Thread: Did I ruin my machine?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Did I ruin my machine?

I just got a new machine! I believe its an 80s era Pachinko.

It came without a frame or glass!!! (Got it from ebay Japan) Guess I deserved that without being able to read Japanese.

Back to the point of this thread. I went over the machine briefly as I have no time this week to really look it over.

I gave it a few minutes worth of cleaning but not much.

I plugged the machine into the Japanese 100v transformer that I have and pop the transformers fuse went! Of course I checked all of the connections and for loose wires (where visible without taking the machine apart) installed a new fuse and POP I did it again.
    OK I thought, let me quickly pull the cover off of where the power cord entered the machine and HUH??? No transformer duh! The machine came from Japan and didnt have a transformer installed!!! On the machine where the power cord was connected it said 24v. Damn I think I killed the machine.

So what do I do? I installed a transformer and plugged it directly to the surge protector (not wanting to blow the last fuse that I have for my transformer) I hit the power switch on the surge protector and.. Lights out! I tripped the circuit breaker. Is my machine ruined because of my rush and not going over it the right way?

If not destroyed by some miracle what would cause the fuses to be blown? I cant see anything at least from the wires that I can get to.
    Led Zepplin

2. The following user says "Thanks" to Eddie