Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Magic Lamp 79.99 BIN

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Magic Lamp 79.99 BIN

Quote Originally Posted by compirate View Post
    I hear ya there! It's too bad we all don't have them that close. If this Ice Age will abate for a while I might get over there to get mine (it's an early birthday present from a family member - I'm registered at Samarauislots!) (might have you stow it away for me, ocpachinko!).

The prices they're selling for are bargin basement. You can't pay Yugo prices and expect a Ferrari. You sure aren't gonna get an Arby 'just slapped on the butt' newborn for that low (unless Arby really feels like taking the hit). The handful of us that have imported directly are floored by these prices.

I expect a fully functioning machine when I buy (although the fixer-uppers are fun now and then!) but how many people have had a problem with a machine after their inital purchase (after it's all unpacked, checked and played a few months)? I have mechanicals from the 50's that the lights still work.

I don't feel that their prices for 'parts' will be too bad. Glad to know there will be a source for pachinko parts.

Say it ain't so!!!!!!! I think we've all said that before.
    (I assume you mean the last machine you bought before you buy another one?)
    Your right its the last one I received. I have them coming out my ears right now, NO place for them YET but hey will have a proper home soon enough. I think the ball lifters and enclosed stands will make these more mainstream. No I did not say that did I?
    Cheers,
    Mike G
    Mikes Woodshop click on my game room link at bottom of page

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by johntofva View Post
    Gee........After I decide to buy my first machine in a year (and from them), you guys come up with this thread. Now I will not be able to sleep until I get my machine...................Of course if there is something wrong with it, I think the Lumina frame manual covers it......And of course I have you guys!!
    I wouldn't worry John, as far as I know, everyone here that's bought from them has been very satisfied. They aren't quite perfect, but I think they are learning and listening to suggestions.

3. The following user says "Thanks" to fronzdan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I got my Lassen World form them in Oct. and I couldn't be happier.

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

5. The following user says "Thanks" to Lddrizzt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by fronzdan View Post
    I wouldn't worry John, as far as I know, everyone here that's bought from them has been very satisfied. They aren't quite perfect, but I think they are learning and listening to suggestions.

I have to agree. I really don't think that any vendor would say that if a light bulb or led was not working upon delivery that you would have to buy the replacement part to make it work properly.
    But just in case I am wrong that they don't mean that...I have written them asking them to explain what they mean.

7. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to azlew

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well it's really great for those that live close and aren't investing the additional $90 in it to ship it to them isn't it!

For the rest of us without that luxury I require some type of warranty to protect me from a machine that will lose it video screen or the shooter motor dies, regardless of what I paid for it.

They simply state in their current ads, you have 7 days to complain then you get pricing to fix whatever. That's tantamount to a used car dealer with a 30 minute 30 mile warranty. I could care less about what anyone perceives is possibly their intent. It says what it says and that's all they have to stand behind.

It sucks pure and simple and you can put perfume on that pig but it's still a pig.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

9. The following user says "Thanks" to Tulsa

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa View Post
    That's tantamount to a used car dealer with a 30 minute 30 mile warranty.
    Well, you are buying a $2,000 machine for $200.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa
    you can put perfume on that pig but it's still a pig.
    But that would be a sweet smellin' pig! And later, you'd have chops, ham and bacon!

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No, I'm buying a $200 machine for $200. I'm not getting a new machine from the manufacturer.

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

No, I'm buying a $200 machine for $200. I'm not getting a new machine from the manufacturer.
    "That's tantamount to a used car dealer with a 30 minute 30 mile warranty."

And you aren't getting a new car from a 'used' car dealer.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes and I don't buy those with that kind of warranty either.

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Tulsa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

regardless of what I paid for it...It sucks pure and simple and you can put perfume on that pig but it's still a pig.
    Tulsa, I suspect you're an honest and fair customer. I think that CF could have it's old policy for the prices they sell for if they didn't sell to dishonest or unfair customers. I can only see three options:

1) Raise the prices to the old texasauction levels and have a total coverage policy
    2) The current policy of low price and helping upon arrival, but not over time
    3) Find a way to not sell to unreasonable people and have total coverage at low (but not this low) prices

If they've just hired, their costs just went up substantially; prices will need to adjust. So maybe they're considering your comment.

What you've made me realize is that I just don't like subsidizing the exploiters, and so far I haven't had to. But that will probably change...
    [D] means [developement] [doramatic] [demention] and [design]

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have a fourth option for you...

4) They begin to sell their product here and provide the PachiTalk members a quality warranty. You eliminate the unreasonable people almost instantly. Ads are free unless it sells, then it's only 3% to the house less the shipping charged. A much better deal than fleabay and a much better clientèle to sell to.

17. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Tulsa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Tulsa,

I like that fourth option; I think it would be fine if they just set a fair buy-it-now price for the machines with the warranty incorporating their costs and forget about auctions that end at $30 (and this from a guy who has won those $30 auctions!).

On Pachitalk listings like that I might not get as big a 'bargain' but your concerns would be addressed.

I think you should provide them with a written proposal! As a Japanese company, I imagine they would expect a formal offer explaining your (low) costs and providing a legal framework that they could work in (as eBay does). If you could get someone to translate the letter you would be very well off, indeed!

If the hobby grows (and I think you both have an interest in that! ) you both would benefit.

This could be exciting!
    [D] means [developement] [doramatic] [demention] and [design]

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well then, all we need now is Rupan to translate it!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by ocpachinko View Post
    ....I think you should provide them with a written proposal! As a Japanese company, I imagine they would expect a formal offer explaining your (low) costs and providing a legal framework that they could work in (as eBay does). If you could get someone to translate the letter you would be very well off, indeed!

If the hobby grows (and I think you both have an interest in that! ) you both would benefit.

This could be exciting!

I would love to see more dealers properly embrace pachitalk.com auctions also.

But this stuff that we have to embrace their language to do business with them here even tho they are operating here in the US is a bit beyond what a lot of people would feel reasonable. They need to get a translator and get their act together. After all they have a US location and I imagine they are paying taxes here also?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I heard back from them and this is what they said regarding any led's or lights not working upon delivery :

it depends if you receive it burn out for the first time we will replace it.just let us know as soon as you recieved it.
    So at least they cover the leds and light bulbs for the first time you turn on the machines.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sounds as if they will essentially cover a person for a short time -- about a week for bulbs, etc. That said, how many people have things break on their machines after they get them set up and not moving them around any longer? I've never had a thing go wrong on any of mine.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hmm, if that's the case, maybe we should shut down the pachinko support forum?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Actually that is exactly why the support forum would be really needed. To assist those who might not know how to fix problems with their machines.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What for if nothing breaks after a week?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What for if nothing breaks after a week?

Base on what they said ; You officially are SOL with them but it sounds like a few people here have an in with them so you would need to use the power of pachitalk for help I guess

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast