Thread: Topper idea... Cool original maybe hehehe

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thumbs up Topper idea... Cool (original maybe hehehe)

I am sorry if this has been thought of in the past.... what can I say, I thought of this last night and am thinking perhaps it's an original idea!

I was searching different things on the internet last night and came across those little laser crystals with the led bases. Well in search of a few different ones (was looking for a frog for Neo Magic Pulsar and maybe a Popeye or something and maybe something kind of Rio'ish) I did find everything that I was looking for plus they carry alot of Boop stuff (in the 3" and 6" crystals)

This place has alot of 3" ones but when you get to the 6" the choices are a little more limited. The more deluxe LED base is AC and comes with the adapter so it work nicely in the surge strip for off and on with the machine.

Anyway here's the site: http://www.createwindow.com/store/crystals/index.htm

There are a ton more sites that carry these so do some searching! as I am sure they probably carry some different ones.

http://www.createwindow.com/store/cr...ges/popeye.jpg

http://www.createwindow.com/store/cr...booponmoon.jpg
    http://www.createwindow.com/store/cr...odluckfrog.jpg

Sorry to ramble on but I thought it was kind of an interesting idea (these things look really cool when the LED's are on)... My wife has 3 winnie the poohs and an angel one we use them as night lights!
    PoPeye / Rio de Carnival / Neo Magic Pulsar / Sinbad Adventure / Fist of the North Star / Death Valley / The Cross "Dracula" Pinballs: TZ, RFM, SWE1, LAH, STTNG, TOM

2. The following 12 users say "Thanks" to gottac

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Topper idea... Cool (original maybe hehehe)

I am bringing this one step up now... I have plans for a large tomatoe paste can that I will be working into the mix...... just imagine a tomatoe paste can, a led light crystal ornament!!! lol sounds like a Mc Giever deal huh??

I will keep you posted in the next week or so when my stuff comes in to complete the topper.

This topper should come out super cool.... and if not the trash is only a few feet away!!! Or I shall take the plasma or welder and destroy it! hahahahaha

Stay tuned!!

John
    Last edited by gottac; 02-16-2007 at 01:17 AM.
    PoPeye / Rio de Carnival / Neo Magic Pulsar / Sinbad Adventure / Fist of the North Star / Death Valley / The Cross "Dracula" Pinballs: TZ, RFM, SWE1, LAH, STTNG, TOM

4. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to gottac

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This laser crystal things are cool, but kind of expensive. If you look hard enough, you may find some vendors what will put custom images in there for you. I know you can get them done of your face, so why not?

Cool idea!

I have these on a couple of my machines...just a colored glass orb with air bubbles in it, sitting on a light base. The price is sure right..
    http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/store...umber=90065662

I may try mounting a mini disco ball to my Maharaja cabinet somehow.

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to fronzdan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Those orbs are a cool idea... I am running out of machines for toppers, guess it is time to buy more machines!!

By the way the laser things are only $5 too, the price does go up alot though if you do a custom one.