Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Star Wars Boot-Up Question

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Star Wars Boot-Up Question

Quote Originally Posted by dattia View Post
    Well, since I got mine from Arby, (TY Arby ) I know it has the correct equipment in optimal working condition. Mine worked perfectly when it was in the family room. The issue started for me when I moved it to the much cooler gameroom in the basement. At least for me, there seems to be a definite relation to temperature.
    Did you explain to the machine, that it was not being banished to a lesser room. They have feeling too . Maybe a big warm hug, would make it better and also a snuggle too. :lol8:

"This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

2. The following user says "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm up for that
    Dawn

4. The following user says "Thanks" to dattia

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Some like it hot
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Same as Dattia here. I also have an Arby Wars machine.
    Moved to the new house, The Arby Wars sets near a window. When it's cold outside, it has the boot problem. When it's not cold, it boots right up. Old house, old windows, But ultra cool new game room!
    I have the Vicky cell in it right now with no problems, So I believe it is something on the cell that doesn't like the cold.

It can't be feeling lonely, it sits with all the other machines, and has a R2D2 topper, and a poster and a light saber. Yeah it's the spoiled machine.

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Lddrizzt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Lddrizzt View Post
    Same as Dattia here. I also have an Arby Wars machine.
    Moved to the new house, The Arby Wars sets near a window. When it's cold outside, it has the boot problem. When it's not cold, it boots right up. Old house, old windows, But ultra cool new game room!
    I have the Vicky cell in it right now with no problems, So I believe it is something on the cell that doesn't like the cold.

It can't be feeling lonely, it sits with all the other machines, and has a R2D2 topper, and a poster and a light saber. Yeah it's the spoiled machine.
    I agree it is the cell I only have one lumina frame, but 5 sankyo cells & it is only my Star Wars that has ever given me start up problems. When I switch to any other cell I don't have the issue.
    Chris
    Pachinko : Star Wars, Julie Pinball, Super stadium, 007, Freddie Vs Jason, Haunted Mansion, Vicky Chance. Pachislo : Terminator (Original).

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My LOTR does much the same as these Star Wars seem to, but no problems once it is up and running. It seems that the more regularly it is used, the less problem it has starting. It is inside, so I don't think it is a temperature issue with mine.

Is there some some of capacitor inside which loses its charge if it is switched off for some time? Or am I showing my lack of electronics expertise?
    Pachinko: Be-bop High School, Lord of the Rings Pachislo: Sindbad Adventure Pinball: Theater of Magic, Twilight Zone, Hi-Lo Ace, Bride of Pinbot Jukebox: BalAMi I200M, Seeburg KD200 Allwin: Elevenses, Fill 'Em Up

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Lddrizzt View Post
    When it's cold outside, it has the boot problem. When it's not cold, it boots right up. Old house, old windows, But ultra cool new game room!
    I believe you are correct, from my experience all recent Sankyo LCD machines will have this problem if you get them cold enough. It's just Star Wars really does seem to prefer a warmer climate than the others.

It's the graphics CPU (a Hitachi SH-3) that seems to cause the problem, I would expect the non-LCD machines to have a different CPU so won't suffer from this issue. Though I don't really know what CPU the non-LCD machines use as my Vicky cell hasn't arrived yet.

Quote Originally Posted by zerothehero View Post
    My LOTR does much the same as these Star Wars seem to, [...] Is there some some of capacitor inside which loses its charge if it is switched off for some time?
    There is a memory backup capacitor in these machines, but it doesn't seem to effect this startup issue. I've got a couple of Sankyo machines that have this problem at a slightly cool but still normal room temperature, and others that you almost have to freeze to get them to start playing up.

It just seems to be luck of the draw what temperature causes the problem on your machine, though Star Wars seems to be one of the ones that is consistently on the upper end of the temperature scale.
    Last edited by daverob; 04-20-2007 at 04:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So the answer to everyone who has a Star Wars that is experiencing this issue...

Buy it a blanky..

blanky.jpg
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

14. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Tulsa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2