Thread: Rio de Carnival - Damaged in Shipping?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Rio de Carnival - Damaged in Shipping?

My Rio de Carnival just arrived and I believe it incurred some damage during shipping, but I'd like to run a few questions by a fellow Rio de Carnival/Net owner just to be sure.

As you can see from the pics, my hopper is in two pieces. This is supposed to be one piece, right? I wasn't having much luck trying to snap in the top piece with the bottom.

Also, the belly glass should light up when the machine is turned on, right? If so, then maybe I have a missing or disconnected or broken bulb. Do I simply unscrew the silver token chute to gain access to this bulb?

I also had a few random parts lying on the inside of the bottom of the machine, but it doesn't seem like the game play has been adversely affected by them.

Thanks for your help!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Rio de Carnival - Damaged in Shipping?

ok random parts are part of a strip light wich is what lights teh belly glas so that answers why your belly glass dosent light up the hopper in throry should slide back together from right to left but not 100 % so that is trial and error
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

3. The following user says "Thanks" to drcrippen324

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've never tried taking the hopper apart before but it might be possible that it's okay. If it's not broken off, then it should be held in place by the plastic bracket with the two screws in front.

The belly glass is accessed by pressing down on two silver tabs at each end from the inside, these are not shown in your picture but easy enough to spot, just press them down and in. The belly glass is just a simple fluorescent bulb.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

5. The following user says "Thanks" to Tulsa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

To gain access to the belly glass bulb you just need to look for the clips on the inside door that removes the chrome/plastic housing that the belly glass is in and depress the top two clips and it should easily remove the frame and belly glass. I found a replacement bulb at my local Home Depot.
    PACHISLO: POPEYE, SONIC LIVE, DRAGON DICE, RIO DE CARNIVAL, MU MU WORLD DX, KING CAMEL, SPIN LUCK, SUPER BLACKJACK, BETTY BOOP, SINDBAD ADVENTURE, TOP GUN, DEATH VALLEY, NEO ZETZ, YOSHIMUNE (x2), OSU BANCHO, SECRET TREASURE, DANCE MAN & BANG BANG DASH.

7. The following user says "Thanks" to 01PyTypeR#1140

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Congrats on the Rio purchase. I see you have the summer version. I have the SBJ but wanted the Rio Black version. I also have some damage. Working it out with vendor. On the hopper. look at the front of the hopper. There should be a plastic piece held on with two screws over ware the tokens would be ejected out. This holds the two halves together. To separate the halves there are supposed to be four plastic keepers on the top half that when you turn it a bit lets you take it apart. When it is put back on they hold it together and the plastic piece keeps it from being turned. I looked at mine and one of the three plastic keepers are broken off.
    On the belly glass. The front cover of the belly glass can be taken off to get to the bulbs. It has two snap in parts at the top of its frame and two that hook into at the bottom. From the inside you can see the top ones on the far right and left. One just to the left of the token excerpter and the other the fare right. Push them down gently and push out. You then will have to lift up on the frame to get it to come all the way off. You will then be able to see the two small long thin bulbs. Check to see if they are seated properly. The four yellowish caps are to help hold them in on the ends. All of mine are off. Two were laying inside of machine when it arrived. Also check its connections. The board that the bulbs are on lifts up then you can lift it out. There is a connection on back. Then you will also want to check the connection of ware that wire go's to. It connects up at the top just above the video screen. If you need pict. I will take them and post.

9. The following user says "Thanks" to Lazarus

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi,

like they said the hopper should just go back together unless there is broken parts, also yes the other parts are from the light either in the belly glass or above the reel glass. I might have a hopper in parts stock, i do hav ethe bulbs, but you can get them at any electrical supply house. Contact me for any other info. Hope all goes well.

Jeff
    Jeff Ronco