Thread: DRM just arrived need tips

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default DRM just arrived need tips

The DRM just arrived this morn but there are 3 things that need addressing
    1 the ball shooter is cracked does anyone know of where to get a spare one?
    Its just cosmetic but I want it to look the way it should. I contacted Samurai
    but They will be busy for the next few days so I wont expect a reply soon.

2 The pins are not alinged over this shoot the one on the right goes out and up the one on the left goes out and down. What is the best way to get them alinged? What tools would you use?

3 The pins have lost their sheen from I suppose being in a place with damp dust. How would you go about cleaning them and what would you use? Looks like it will be a lot of work with Q tips.

I just threw this out really quickly because I dont have the time to look this stuff up. I cant even work on the machine for a few days. I only gave it a 5 min lookover turned it on and thats it. So no time for a real test or cleaning either ( Have to do the Xmas Decorations and that holiday stuff) I rather work on the machine!!!!

Thx to all in advance for the help. Arby if you have a replacment please contact me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Led Zepplin

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: DRM just arrived need tips

Sory for your bad luck see if the seller will RMA replace it The pinheads are the most visable soa quick rub with a Classic cloth shiens these right up, you being a Cycle guy should know where to get a classic cloth, really great on shining dull chrome and brass. I bend the brass nail with my fingers, if I can reach them a small tube or socket or elect tape wrapped pliers will work well.
    Cheers,
    Mike G
    Mikes Woodshop click on my game room link at bottom of page

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to slothappy144

Thanks
    Thanks Received

How to adjust the nails is in the tips forum and I have the tool to adjust the nail, so you don't break them.

Sorry I don't have that machine, I sent one to firewire two or three years ago.
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It's a cool machine with nice play. Where those pins are bent it might actually make game play a little more fun (more wins). You have to get 5 balls in (one after each reel spin) to get to the bonus round. i.e. Get one in the reels spin and before they and the music stops you need to have another one in and so on and so fourth until you have all 4 spots filled (look at the bottom of the LCD to see your progress). Then it goes to bonus. And for the life of me, I have had this machine for a couple of years now and I have yet to figure out if the large button on the left actually controls the reels or not! I am pretty sure it doesn't, but sometimes I wonder.

Try and shoot just before the middle of the board so that the balls drop down the dragons neck. This will give you almost a guarantee into the win pocket. It's just getting it into the dragon's mouth that is tricky. I will mention it is very important to have this machine level both left and right and front and back. I had to use a shim because the balls would drop out of the dragon and always roll left.

You will like the light show! The dragon and crystal ball light up nicely!

As for parts Arbycoffee will be the best source on helping you with that. And pin adjusting, again I wouldn't worry about the ones you showed in the picture.

For Pin shine there is a rotary type tool you could buy and try, but in many cases I have found the heads can be polished, but not the longer pin part due to difficulty and access.
    Firewire

7. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Firewire

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Firewire,
    The large black button is for when the 1-2-3-4 reserve at the bottom of the screen, light up and start flashing, the machine makes a noise and you have to push the button and it gives you a guaranteed reach! It's a GREAT machine! I love mine!
    Jerry

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to portercbl

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you can't get one of Arby's tools quick enough, try a small hex nut driver. Just slip it over the nail and gently bend it the way you want. Be careful not to push the tool up against the playing surface though.

I'd have Samurai replace that cracked shooter knob though. Geez, I hope my machine coming from Samurai doesn't come damaged.

Sorry slothappy...what's a "classic cloth"? I could use something like that to shine up a few pins myself. Is it something that's mildly abrasive?

11. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to fronzdan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Classic cloth #9 on page along with a few other great products we mention on occasion. link
    Cheers,
    Mike G

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to slothappy144

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I hit it just in case, but I never really thought it was doing anything. lol!

Quote Originally Posted by portercbl View Post
    Firewire,
    The large black button is for when the 1-2-3-4 reserve at the bottom of the screen, light up and start flashing, the machine makes a noise and you have to push the button and it gives you a guaranteed reach! It's a GREAT machine! I love mine!
    Jerry
    Firewire

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just a quick Follow up. I arrived home today to find a Package from Samurai
    Its an almost new DRM replacement shooter knob!!!!. Jake came through I hope to install it over the weekend. I have seen some posts with people having concern about Samurai but I dont think they should worry. If they come through for one customer why wouldnt they come through for all?
    Led Zepplin

16. The following user says "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've only needed light bulbs for my purchase, but Jake did come through. He was pleasant and did his job.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just installed the new Ball shooter knob and it was very tricky without a manual or any info. I had to drill one hole that would be invisible so no harm done (its in the back of the machine behind the ball shooter mech) to access a post that holds it to the machine. normally you would have to remove the entire front bottom half of the machine to get to it. Im suprised they just didnt have a hole where I drilled for quick service. You have to remove the shooter PC board and the entire shooter Mech from the back including the motor to get to this one post.
    There is a screw on the bottom front of the knob that must be removed as well. once the screw and the post clips are squeezed back it is just a very hard pull to get the knob out Feels like it has been glued but it is not. Its a similar feel to a press fit. While removeing everything I discovered how filthy every component was so it took quite some time to get everything all cleaned up. I would really suggest that members remove their shooter assemblys just to learn about the machine and give it a really good cleaning back there. I know I dont have pics as I left my cam over at Dahlias. I might post pics of the steps if somone would really need me too. As a mechanic I found it all straight forward figuring out the way to do it without total dissasmbly of most of the machine. and Im very good at putting all of the screws where the belong. It might be too much of an undertaking for those without the proper screwdrivers or mech aptitude. Im really suprised that the knobs dont have an easier way for removal as they must get broken or damaged fairly often by patrons in the parlors.
    Led Zepplin

19. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The Japanese are very respectful of some others items
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

21. The following user says "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Jake seems very honest, open and quite frank. I had no trouble working with him and will order from them in the future. They also listen to suggestions from us pachitalkers.
    Cheers,
    Mike G

23. The following user says "Thanks" to slothappy144