Thread: In-Laws stopped over.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default In-Laws stopped over.

Part 2 in the series after the smash hit () "Parents Stopped Over" from last weekend.

Anyway, my in-laws were in town the past couple of days, so it was time to show off the pachinko machine. We started with Julie, but my youngest daughter (another avid pachi-fan who is just 8 years old) wanted to swap cells. So after explaining the basics of pachinko to them, I took out the Julie cell and dropped in Star Wars. Things started out slow, especially after waiting for the R2-D2 dance and reboot required to get it to work, but within about 15 minutes we had a fever round going. That would be just my 2nd fever round for Star Wars since I've owned it. So my father-in-law plays through the fever round while my mother-in-law played pinball. So after the fever round, we noticed that a few of the pockets were literally impossible to get the ball in to, even if trying to put the ball in by hand. So I just slightly adjusted a couple of pins, and with my manual testing, it was still hard to get the balls to naturally go into the pockets, but they at least now were capable of doing it.

So back to playing. My father-in-law got a bunch into the main pocket, and now a few into the 10-ball payout pockets, but just a few. However, within less than 5 minutes... FEVER again! I hadn't even put the paid out balls back up top yet, so I was scrambling to load up the top with some of the 3900 pachinko balls I have. We made it through that round, and I was telling him how odd it was to get two fevers that close to each other, and then within another 3 minutes, he got a 3rd fever! What the heck? OK it was fun, but we decided to just turn off the machine so that we could reload the balls again, and ended up just leaving it off so that the next person (which will most likely be my 8-year old when she gets home from school today) that turns it on, gets a fever round.

My mother-in-law never got to play it because she didn't want to jump in for the first time right into a fever round, but she said that she wants her turn the next time that they are over.

My father-in-law thought that they were definately "neat", and while he doesn't like the randomness of it, he said that it is a nice addition to my game room. That is how it is though with these pachi's... Love them, or hate them... Enjoy them, or don't understand them...

I'm in the "love them and enjoy them" crowd. My wife is in the "hate them (because they are so loud) and don't understand them" crowd. Then again, the only games she likes are my pinball and foosball. She doesn't care for the air hockey, my MAME arcade, or the electronic dartboard. She has never liked any of the console game systems I've owned, so I stopped back with the Sega Dreamcast (still have it with all of the controllers and over 200 games). Good thing that at least she enjoys movies enough to "let" me have a home theater too.
    - Nick
    If you aren't having fun, then you aren't doing it right!

2. The following 12 users say "Thanks" to nickbuol

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: In-Laws stopped over.

Great story Nick. In my post about Maharaja, I mentioned we just hit 12 fevers in a row. That's the most I've ever seen with any of my pachinkos. My ears were ringing.

(My wife doesn't "get" pachinko or video games either. She merely tolerates my obsession. I guess it could be worse though.)

4. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to fronzdan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I read the title of this thread and thought to my self ain't nothing good gonna be in that thread ...But was drawn in to see it like a by stander to a train wreck ... don't feel bad my wife thinks a computer is just for reading horoscopes on she never has liked my machines even the mame but then again she hates video games anyway . As for my inlaws they play the machines but view them as big wastes of time and space but then again i think the same of most of them and their hobbies so i guess were equal .to each his own i guess ...
    Jeff

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You can put my wife in that 'don't like em, don't get it, too loud,' category as well!

It is amazing how much her side of the family winds up in our basement though and really enjoys the pachis.

She did get a LOTR pinball machine for me as a X-mas gift a few years back, so maybe its just a front??
    Bill
    "trying Is the first step towards failure" Homer J. Simpson

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My husband is the one that 'doesn't get it'. That's OK...he doesn't have to
    Dawn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No Comment Dawn
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Tough call LD...

bu ti think i will give you a groan on that one

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Sid

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Reminds me of the last machine I bought.

My wife said, "You're gonna get it!!"

DerbyBoy***WinningPost****SinbadAdventure*****KingCamel*****
    SuperBlackjack*****TombRaider****SpeedRacer****NeoPlanetT***
    :jester:FeverNeoQueen***StarWars*****

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    No Comment Dawn

I thought it was funny, had to go with the "thanks" on that.
    Chris Dice
    Yo 11 any 7