Thread: Help!!! Elvis machine not working.....

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Help!!! Elvis machine not working.....

Hello everyone. I'm in desperate need of some technical assistance to get my newly purchased Elvis machine to work. I am able to insert tokens ok and the machine will even make the appropriate sound/noise when a token is entered. After that, I can't get it to do anything. There are two silver betting buttons on the front of the machine - one is a max bet button and the other is a one bet button. When I push either of these buttons, nothing happens. As a result, nothing will happen when I attempt to push the black knob down to start the reels. It would seem my problem might somehow relate to these betting buttons....but I'm not sure of that.

I'm familiar with resetting pachislo machines and I have attempted to do so on countless occassions. There are two "on/off" switches on the inside, one of which is the on/off for the machine and I believe (?) the other is the reset switch. I have tried setting these switches in various positions....and I've held the black knob down as is common when resetting other machines.......but I've come up empty every time.

I've attached a few pictures of the machine. I would appreciate any suggestions that anyone has. Thank you!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Help!!! Elvis machine not working.....

On the inside of the machine, find which plug the bet button is connected to and pull that out. Take a small screw driver and "short" out the pins on the computer board to see if the problem is the buttons or the board. If it is the buttons, then you simply need to clean them. If it is the board, then most likely you have a loose ribbon cable someplace or the cable is cut. Try changing the skill level to see if that works. That is a very simple machine to diagnose. Good luck! That puppy is worth about $800 on the retail market today...Milt

3. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Stealth

Thanks
    Thanks Received

also check your reel stop buttons to make sure one of them is not stuck.

5. The following user says "Thanks" to birdbrain

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Milt!! I think I've isolated the problem to the max bet button plug. When I pull out that plug from the board, I am now able to push the single bet button, push the knob down, and start the reels spinning......so this is a great start.....I can actually play the machine in single bet mode.

When I put the max bet button plug back into the board, it will quickly bet three tokens (for instance, the token credit counter decreases from 50 to 47), however, when I push the knob down I can't get the reels to start spinning. The machine is unplayable until I pull the max bet button plug back out and then I can continue playing in single bet mode.

Does anyone know if this means that I have a "board" problem related to this button? Are there any suggested fixes?

Thanks again.....I was so disappointed when this beautiful machine arrived and I couldn't even get it going.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

it means the max bet button is stuck on you need to clean it ,push down the button and hold it in then clean the inside ring of the button then let go try it a few times to make sure it doesn't stick again. apply a little silicone spray lubrication and it will move freely for a long time .
    Jeff

8. The following user says "Thanks" to alstonj1