Thread: Stops playing & can't find reset

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Stops playing & can't find reset

Other than the above I have no idea the game name of the machine.

When I play, after I get a ball in the centre roundabout thingo, lights flash and music plays and then it's game finished,unless I turn off the power and wait for about 5 minutes.

There is a led indicator centre bottom that shows the letter H

Also, I have not been able to locate a manual for the machine. And I have searched all over the thing for a reset button, I just can't find it anywhere.

Can anyone please tell me where the reset button is?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pachiball; 12-11-2007 at 12:47 AM. Reason: spelling

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Stops playing & can't find reset

Your machine is Penguin

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/loca...=26&linkid=658

Johntofva has two Penguins, perhaps he can help you out. Or you can use the search function above and just type in Penguin. You may come up with something useful.
    Dawn

3. The following user says "Thanks" to dattia

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Is it an aripachi like Apollo? it's the same case and it looks like it has the counter lights at the bottom.
    I have had trouble with Apollo not counting the played balls right or getting a ball stuck and it will lock up.

I forget where the reset is I will go look but I need to move some other pachis first

EDIT I can't find a reset on mine ether. sorry I am no help on that
    Last edited by owennewton; 12-11-2007 at 01:20 AM. Reason: updating info
    the

LLTR

Winnipeg Pachinko Correspondent dishpan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

This game is called CR Arepatsuchin (Penguin) and was introduced into the Japanese parlours by the company Taiyo, on September 24th, 2002.

This belongs to a family of games called Arepachi, a trademark owned by Taiyo Electric. They are a special class of games first made in 1972, called Arrangement Ball. They used to be very popular but because of changes in the gaming laws, their manufacture was halted until many years later in 1982, when further law changes allowed for their re-release.

They are not like your typical and more familiar, modern digital slot type Pachinko called Dejipachi, in that you have varied targets to shoot for in sequence in order to win the big payout. Each game round involves shooting only 16 balls after which the winnings are calculated and the next round is started.

There is also a separate yet interrelated game as well, using the 16 ball pockets at the bottom above the exit gate. Here the object is to hit four or more adjacent pockets to win an increasing prize amount determined by the number of pockets hit multiplied by a special x2 bonus pocket. In a nutshell, you try to maximize a rounds payout by placing the balls into the correct sequence of pockets. Four adjacent targets pays out 15 balls and the payouts work their way up from there. A ball entering target #2 will activate the 12, 13, 15 & 16 bottom pockets and the "HIT x2" pocket will activate the 11, 13, 14 & 15 bottom pockets.

There are three special targets numbered 1 through 3 and should be entered in sequence. When you place a ball through the first ball sensing target, also labeled "GO", the LED numbers are spun. When a 333 or 777 to shows up, the second target pocket, labeled "HIT" is opened. Aim for it so that you can drop the ball into the stomach chamber below the fish located in the Penguin's belly. A rotating wheel will pick up the ball and only one of five ball openings, flanked by the red markings, will take it to the top pocket, activating the bonus "Fever" round. At this time the third target labeled "ATTACK", opens. Dropping balls into the pocket labeled "HIT x2" will increase your bonus. Thereafter you keep placing as many balls as you can for the maximum bonus of 2240 balls during the 14 "Fever" Rounds. There is a maximum payout of 160 balls won per round.

These games have a more relaxed game style, and additional practice and skill is required to play them well. They make a nice change of pace from the frenzied "shoot as many balls as you can" game.

Unlike modern Dejipachi, this game does not constantly play music unless you are within a bonus round. Although an electronic sound is produced whenever a ball goes through a pocket.

This game and it's sister machine "Apollo" are among my favorites, and besides, it's got the strikingly great look.

Because this machine counts every one of the sixteen balls played per round, if one ball gets hung up or a ball sensor is disconnected or broken, the current round is never completed. Hence the machine simply waits until it counts the ball or is reset. Try manually dropping balls one at a time through all sixteen lower pockets to see if they are all working.
    If you haven't grown up by age 50 ... you don't have to!

6. The following 11 users say "Thanks" to dishpan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Angry Re: Stops playing & can't find reset

Hi all and thanks so much for all your replys, at least I now know what it is.

I only bought it as it goes with my black and yellow gamesroom, or should I say the wife picked it for that reason!

I just started the machine and it lit up.

I couldn't get any balls moving..

The meter is showing 333

The "short supply information" is flashing red

I have cleaned the payout motor and checked for any blockages.

The hopper is full as are the tracks or whatever they are called.

And after another serious look, I still can't find any buttons on the rear of the machine.
    Last edited by pachiball; 12-11-2007 at 01:49 AM. Reason: More info

Thanks
    Thanks Received

IT WORKS,

I have had this machine for 12 months.

I never knew what it was called until you guys told me, thanks.

I never knew how it worked until you guys told me, thanks.

It seems that I had the ball stop down as if it were up all the balls used to travel right down to the bottom hopper?

Anyways, I don't know what I did, however, for the first time it is paying out.

I still don't know where the reset button is, at least it's now working as intended.

9. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to pachiball