Thread: Another dead machine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Another dead machine

Have recently acquired a Pachislo machine (Rizmu Boys by Daito Onkyo) from a neighbor. The machine was not working when he got it and after he did some troubleshooting, he gave it to me. The machine will turn on but the only lights that come on are the front panel florescent lights. No other lights come on and no buttons are active. Per the instruction manual once the machine is powered on and it goes thru its self-test, the "insert medal" light is supposed to come on but this never occurs.

I have done the following:
    -verify 24VAC getting to power supply.
    -all 4 fuses are OK (2 on power supply panel and 1 on power supply circuit board and 1 on circuit board above reels).
    -measuring DC voltages going to the motherboard, the ones that are present are 5, 12, 24, 33. Since no documentation is available as to pin voltages, I have to assume that these are all there is.
    -disconnected and connected board cable connectors per answers on other entries on this forum.

The only other item I can think of is a "mystery connection" (see attached picture). The other ends of these wires go to a connector on the power supply. I was unable to determine the function of these connections. Perhaps someone can enlighten me as to what purpose these connections serve and do I need to do anything with them to get the machine operational.

Any other suggestions, troubleshooting items to check, general guidance, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Richard
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Another dead machine

Did you try resetting the machine?
    Led Zepplin

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Eddie

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

The mystery pins are for the overflow container. Overflowed (?) tokens fill the container and make the circuit through the pins to let the parlor know the machine is full.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

Thanks
    Thanks Received

unplug all your connections and reseat them, some contact cleaner may also help.

also do a full reset afterwards.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Did you try resetting the machine?
    Thats along the lines I was thinking, the reset key might be turned the wrong way.
    Chris Dice
    Yo 11 any 7

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks to all for the responses.
    Compirate - If you look at the attached picture the "mystery connections" don't touch the hopper. Is there a part missing?
    Eddie, Chrisdice - I was unable to find a "reset" key or switch. The attached picture shows the power supply. Switch A (press for "on", press again for "off" )goes to power supply circuit board connector labeled "key sw". Switch B (momentary switch, press for "on", release for "off") goes to power supply circuit board connector labeled "set sw". Switch A has been pressed numerous times without any results. I presume both switches are used in setting the odds.
    Luckydog - I have reseated the connectors however, I did not use any contact cleaner.

So I am still at the point where the machine is still dead. I hate to junk the machine but I guess if it can't be fixed, it will have to go. Could it possibly be the motherboard?

Richard

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the two prongs go into an overflow basket (now missing and not needed) it would catch any tokens when the hopper overflowed and once full would short the two prongs with the tokens setting off a warning to an attendant to empty the machine . this feature is somewhat useless to the home user and not needed to run the machine .my suggestion to you is to press in every connection (wiggle it around a little and see if anything comes to life .) It sounds like a loose or bad connection if you have good outputs from the power supply . if you could take some more pictures of the inside of the machine it might help a bit there should be a mother board above or behind the reel section make sure all the connections are tight and making good contact some of the connectors may have bad pins they have a tendency to break with use on and off but can usually be found by putting some English on the plug and moving it around on the receptacle a bit be carefully not to break it when doing so .
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just guessing that switch B is for the reset but then again maybe A is.

If either are, try each as if it were the keyswitch and try to reset as follows.

Turn main machine Power OFF

Turn off either A or B (Try resetting with each seperatly)

Turn Machine Power back ON

Hold down Reel Spin Knob for about 3 seconds

Turn whichever switch you had turned off back on.

See if that works. If not try both A+B at the same time but I doubt that would be the case because those buttons are usually for the Hopper to either empty it out or to pay out for each win or to hold up to 50 credits of wins and then payout.

It seems like alot of corrosion around the hopper is the rest of the machine like that?
    If so I would suggest cleaning as many electrical contacts as you possibly can with contact cleaner.

Also is there a reset switch on the machines door Lock? The reset might be there just turn the door key to the left with the machine power on if that is indeed a switch as well as a lock.

