at the coin slot, not in the hopper. A hopper jamb would give you a "HJ" code. A token jamb in the coin slot can also give you a "CE" code.

I do not own a Bable or Eleco machine so I can't tell you the wiring for the coin Jamb circuit but those wires will also be on the same connector as the two sets of sensor wires "white and green"

If any of the LED's are on constant after the machine is powered up with the CJ displayed let us know what number LED that is. If anyone else out there owns a Babel could you check your PC board and tell us if you have any LED's on constantly after the machine is powered up.

This is from the manual.:

CJ: A token slot is jammed. Push a button at the token slot.

I'm sure you tried this already. If not try it.

Also from the manual.:

Reset: Turn the door key counter-clockwise and push the reset button
    Whatever problem you have, such as an empty hopper and a token jam, once you fix it, you have to reset the machine by two actions -- turning the door key counterclockwise and pushing the reset button. An error display remains until you reset the machine.

The reset button is also the Payout / Rate change button.

I would ensure that there is no Token trapped in the coin drop chute, Do the reset procedure. That being : turning the outside door key to the left (not the payout / change rate key inside the machine) and while holding it there press the reset button on the inside of the door.

If you could take a close up picture or two of the coin drop assembly inside of the back of the door I might be able to figure out the wiring for the coin jamb circuit. The picture Autoslot has does not show the whole assembly with a good shot of the wiring.

Let us know what you find. NIT.
    Last edited by new in town; 04-14-2008 at 07:55 AM.
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

17. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A piece of advice from an admitted novice . try covering the coin sensors on the coin mech with a piece of card board and some tape especially if the back shield is missing on the coin mech so that it only sees it own light and not some other stray light , on some machines the belly glass puts out enough light to fool the coin sensors and gives an error . you might want to unplug your belly glass lights during the test .as for the sensors you should be able to see the corresponding leds blink when you put in a token this will eliminate them if you do see the blink from each one. you might also try another type of token some machines do have a magnet in them and wont work with some tokens but its an easy fix by removing the magnet .
    Jeff

19. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

have you gotten this resolved yet? the babel machine can be tricky if someone has tried to do a "Conversion" If you want to I have the proper mechanism to take pictures of and show you how to adjust it properly for token use. The other thing that commonly happens to that coin mech is Oxydation to the metal guide mounted on the plastic chassis remove it and hit it with a little sand paper to clean it up but be careful to mark the screws on the back so you can place the guide properly. If you find you need to replace the little pack with the "Eyes" let me know I have a couple of spares. None of my current machines use this mechanism.
    A token for your thoughts???

TEQ. http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/group.php?groupid=3

21. The following user says "Thanks" to teqkng