A little late.......Update: Damaged Rio returned, replacement received last friday 5-4-07 (Summer Version instead of Joker Version that I wanted, 1st damaged 1 was Joker Version, last 1 they had).
I'm beginning to believe that:
#1) UPS DOESN'T CARE! Machine not shipping damaged, but box still had almost as much damage as the 1st 1!
#2) I really wonder how much of the 1st 1 was damaged in shipping and/or how much of the damage was already on the machine before shipping?
There is no way the key reset switch inside the door could have been damaged in shipping, the door remained shut, nothing could have touched it, but it was cracked in half! Other internal damage questionable!
1 issue I have is: 1st machine had on the door, opening side, replacement chrome strip up and down the whole side!
I asked Pachinko Palace (ERIC) about this and he said "he had no idea as they don't do that!"
I told him I wasn't happy with the looks of it!
Eric said: "I will personally go and pick the best machine for you!"
If this is the best, i'd hate to see the worst!
So what do they do: send me a replacement RIO that has replacement chrome strips on BOTH SIDES!
You can clearly see the edges and the corners are peeling up already!
The chrome is also extremely scratched all over the whole machine!
By the spin knob there is 3 cracks in the chrome......this is by far the worst condition machine i have received out of 6........much to my surprise also as Death Valley i got from Pachinko Palace is in excellent shape, looks brand spankin new!
I feel that I got a scratch & dent machine from them!
I got it on e-bay for $200 shipped!
Then again i got Death Valley on e-bay for $229.00 from them shipped and it's awesome!
So my questions to the group are this: Did I get a scratch & dent from them?
The belly glass, plastic over reels and LCD are ok, reels are ok, it works fine.
Should I call Pachinko Palace and complain? or for $200 should i just live with the scratched/cracked/replaced chrome?
Today 5-9-07 was the 1st day off that I had to really check the machine out!
Between the 24 on 48 off for the Fire Dept. and 8-12 hour shifts for Gold Cross Ambulance on my off days, I have been quite a busy person!
Thanks in advance for your input!