Thread: Taiyo Electron Has Arrived

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Taiyo Electron Has Arrived

This is a rare Taiyo Electron Pachinko machine and what appears to be an enigma amongst the membership as it was to me before the work I have done with it. It had no manuals, Instructions, Schematics, Blueprints etc
    All that I have learned about it was by just working on it. I still have yet to figure out the exact gameplay but if anyone knows about it please step up.
    About the machine
    This machine uses tokens for operation. It has 15 balls within that are used for play and never need to be touched. After inserting 1 token into the slot the 15 balls roll into the shooter area as can be seen in the photo and the machine resets itself.
    In the center of the machine cell is a Window with 4 rows of 5 numbers At the begining or each row are arrow shaped boxes containing Japanese Characters and math formulas pointing to its row of numbers. Behind the boxes and numbers are lights.
    On the bottom of the cell is a long row of continuous pockets 16 in all and numbered as such. A ball landing in one of the pockets lights the corrisponding number in the aforementioned window.
    There are 4 Tulips and a ball entering a Tulip simply returns to the shooter area. Should it do more?
    Above the Numbered window are 3 pockets each with a colored verticle arrow pointing down White, Red and Blue again with Japanese writting.
    A ball entering one of these pockets illuminates the corrisponding colored arrow on the numbered center window, not the ROW.
    A ball in the bonus illuminates the upper left Round light. The upper right being the low hopper light. It is what now I believe to be the Jackpot mode!
    There is a button on the left front side of the machine labled Bonus. Depressing that causes the light to go off???????
    There is a play key on the lower laft face of the machine but it is In Japanese getting this translated will be a huge step in solving the functions of the machine.
    After the 15 balls have been shot and the correct sequence hasnt been reached the game play is over.

Now on to the fun stuff....
    I just bought it and received it about a day after Super Flash arrived.
    I will try to go into detail about the machine and the process I am undertaking to repair and restore it so that members will have some idea of what they may encounter if they see one up for auction and might be interested in obtaining one for themselves.
    I was led to the machine from a post of one of our members (RDKMR1) that had seen it on Craigslist.
    It was a private sale and I was told that the machine functioned perfectly with the only damage being that the coin tray was broken off and missing.
    I could live with that as I know I can make if not find in the future a suitable replacement.
    The machine arrived destroyed!!!!!!!! it was packed in a box the size of the machine with a piece of card board in front of the cell.
    the damage list as follows.....
    Broken cell glass
    Broken frame,Wood cracked and hinges broken off.
    Dissloged Main Board ,Secondary Board and relays from same boards.
    Disloged hopper and broken hopper assembly
    Broken Case back
    Dislogged shooter parts
    Disloged Transformer and torn wires
    Minor scratching of row of sequenced pockets at numbers 8 and 9 from glass.
    Cell Numbered window lights broken

First thing that had to be done was to remove the glass and the minute fragments from every part of the machine. This step alone took around 8 hours as it found its way into every thing. It even caused the Door to not open as glass locked the mechanisim so the rear of the case had to be removed for access. The Tulip assemblys to the micro switches, the shooter, The Pockets and ballways etc. All locked or clogged with glass fragments.
    Literally every component had to be taken apart to be cleaned.
    What to do? Simple the wood frame was history so I made an all new one and back. With everything off of the machine I could really clean out the smoke tar, crud and finally remove all of the glass.
    Once that was finally done it was time to put it together, about 2 days alone in cutting wood with a hand saw and figuring out what went where and how each component worked cleaning strenghtining and fabricating (Mostly the metal hopper assembly) painting,Rewireing and glass replacing I have Taiyo Electron almost.
    I say almost as I have the lights functioning and the coin in and machine reset and start up working! I have the Hopper solenoid working and it pays out when triggered from the appropriate micro switch.
    Now here is the problem. On the main board is a motor which I have discovered is what causes the hopper to payout the correct amount of coins according to whatever sequence is hit for a payout. It can be started by hand to rotate and it begins to move and rotates 180 degrees all the while causing the hopper to shoot out coins untill it reaches its 1/2 revolution. The motor has yet to move on its own by hitting any bonus pocket and or combination of lights.
    The Relay triggerd by getting a ball in the Bonus pocket, which intern, should start the motor rotation gets extremely hot!! Short? too much Voltage?
    I have played a sequence that when after the 15 balls have been played and I insert another coin, the machine resets, starts and pays out one coin.
    This seems to be a proper function.
    I will find out why the relay is over heating but without knowing how to play the game and what sequence needs to be hit to get a payout it is very hard to determine what could be wrong if anything with the electrics.
    Its very near completion and soon will be. (SOONER if anyone has info on it to share).
    Its a very different thing to play sort of like a Palot in reverse. Its nice not having to rig something for the balls such as trays or lifters etc.
    Its very compact and very, very light weight.
    It holds only about 50 tokens any more than that and the tokens slide over the hopper (TUBE) and drop into the machine case or out to a large collector in a Parlor. If the machine payed out up to 3/4 of its total every coin inserted for play, up to the max of 50, refills it. Pretty clever. Otherwise the low hopper light illuminates for the attendant to fill it back up.
    How did the parlor operators cope if it did payout past 3/4 often?
    As you can see from the photos its an ingeniously simple machine but figuring it all out without ever having seen one was time consuming.

If anyone has info on the board or anything on gameplay or even parts Like a tray that might fit. Please post it here for myself and the members.

I went into this detail only because not much seems to be known about this machine. I will post all pics on more than this thread as there are a few.

Hope I didnt take advantage of post sapce please let me know if I did Tulsa

Hope you guys like this type of machine feel free to ask any questions and I will answer as best as I have the ability.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Eddie; 03-16-2007 at 10:19 PM.
    Led Zepplin

2. The following 17 users say "Thanks" to Eddie