Thread: New arrival: Lord of the Rings!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New arrival: Lord of the Rings!

Hello again all.

After my initial purchase of a BeBop Highschool (which I am really enjoying) I have fallen prey to temptation and bought a Lord of the Rings.

It wasn't bought from a dealer, although I believe it originally came from 777 Heaven here in the UK.

It needs a good clean, but apart from that all seems fine. I have a couple of questions though...

I don't have a key for this one. The lock seems to be one of the Omron ones - I have a key for such a lock (provided with my Bebop) and it fits in OK, but doesn't turn. Is there a trick to this or do I need to do Arby's lock modification/deconstruction as detailed on another thread? If I do so, will I be able to use this key to turn it?

Other question. Volume! The Bebop has an internal pot, which is great as it gives a full range of volume. The LotR seems to have a separate volume control box plugged in inside, which has three positions = loud, very loud, and deafening. Is there any other way of controlling the volume. I don't mind putting in some inline controls like I have seen here - are they available (with idiot proof instructions!) in the UK?

Final question (I promise!) - I am running out of Novus 2. Where is best to get it again, in the UK?

Sorry for all the noob questions!

ZtH
    Pachinko: Be-bop High School, Lord of the Rings Pachislo: Sindbad Adventure Pinball: Theater of Magic, Twilight Zone, Hi-Lo Ace, Bride of Pinbot Jukebox: BalAMi I200M, Seeburg KD200 Allwin: Elevenses, Fill 'Em Up

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New arrival: Lord of the Rings!

Well done on the LOTR, I saw that on Ebay last week & you didn't have far to go to collect it :lol8:

I bought Robocop from the same seller a few months ago & saw he had the LOTR, but at the time he didn't want to sell it.

Volume controls are easily fitted (trust me I was a complete novice at it). If you do a search on here you find various threads about the different types.
    Chris
    Pachinko : Star Wars, Julie Pinball, Super stadium, 007, Freddie Vs Jason, Haunted Mansion, Vicky Chance. Pachislo : Terminator (Original).

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Chris

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the only place i could find novis is ebay dont know ware else sells it
    but i should have some cell cleaner and wax comeing from japan might be a few weeks for it to arrive though

and yes the lock does need moddified

5. The following user says "Thanks" to deano

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by zerothehero View Post
    I don't have a key for this one. The lock seems to be one of the Omron ones - I have a key for such a lock (provided with my Bebop) and it fits in OK, but doesn't turn. Is there a trick to this or do I need to do Arby's lock modification/deconstruction as detailed on another thread? If I do so, will I be able to use this key to turn it?
    ZtH
    If you do you can than use the same key
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

7. The following user says "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have LOTR in the purple victory frame. I think it's a great looking machine and fun to play. The lock mod worked fine for me and I use my Star Wars key with it. No Problem.
    Youngjedi

9. The following user says "Thanks" to Youngjedi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by deano View Post
    the only place i could find novis is ebay dont know ware else sells it
    Best place for novus in the UK is pinball parts dealers. Both of these places are good to buy from, and I have ordered from them many times.

http://www.pinballheaven.co.uk/shop/...hp?cPath=26_29

http://www.pinballmania.co.uk/cleaners.htm

Novus 1 is the cleaner, and novus 2 is good for polishing up the plastic case, and removing the fine scratching that appears on heavily used ball paths. You don't really need novus 3 on a pachinko machine.

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hmm - hope this doesn't turn out to be a double post - I just tried to enter this and it looks like I lost it!

Just to answer my own post at least partially. For those of us in the UK, I have found some 1K Cermet pots that are I think the ones recommended as volume controls. On Ebay (.co.uk) item number 220064127579 - £2 for 5. I have just bought 2 sets (10 pots) for just over a fiver with postage. I'll let you know how they turn out - hope this helps someone!

Cheers - ZtH
    Pachinko: Be-bop High School, Lord of the Rings Pachislo: Sindbad Adventure Pinball: Theater of Magic, Twilight Zone, Hi-Lo Ace, Bride of Pinbot Jukebox: BalAMi I200M, Seeburg KD200 Allwin: Elevenses, Fill 'Em Up

13. The following user says "Thanks" to zerothehero

Thanks
    Thanks Received

And just to finish the thread...

The Ebay pots arrived, and even with my rather basic soldering skills I managed to install them successfully in about 20 minutes, most of which was spent looking for my soldering iron.. Easy to do and I no longer get deafened. If you are at all handy and your machine is too loud, just do it ! I can still increase the volume by using the three position switch inside, so nothing has been lost.

I also carried out Arbys lock mod, so I can now open the machine from the front. Again, it was easy and quick to do. Thanks Arby!

Now it needs a good clean and a proper cabinet building for it and it's done - looks like I have one blue led out on the frame though :0(

Later all - ZtH

15. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to zerothehero

Thanks
    Thanks Received

check the cabinetry section in the museum for cabinet ideas
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

17. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by zerothehero View Post

I also carried out Arbys lock mod, so I can now open the machine from the front. Again, it was easy and quick to do. Thanks Arby!

Later all - ZtH

You are very welcome
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

19. The following user says "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks - I am three quarters of the way through building a cabinet anyway. Most of the ideas pinched from exactly there! The original plan was to mount one cabinet on the wall, then swap two or three machines in and out of it at intervals. Unfortunately, I now think that I want both machines available to play at all times so that idea might be dead. I have no more wall space left (really I dont!) so I might alter my plans and make a couple of table standing cabs.

Thanks! ZtH