Hope this helps any. its hard to determine a problem like yours without having the machine in hand to look for things myself.
    Led Zepplin

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Eddie quote "its hard to determine a problem like yours without having the machine in hand to look for things myself. "

Eddie i'm proud of you your starting to sound like a true electronic tech already ...
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

LOL I was thinking the same when I wrote it.

I guess I should have said we need more pics to get a better idea of what may be wrong.
    Led Zepplin

13. The following user says "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Just guessing that switch B is for the reset but then again maybe A is.

If either are, try each as if it were the keyswitch and try to reset as follows.

Turn main machine Power OFF

Turn off either A or B (Try resetting with each seperatly)

Turn Machine Power back ON

Hold down Reel Spin Knob for about 3 seconds

Turn whichever switch you had turned off back on.

See if that works. If not try both A+B at the same time but I doubt that would be the case because those buttons are usually for the Hopper to either empty it out or to pay out for each win or to hold up to 50 credits of wins and then payout.

It seems like alot of corrosion around the hopper is the rest of the machine like that?
    If so I would suggest cleaning as many electrical contacts as you possibly can with contact cleaner.

Also is there a reset switch on the machines door Lock? The reset might be there just turn the door key to the left with the machine power on if that is indeed a switch as well as a lock.

Hope this helps any. its hard to determine a problem like yours without having the machine in hand to look for things myself.
    It looks like "A" the bottom one is the reset. It looks like the key was replaced with that red button. You can see the circle and the word "ON" to the right. I would try that and see if you can reset it or make sure that button is hooked up correctly. Who ever installed it might of done a poor job and a wire worked its way off.
    Chris Dice
    Yo 11 any 7

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Chris I would have to agree the A should be the reset button from its location.
    Led Zepplin

16. The following user says "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just a quick reply (have to go out of town for a few days). Have had the power supply out and cover off; wires are secure on both switches. However, maybe someone can tell me if I had a key switch and the key was turned to the "on" position, would the switch be opening a circuit or would the switch be closing a circuit?
    Richard

Thanks
    Thanks Received

it would be on just to set the odds, after setting the odds it should be off.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Did the following without any success:
    -with machine powered up, "wiggled" all connectors (motherboard, pwr sply, etc.). Did NOT twist or "warp" the motherboard.
    -did the power up/reset procedure using the reel spin lever.
    -tried all kinds of power-on combinations with the various reset buttons, push buttons, etc.
    -on inspection of motherboard noticed one chip had a seal that had been broken, it is the original chip as the seal number matches the other seal numbers.
    -on motherboard and power supply board inspection could find no obvious burnt/open land patterns.

As requested attached is a picture of the rear of the front door. I could find not another reset button.

Did take voltage measurements at power cable going into motherboard (see attached picture for pin layout). Perhaps the following will benefit other people doing troubleshooting.
    Pins 2, 4, 11, 13, 15, 17 are all DC common or DC ground.
    Pins 3 & 12 are tied together and is 24V DC.
    Pin 14 is 33V (on my meter)
    Pin 16 is 12V DC.
    Pin 18 is 5V DC.
    Pin 6 is at 5V DV and goes to DC ground when switch B (on my machine-see previous picture) is pressed.
    Pin 5 is either at 5V DC or DC ground when switch A is pressed. One depression of switch A puts pin 5 at 5V DC, the next depression puts pin 5 at DC ground, etc.
    Pin 7 goes to DC ground when hopper power connector is disconnected from power supply.
    Pin 8 is at 5V DC gut goes to DC ground when hopper over-flow contacts are connected.
    Pins 1, 9, 10 - unable to determine their function.

So at this point I still have a dead machine. Will keep troubleshooting to see if I can come up with problem(s). Will post any results.

Thanks for everyones help...
    Richard

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't see you location under your name. Where are you located ? Maybe your close to someone that can look at your machine for you.
    Chris Dice
    Yo 11 any 7