Thread: Monako Jackpot Light

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Monako Jackpot Light

I installed a light in my single shot machine.

I wanted to keep the machine simple so I chose to use a 9 volt battery for power instead of installing a transformer and then having to plug the machine in to an open outlet ha ha. So now wherever the machine is so is its power source.

Then came the quandry Always on Or Jackpot only?

I like how the machine looks with the light always on but with a battery for a power source that wasnt a good option.

What I did was make a very simple installation for a Jackpot Light using blade connectors so that with a few reconnections It can be an Always on light!

So here is a photo so that others can add a light to their machines in very simple fashion.

The 9 volt battery holder was from Radio Shack. It mounts with one screw!

The Microswitch was obtained from Happ controls its the smallest in their line as the switch needs to be light enough to be engaged by whatever part you can find to depress it in the Jackpot mech.

I had to go through 4 different switches before I found one light enough for my machine to depress without jamming the Jackpot Payout.

The way I chose to hook up the switch is that while the lever is depressed the (Circuit is open) light is off. That was the only way I could get it to work consistantly in this particular machine. (All of the Jackpot levers have lots of play and only take a feather touch to trigger the Payout)

This means that when the bar resting on the switch is lifted during a payout the circuit closes turning on the light.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Led Zepplin

2. The following 10 users say "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Monako Jackpot Light

Good deal,,But dont (JAZZ) up any more oldies are oldies
    Great job,,,,,hOW IS THE SLIDE,(HELP) action(BUTTON)
    On my 59 ,Iam having hang up(LEVER TYPE)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice way to go,,micro I mean,,,and 9v
    You are a Pachi man too
    Anyone that will take the time to restore a single ,as I do and can,deserves a hats off

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by rdmkr1 View Post
    Good deal,,But dont (JAZZ) up any more oldies are oldies
    Great job,,,,,hOW IS THE SLIDE,(HELP) action(BUTTON)
    On my 59 ,Iam having hang up(LEVER TYPE)
    I wont be Jazzing up any more Vintage Pachinkos LOL.
    As it was I was on the fence as to weather or not I should have tampered with the originality of this machine in the first place untill I remebered a Vid posted by Azlew of machines of this era in Parlors and the Jackpot lights were functioning.

My installation was made simple so that the removal of 4 screws would return the machine to Original condition without the light components.

If your asking about the button that stores Jackpots untill the Upper tray is refilled... It works as smooth as Babies you know What!

Im not an expert on Vintage Pachinkos by any means, I just have a good understanding of mechanical principles so Ill try to give you tips on what to look for on your Hanging Lever.

You probably do this anyway!

Things to check for..

Are the parts clean from dust ,dirt debris,corrosion,rust or foregin objects?

Are the parts in the correct shape to perform their function? (With some thought and observation this can be determined)

Are the parts altered or bent from correct shape ?

Do the parts require other components for their function?

Is the part broken or missing a component?

Are parts loose ,Hinge pins worn, Mounting screws loose, track slides worn or bent? Rubber washers rotted, Washers or fasteners or spacers missing?

IF parts are mounted in a Housing are they alingned or loose in the housing?

Is the housing out of alingment or bent.? Is the Housing mounting loose?

Is the housing clear of obstructions?

Are the parts obstructed by other parts or components, Electrical wires, Loose washers?

Is there friction caused by misalingnment Or by components having overtightened fastners? Are sliding components warped or bent? Are there Burrs protruding or spacers missing? Are conflicting or other bent components making contact?

Is the wood warped at friction point where the component is mounted to frame causing contact with component?

Is the machine frame true?

On these machines from my little experience its usually something very small or overlooked that causes something not to function and the best way to find it is to dismantle the assembly involved if possible then inspect and clean each component. This is all elementary.

Hope this helped in any way.
    Last edited by Eddie; 07-27-2007 at 09:13 PM.
    Led Zepplin

6. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to Eddie