Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Name this machine?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Name this machine?

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    These machines and parts are designed to be lubrication free for ease of maintenance and to keep the tracks and balls clean from the dust /dirt that would accumulate from lubrication residue.
    Okay. I'm finding that in actual practice the "sticking" issues aren't nearly as bad as I thought, if they exist at all. The difference between activating a switch gingerly with my finger and letting the balls do the work like they're supposed to. So I'm not inclined to worry about it just now, I'll just be mindful when I'm giving it a thorough cleaning.
    If your up to it instead of using Pipe cleaners try to remove the part or panel that is obstructing the area that you need to clean.
    Mm-kay. Are pipe cleaners a bad idea, is that why? There seem to be some areas that a) I'm not sure have a removable panel, and b) look like Q-Tips won't get there. But again, I'll know more after I try cleaning it.

Thanks again!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I know this may sound obvious, but use a level on your game to make sure your game is not leaning forward or backward off dead vertical. Do the same for tilt left or right. Make sure the door is not sagging in the frame. Otherwise, gameplay will produce ball jams on the playfield.

Welcome to Pachitalk!!!

PS: If you feel everything's fine now, you can close this thread job ticket.
    Last edited by Bilko44; 02-02-2008 at 10:46 PM.
    Dennis

I have a passion for Pachinko!

3. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Bilko44

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by clemon79 View Post
    Okay.
    Mm-kay. Are pipe cleaners a bad idea, is that why? There seem to be some areas that a) I'm not sure have a removable panel, and b) look like Q-Tips won't get there. But again, I'll know more after I try cleaning it.

Thanks again!
    The idea is that its simply better to have a full view and easy access to the track to clean it.

There is usually a way to get to the tracks ,chutes etc but sometimes you have to remove a lot of parts in order to do so.

Pipe cleaners are good for clogging debris such as leaves, dead bugs and webs..etc but I don't think they are thorough enough for ball tracks. That said their better than nothing.
    Led Zepplin

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

<Columbo> Just one more thing. </Columbo> (Okay, two more things. But I *really* wanted to do the <Columbo> gag. )

1) The 1-8 lights; my question about them got lost in all of the other discussion, I think: is their setting persistent between power cycles? That is, if it's on, 4, say, and I turn it off and back on, will it stay at 4? I've never seen it deviate from 7.

2) Is there an easy way (or, at least, a way) to obtain a replacement key for the front, in case I ever do want to put it in a cabinet?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by clemon79 View Post
    <Columbo> Just one more thing. </Columbo> (Okay, two more things. But I *really* wanted to do the <Columbo> gag. )

1) The 1-8 lights; my question about them got lost in all of the other discussion, I think: is their setting persistent between power cycles? That is, if it's on, 4, say, and I turn it off and back on, will it stay at 4? I've never seen it deviate from 7.
    Not sure about the light reset so I cant answer that

2) Is there an easy way (or, at least, a way) to obtain a replacement key for the front, in case I ever do want to put it in a cabinet?
    You can try asking Arby he may have a key.
    Led Zepplin

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Eddie

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Bilko44 View Post
    I know this may sound obvious, but use a level on your game to make sure your game is not leaning forward or backward off dead vertical. Do the same for tilt left or right. Make sure the door is not sagging in the frame. Otherwise, gameplay will produce ball jams on the playfield.

Welcome to Pachitalk!!!

PS: If you feel everything's fine now, you can close this thread job ticket.
    Believe it or not, the machines in the parlors are actually tilted back between 2 to 7 degrees. I know that last number sounds like a lot, it seems like a lot to me too. I've read that 4.5 degrees is average.

Any machine that I have with these numbers returns to the same number when power cycled.

A round key will be difficult to replace, unless you can remove the tumblers from the lock itself.
    Last edited by compirate; 02-03-2008 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Fair enough. I'll try Arby next time I see 'im in the Shoutbox.

Thanks again for the help, everyone!

(The only thread tools I'm seeing are Show, Email, and Subscribe, and then moderation tools Move and Copy. How do I close the ticket out?)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

To close a ticket simply click on the thread tools drop down and you can close or open your own thread.
    Led Zepplin

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    To close a ticket simply click on the thread tools drop down and you can close or open your own thread.
    Right. I just said, I'm not seeing that option when I click that.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry, but the close thread option seems to be disabled at this time.
    Dennis

I have a passion for Pachinko!

15. The following user says "Thanks" to Bilko44

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Bilko44 View Post
    Sorry, but the close thread option seems to be disabled at this time.
    No problem. I'll keep an eye out and close this when it's working again.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

18. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to logicprobe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2