Thread: Help please!!! Shooter problems??

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Help please!!! Shooter problems??

Hi,

I got my first pachinko machine yesterday (Galaxy Railways) and I think I'm having a problem with it but I'm not sure please help me.

I think that the problem is that the handle for the shooter is bad or something, the reason why I say that is because when I turn the handle clockwise the shooter doesn't work all the time, It seems like I have to play with it a little to get it going or that is delayed. (If I shake the handle a little it will start right away)

Also after reading some of the other posts I got the impression that the more you turn the handle the faster the shooter should be shooting the balls in other words I should hear the soother spit the balls out faster if I turn the handle all the way to the right than if I only turn it to the right slightly. Is this true?

Right now when I turn the handle all the way to the right I hear the shooter shooting balls at the same rate and not faster. (I dont see the balls comming out of the top of the machine into the playfield faster either)

I just want to know if this is normal or If I have to get the handle mechanism replaced or cleaned.

Thanks

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Help please!!! Shooter problems??

ok first answer is when you hold the shooter there is a metal ring around teh back of teh shooter you need to make sure your hand is touching the metal ring as if it dosent teh shooter will stop hence it seems liek teh shooter is only working some times

answer 2
    the further you turn the shooter handel the harder the hammer hits teh balls so if you turn it all teh way you will see that the balls go slightly further in to the play field than if you turn it slightly and if you only turn it a smidge then you wont get any balls on the field at all but it will not increase the freaquency that they enter in to the play field

hope this helps a little
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks

Now that you mention that It seems like when I turn the handle all the way it feels like the shooter is hitting the balls harder than if I just turn the handle slightly.

Is that the normal operation?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by tenoch View Post
    Thanks

Now that you mention that It seems like when I turn the handle all the way it feels like the shooter is hitting the balls harder than if I just turn the handle slightly.

Is that the normal operation?
    Yes that is normal
    Chris
    Pachinko : Star Wars, Julie Pinball, Super stadium, 007, Freddie Vs Jason, Haunted Mansion, Vicky Chance. Pachislo : Terminator (Original).

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just to clarify, the shooter knob has a metal part that has to be touched and grounded by a person or it will not fire balls, sometimes it is a metal ring others have the knob made of metal. some shooters need to be cranked up the first few shots then dialed back to your sweet spot. I had a machine that way for awhile anyway. I have another that will send balls into the play field without actually twisting the shooter knob I just have to touch the metal ring.
    Cheers,
    Mike G
    Mikes Woodshop click on my game room link at bottom of page

Thanks
    Thanks Received

And then there's what I call the shooter "pause" button, which is on every modern pachinko I own. You should see a little tab or button on the back of the shooter knob which will pause the ball launch mechanism when you press it....even if the knob is turned. This is so you can hold a certain launch speed but temporarily stop the flow of balls.

It doesn't sound like this is happening to you, but there is another reason the launcher will stop shooting balls all of a sudden. If your payout tray is filled and backed up into the machine with balls, the launcher will cut out. You'll know this because someone will start screaming at you in Japanese.

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to fronzdan