Thread: My first cabinet **SpiderMan**

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default My first cabinet **SpiderMan**

Here is my first stand. I plan on building the ball return later. right now it just returns the ball to drawer on the bottom. I'm either going to resin Spiderman comic strips over all the wood, or i'm just going to fill in all the wood grain and paint it to match the machine paint scheme. One question... what voltage does the machine run on? it's been converted to 110, but what does the transformer put out? i have a neon light that i want to put under the drawer to reflect off the back board but i'm not sure what voltage the machine runs on. i'll post some more images as i get it done. It's taken me 2 days to build this much. I like the slim look on the sides of the machine. i also built the ball guide so that the ball feed to the front of the drawer so you can open the drawer while it's being played.

chris
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to stickck

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: My first cabinet **SpiderMan**

Now that looks like a really cool Cabinet!!

Love the attention to detail!!

Like to see it when it's all finished too!!

Well Done!

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

well done chris im inpressed real nice job i especialy like the spider webs o the legs

in answer to your question the transformer is out putting 24v ac you will probebly be better getting a 110v neon as you dont want to put much streaign on the transformer

oh and

Welcome to the funny farm we call pachitalk where fun is the main part of the daily diet along with a side order of info on machanics electronics and a pudding of laughs with fellow people intrested in the same things
    Last edited by drcrippen324; 12-11-2006 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

6. The following user says "Thanks" to drcrippen324

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I would not cover the nice red oak nice job with the fretwork web. The transformer for the machines convert 110v to 24v. The dept store neon I have is 12v. your still going to need a transformer put it and the machine on the same surge strip some of these need the power switch cycled anyway in order to start. Neon actually needs a start surge then it glows at a lower voltage, still around 90v more info.
    Cheers,
    Mike G
    Mikes Woodshop click on my game room link at bottom of page

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by slothappy144 View Post
    I would not cover the nice red oak nice job with the fretwork web. The transformer for the machines convert 110v to 24v. The dept store neon I have is 12v. your still going to need a transformer put it and the machine on the same surge strip some of these need the power switch cycled anyway in order to start. Neon actually needs a start surge then it glows at a lower voltage, still around 90v more info.
    Thanks. i was thinking about just putting a surg protector in there. i put a switch on the left side so i dont have to open the cover to turn it on. you now your types of wood! its just 3/16 panels so i'm not too worried about the cost. i payed $24 for a 4' x 8' sheet. Cheap enough that if i dont like the paint job, i'll just recut the panels. also, if you notice the bar and bench and stools in the picture, they are all the rustic Teak wagon wheel look and the red oak doesn't match and besides, i have enough wood finish furniture in there. i forgot to mention this but i bought some 1/16" foam from a craft store and used some 3M spray glue and put the foam in all the ball return channels. Makes a world of difference. of coarse you cant do anything about the balls hitting the glass durning play except put a small backward lean on the machine (which i also did) you cant tell by looking at it.
    I'll get some more pictures of it out here soon. i'm in Okinawa for one more year and would like to find a Spiderman (or other superhero) slot machine before i leave. Can you believe they charge more here for these machines then the shops in the states do. i paid $300 (not Yen) and he wanted $350. of coarse i didnt have to pay shipping but still... i got the machine, 500 balls and NO instructions AND to top it off, the top left corner of the web (around the LCD screen) has 3 bad LED's now. they stopped the day after i bought it. Go Figure. i'm not worried about it. i'll eventually replace them.

I also build a pool table for a friend. What a job. the slate was 1.75 inches thick! it was 3 pieces for a 8 foot table. it was originally supposed to only have 4 legs but it was bowing the 4"x6" oak beams, so i built 2 more legs for the center.
    thats me in the white. this was the night we pretty much finished it. we only had the side skirts left to put on. those Walnut rails were rough on my router and took forever to sand!

Chris

9. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to stickck

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Great job on that cabinet...I LOVE the webs!!!
    Dawn

11. The following user says "Thanks" to dattia

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice to meet you, stickck! Building that pool table is pretty darn amazing!

13. The following user says "Thanks" to slotter

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by slotter View Post
    Nice to meet you, stickck! Building that pool table is pretty darn amazing!
    yea it was fun to build. he was inside cleaning the old wood off the slate while i was outside building the frame. when he came out to help me, i think he got upset because i was already done with the main frame section. he said he wanted to help with that part because he's never done dove tails before. it took me about 2 hours to build the frame and i think it took us about 3 weeks to build the entire table(had to wait forever for the parts to come in from the states, we're in okinawa) I'm going to build one for myself once i get back to the states. i already bought the felt. i'm a huge NASCAR fan so i special ordered black felt with a HUGE white 3 outlined in red. I'm a Dale Earnhardt Fan!

i'm building the frame to look like a race car flipped upside down.

talk to you later

chris
    Last edited by stickck; 12-12-2006 at 03:42 AM.

15. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to stickck

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Awesome! I cast a vote for the comic strip treatment...at least some of which should be the Japanese version, I'd say...

Truly a stand with character. Thanks for sharing it.
    [D] means [developement] [doramatic] [demention] and [design]

Thanks
    Thanks Received

this is just to give everyone an idea of what it will look like when i'm done. the handle is the only thing holding the image on the front of the drawer. i need to resize the image to cover the entire front of the drawer. i think the rest of the cabinet will be all white. i'll just delete off most of the backgrounds from the images to give it a FADED look. as you can tell by looking at the image, i have alot of file work to do to clean up the webs.

Chris

18. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to stickck

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

thats awsome is i wouldent paint the rest white i would go for a purple couler with some more of the graphics down the sides of the cab
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

20. The following user says "Thanks" to drcrippen324

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

22. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi